What's The Defence?

I was bored, so I typed in 'FM10 Patch 3' into Google. I got back several torrent downloads with the 3rd patch already in them.

I was wondering what SI actually do about these, or if they're even "real" torrents?

I know this probably isn't the best place to post this, but I'm at a loss at where else it could go.

And just a note: I do NOT use torrents or cracks... before you all start killing me. ;)

Just wanted other people's (and SI's) views on the matter. :)

Chances are they'll be trojans/viruses, or mislabeled older patches or irrelevent files uploaded by those wishing to be a nuisance.

It's very unlikely they'll be real, as even beta testers don't get a patch file so to speak, rather a download of a new build of the game. If indeed any patch file exists, it'll only be in the hands of SI, and most likely not even the finished article.

I honestly don't get why people would do that? :(

Because it's a lucrative business. You download a trojan and a hacker can control your computer to send spam, get your credit card details and all sorts of illegal activity.

A lot of those so-called patch sites send you on a wild goose chase, opening windows to god-knows-what and each time you run the risk of contracting trojans, spyware etc.

Just wait for SI's legit release.

Because it's a lucrative business. You download a trojan and a hacker can control your computer to send spam, get your credit card details and all sorts of illegal activity.

A lot of those so-called patch sites send you on a wild goose chase, opening windows to god-knows-what and each time you run the risk of contracting trojans, spyware etc.

Some people. :rolleyes:

Just wait for SI's legit release.

I am!

There is no defence required- they are not the official patches- SI have no control over what is posted on a torrent site, but it is hard not to think that anyone who does download the torrent deserves all they get;)

Don't official FM patches use torrents? :confused:

There is no defence required- they are not the official patches- SI have no control over what is posted on a torrent site, but it is hard not to think that anyone who does download the torrent deserves all they get;)

Yeah, I agree. :D

Well.

Patch 10.1 - the 1st

Patch 10.1.1 - the 2nd

Patch 10.2 - is actually the 3rd, I suppose.

Didn't make it clear. It read 10.3.

Archived