10.2 Questions/Issues

Ok so playing the latest patch, now in 2017, severe lack of any real new world class talent coming through, having around 20 countries loaded with large database surely there would be some world class youngsters out there? nope... nothing, all the great current players (obviously now ageing rapidly and retiring) are far beyond what any regen is ever capable of. Nobody close to ronaldo/messi/kaka skill level in 7 or 8 years? not very realistic, checked the database using genie scout to have a look at what kind potential was possible and yeah there were a few up to the 190/200 level but either they didnt reach it or something like this, infact i find most are goalies and yes i know its possible that the players didnt reach it, but there are so few that its making my game just not enjoyable to try and compete and play in if you cant scout some new literally world class player and pick him up, all the top teams are full of distinctly average players allowing a Wolves team (with terrible players i might add by usual standards) to go 2nd in the prem in 2016.

So yeah, gripe over about the qualities of regens and players in general.

Next point, have searched what these "non-football costs" are and from what it says in the game its non playing staffs wages, well i added them up, including my wage, 200k a week, yet last season i ended up spending 40m on them, whereas 60m went on player wages and thats 1.2m a week or something stupid, now how on earth that has happened i have no clue, i have just 1 theory, i have maybe.... 12-15 scouts scouring the world, i am going to have an educated guess and think that this could be the cause of this huge budget? (havent tried not scouting yet, will do it soon)

All in all just not liking the inability to make any kind of profit from scouting youngsters and selling them on at a profit or training them up to be the world class talents you should be able to find and added to that the inability to make any money due to insane non football costs (higher than my gate receipts might i add) i find myself having no chance to save money to expand the stadium or build a new one, which seems to be the only way to counter the problems faced with this lack of money, and as the squad ages, how am i supposed to replace those places with new younger versions of the same quality with no money to stay competitive? all in all, love the game, addicted like hell, just like always, but getting a little bit miffed.

Well aware it was probably too long and boring to read, but whoever manages to read it and wants to post comments or answers to the finance questions can do so :) want a nice healthy discussion on your ideas/opinions/solutions

Cheers

Apologies, didnt bother to check the version, just guessed, its 10.2, not even sure if 10.3 is out yet, if it is, feel free to link me ;)

10.3 is due out late Feb/early March. :)

Personally I haven't found the decline in newgens that a lot of others have noticed. There always seems to be a great deal of worldclass players coming through the ranks in my games.

I'm not going to be much help on the financial side of things either. :p

10.3 is due out late Feb/early March. :)

Personally I haven't found the decline in newgens that a lot of others have noticed. There always seems to be a great deal of worldclass players coming through the ranks in my games.

I'm not going to be much help on the financial side of things either. :p

hehe thanks for that, must be lucky then ;) then again i guess people differ in what they would call "world class" for example did you find someone that was as good as messi or ronaldo stats wise or positional rating wise?

meh i searched a lot for financial help but everyone said it was policing and that rubbish, not believing that costs 40m for that **** ;)

hehe thanks for that, must be lucky then ;) then again i guess people differ in what they would call "world class" for example did you find someone that was as good as messi or ronaldo stats wise or positional rating wise?

meh i searched a lot for financial help but everyone said it was policing and that rubbish, not believing that costs 40m for that **** ;)

Yeah, for example, I holidayed 100 years into the future on FM10, and found several Ronaldo/Messi-like players.

Well, I think you should check what game you're playing, because the regens are more than fine.

Considering that in 2013-14 I won the Premier League and Champions League together with a side half made of regens, it's hard to really question their quality.

Also, what club are you. Some clubs get destroyed financially.

Yeah, for example, I holidayed 100 years into the future on FM10, and found several Ronaldo/Messi-like players.

lol 100 years? thats overkill if i ever saw it!!! hahaha, dang, my PC would die, its already slow as hell in 2017 lol, hmm well cheers anyways, hopefully get some nicely trained beauties sooner or later, hanging on by a thread here!

anything interesting happen in 100 years? who was premiership winners etc? sure you created a thread for something that epic? wanna link me? ;)

lol 100 years? thats overkill if i ever saw it!!! hahaha, dang, my PC would die, its already slow as hell in 2017 lol, hmm well cheers anyways, hopefully get some nicely trained beauties sooner or later, hanging on by a thread here!

anything interesting happen in 100 years? who was premiership winners etc? sure you created a thread for something that epic? wanna link me? ;)

Actually, I just did it for fun. Didn't make a thread. :o

Haven't got the save with me right now, but iirc Tottenham actually dominated for quite a while, before City and Liverpool took over. They ran till the mid 2020s, where Arsenal had 3 or 4 years on top.

The only other thing I remember is that Man Utd were completely dominant from 2070 onwards. They won everything. :)

Well, I think you should check what game you're playing, because the regens are more than fine.

Considering that in 2013-14 I won the Premier League and Champions League together with a side half made of regens, it's hard to really question their quality.

Also, what club are you. Some clubs get destroyed financially.

Reading, always Reading ;) got no loans, nothing, stadium is expanded to the full... 38000 i think it is? its good but not enough to support financially (Prem winners 2 seasons ago, CL winners last season has kept me in the black, mostly)

My team is full of real players, my first 11 has maybe... 1 regen in it, currently hanging on to real players that were youngsters in 2010 and managed to get a nice Potential cap and therefore developed nicely into good players. But they arent getting any younger, defense is going over 30 pretty soon and there is just nobody of real quality to replace them with without parting company with 20m+ per top class young player which really isnt feasible with my financial situation as it is, im basically killing myself putting a lot of effort, a lot of time, a lot of scouting, and a lot of dealing in selling players just to keep being able to stay on top, dunno, maybe its supposed to be like that *shrug*

Actually, I just did it for fun. Didn't make a thread. :o

Haven't got the save with me right now, but iirc Tottenham actually dominated for quite a while, before City and Liverpool took over. They ran till the mid 2020s, where Arsenal had 3 or 4 years on top.

The only other thing I remember is that Man Utd were completely dominant from 2070 onwards. They won everything. :)

probably managed to pay off all their debt by 2070 ;) then they can spend their huge income on their team haha ;)

hmm last season i had an offer accepted for my young reserve left back by my chairman... didnt want it of course but cant do anything (was in the red at the time, maybe 20m in the red, but couldnt do anything about it, had won the prem, all that prize money, all the tv money, the wage budget is 1.8m they gave me, was only spending 1.2m of it but every week losing money so thats what i guess he did it for) and then just had another one accepted by the stupid chairman (oh simon jordan took over from mr madjeski, thought that was rather amusing) for my reserve AMC when 30m in the red (mainly due to a rebuild of the team) but a top team like me with NO debts, and huge prize money from the Prem/CL winning both in 2 seasons, all that TV money... just dont get it

probably managed to pay off all their debt by 2070 ;) then they can spend their huge income on their team haha ;)

hmm last season i had an offer accepted for my young reserve left back by my chairman... didnt want it of course but cant do anything (was in the red at the time, maybe 20m in the red, but couldnt do anything about it, had won the prem, all that prize money, all the tv money, the wage budget is 1.8m they gave me, was only spending 1.2m of it but every week losing money so thats what i guess he did it for) and then just had another one accepted by the stupid chairman (oh simon jordan took over from mr madjeski, thought that was rather amusing) for my reserve AMC when 30m in the red (mainly due to a rebuild of the team) but a top team like me with NO debts, and huge prize money from the Prem/CL winning both in 2 seasons, all that TV money... just dont get it

Try not spending anything for a few seasons, and selling your unneeded reserve/U18 players every season. Just because the chairman gives you a 20mil transfer budget, doesn't mean there's actually 20mil to spend. :)

Try not spending anything for a few seasons, and selling your unneeded reserve/U18 players every season. Just because the chairman gives you a 20mil transfer budget, doesn't mean there's actually 20mil to spend. :)

oh yes im very aware of it, i sold players just to get back in the black last season and decided to go on a rebuild of sorts this season with some young expensive talent to last me 5 or 6 seasons and sell out the old stuff, obviously young > old in price so that put me back in the red but last season i started in the black and just gradually went down and down without buying anyone, had a nice 35m budget, still had 30m left at the end of the season lol.

As i stated already, my U18 players are always useless personified, although i did get my son coming through the ranks, needless to say he was at best a league two player ;) So selling these really yields... hmm nothing really, and i dont have a reserve team... just maybe 3-5 slightly promising youths that ive kept on and ive already sold most of them off beginning of this season ;) my 1st team squad consists of 11 starts, 7 subs and about 4 reserves... cant afford more ;) Running my team on a shoestring budget and not getting anywhere!

Archived