man utd Bankrupt

With their current debts, plus if the financial management is bad, it's quite possible for them to go under in the game.

Much like how Liverpool always seem to go into admin within the first 5-10 seasons.

Liverpool is rich here (2017-2018), ManU only 'okay' though ...

After a few bad years, United were "Insecure" in 2012-2013 for me, but unfortunately managed to pull off a second place league finish (Their highest in the game, their 1st top 4 I believe!) so will probably be pulled back from the brink by champions league football. :(

Their current level of debt, whilst being huge, is perfectly manageable with champions league money. However on FM they seem to be the first top 4 club to be usurped by City, Spurs and Villa creating a downward spiral. They are never the same when Fergie leaves, which is usually within a season or two.

im liverpool just bout to start 12/13 and last 2 seasons ive paid over 90m in loan repayments ant only 6m have come off the debt. i won euro cup in 11 and champ league, super cup, fa cup and league cup and fin 3rd in prem in 12. how can i get more money taken off my debts?

Their current level of debt, whilst being huge, is perfectly manageable with champions league money. However on FM they seem to be the first top 4 club to be usurped by City, Spurs and Villa creating a downward spiral. They are never the same when Fergie leaves, which is usually within a season or two.

Sorry but it isn't manageable at all. Dont listen to the spin that David Comical Ali Gill spews. United were one penalty away from playing every game possible last year. Yet United only made a £42m profit by seling Ronaldo for £80m. We would have made a £38m loss if we didnt sell Ronnie. How is that manageable? The Glazers recently put in in their bond prospectus that it could be possible for Carrington our training ground and Old Trafford to be sold. Hence the recent Green and Gold protest. Doing well in Europe isn't enough for the level of debt we have. I personally feel that the Glazers will be gone in 12 months if not before as the protest gets stronger and stronger (as today should highlight how strong the Green and Gold movement is). The debt is many things the last thing it is however is manageable.

Sorry but it isn't manageable at all. Dont listen to the spin that David Comical Ali Gill spews. United were one penalty away from playing every game possible last year. Yet United only made a £42m profit by seling Ronaldo for £80m. We would have made a £38m loss if we didnt sell Ronnie. How is that manageable? The Glazers recently put in in their bond prospectus that it could be possible for Carrington our training ground and Old Trafford to be sold. Hence the recent Green and Gold protest. Doing well in Europe isn't enough for the level of debt we have. I personally feel that the Glazers will be gone in 12 months if not before as the protest gets stronger and stronger (as today should highlight how strong the Green and Gold movement is). The debt is many things the last thing it is however is manageable.

^^ yer, what he said.

This all pleases me in game and out of game *mr burns moment* excellent...

The sleeping arsenal dragon waits!(or some other such metaphor..)

Crouching tiger sleeping donkey?

But in a few of my long term saves liverpool and man utd go bust and chelsea fade into championship. Arsenal manage to avoid relegation so often.

No it isn`t. £1m is nothing and no lender will wrap up a football club that turns over £50m a year fr that much money.

Man Utd are in trouble.

If a small club is in 1mill plus debt they are in trouble but united will be bailed out by the government or a loaded guy.

If a small club is in 1mill plus debt they are in trouble but united will be bailed out by the government or a loaded guy.

The government could hardly bail United out now, could they?

Questions would instantly be asked as to why they didn't bail out, say, Portsmouth.

As for a loaded guy, remember the Glazers will only sell when it's impossible to carry on paying their own wages and borrowing to pay the interest payments. As long as they get their payouts they aren't worried, they have nothing to lose. Right now or in five years, the clubs unlikely to sell for more than £1 plus debts.

When the point finally arrives where they can't borrow to pay the interest and their own salaries, when they've sold and rented back all viable assets and are basically insolvent, they may be needing a £1billion investment or even more. Who exactly will step in and offer this? And as they are likely to asset strip first, what would the purchaser be buying, the name?

Exactly. Any buyer for Man Utd needs to find £600m to service the debt alone. That means the Glaziers selling for no money.

Man Utd are in trouble, how do you pay bak a debt of £600m when your interest payments are £60m per year?

I am a Leeds fan and I remember well the abuse I got from Man Utd fans when we almost went to the wall, but I don`t wish that on any club.

I'm up to 12/13 on a City game and their financial status is 'insecure' and my scout says I can buy Rooney for 27 million, which I'm going to do just to screw them over. Can you imagine if such a thing actually happened in real life? They have no European football this season after finishing 12th in the league and will probably end up going into debt...Sir Alex was actually fired shortly before the season finished too. I've never seen that happen before in the previous 3 versions of FM

Manchester Utd should have lots of merchandising though. I know they have problems with greedy owners, but i would never forsee this.

For some highly strange reason when someone says merchandising to me i always think of Yogurt in the film Spaceballs:D, now i have an odd image of alex ferguson playing the part.

Manchester Utd should have lots of merchandising though. I know they have problems with greedy owners, but i would never forsee this.

erm, try actually looking at the facts, ALL IN ALL man utd made a profit of £40+m last year (FACT). and that was only because they sold the best player in the world for £79m(FACT). take that sale away and that makes a massive LOSS(£37m). how can any club servive like that???

erm, try actually looking at the facts, ALL IN ALL man utd made a profit of £40+m last year (FACT). and that was only because they sold the best player in the world for £79m(FACT). take that sale away and that makes a massive LOSS(£37m). how can any club servive like that???

Youll have to forgive me for not knowing the ins and outs of every financial detail of a foreign club.

This all pleases me in game and out of game *mr burns moment* excellent...

The sleeping arsenal dragon waits!(or some other such metaphor..)

The fact that football is rotten to the core pleases you? The fact that someone can load a club with millions of pounds worth of debt. That people can run clubs into ground to the point that they are on the brink of closing down? The last time I looked you were in debt yourself, be careful what you wish for.

Bailed out by the government? We're not Real Madrid. he govenment aren't arsed about football clubs, they let this happen in the first place.

The government could hardly bail United out now, could they?

Questions would instantly be asked as to why they didn't bail out, say, Portsmouth.

As for a loaded guy, remember the Glazers will only sell when it's impossible to carry on paying their own wages and borrowing to pay the interest payments. As long as they get their payouts they aren't worried, they have nothing to lose. Right now or in five years, the clubs unlikely to sell for more than £1 plus debts.

When the point finally arrives where they can't borrow to pay the interest and their own salaries, when they've sold and rented back all viable assets and are basically insolvent, they may be needing a £1billion investment or even more. Who exactly will step in and offer this? And as they are likely to asset strip first, what would the purchaser be buying, the name?

My heart goes out to you as a Pompey fan. Your fans wore green and gold scarves in support of us at Old Trafford recently. Hope everything works out for your lot.

As for who will look to buy United. There is an as yet unknown financial muscle men and United fans who are known as the Red Knights who are preparing a bid. The match is starting now but google it and you'll read about it.

Exactly. Any buyer for Man Utd needs to find £600m to service the debt alone. That means the Glaziers selling for no money.

Man Utd are in trouble, how do you pay bak a debt of £600m when your interest payments are £60m per year?

I am a Leeds fan and I remember well the abuse I got from Man Utd fans when we almost went to the wall, but I don`t wish that on any club.

I admire your restraint. You are right a lot of United fans had no sympathy due to our hatred of each other.

Lots of people foresaw it. Thats why people protested as much as we did in 2005. Only know is it there in black and white.

Aye we are/were 330million in debt, 130mil of it we just cleared, we have a pretty good financial structure and we dont overspend on players, wenger might not be getting us the greatest results on the pitch lately, but we are well geared for the future.

The rotten to the core part of football doesnt please me, but man uniteds downfall would.

on fm 08 i was newcaslte and man u went into adminastration they ended up selling all there good players

rooney - arsenal 30 mil

ronaldo - inter 25 mil

evra - chelsea 19 mil

carrick - newcastle yay :) 9.5 mil

vidic - newcaslte :) 15.75

js park - coventry :S 3.5

ferdinand - inter/ ac cant remember 17 mil

tevez - chelsea 28 mil

nani - newcastle :) 2.5 mil

on fm 08 i was newcaslte and man u went into adminastration they ended up selling all there good players

rooney - arsenal 30 mil

ronaldo - inter 25 mil

evra - chelsea 19 mil

carrick - newcastle yay :) 9.5 mil

vidic - newcaslte :) 15.75

js park - coventry :S 3.5

ferdinand - inter/ ac cant remember 17 mil

tevez - chelsea 28 mil

nani - newcastle :) 2.5 mil

thats a bargain for park, i think hes one of their most underated players.

man utd - in serious trouble irl..

arsenal - one of the best financially in the prem tbh.

but id still stick all my money on utd being the safer of the two for years to come..

utd are still the biggest club in the world commercially and will always have a long queue of rich people wanting to invest..

the glazers will be out in the next year or so im sure.. ( or should that be , i hope?)

im a leeds fan aswell... we know all about bad financial management behind the scenes

Aye we are/were 330million in debt, 130mil of it we just cleared, we have a pretty good financial structure and we dont overspend on players, wenger might not be getting us the greatest results on the pitch lately, but we are well geared for the future.

The rotten to the core part of football doesnt please me, but man uniteds downfall would.

Why? As an Arsenal fan, why? If you were a scouser, city or Leeds fan I would understand. I presume you are an Post96 ABU? The Premier League would lose a huge part of it's appeal without United. Look at most grounds that are empty until United come to town. Hate the team, hate the fans, we thrive on it. I cannot understand though how a football fan would want another club go to the wall. I hate the scousers but I would rather play them each year than never see them again.

You just cleared most of the £130m by selling the Highbury flats if I'm right. How many more are there to sell? What about the other £200m then? I read somewhere that you will be out of debt by 2030. You think that is financially secure?

Why? As an Arsenal fan, why? If you were a scouser, city or Leeds fan I would understand. I presume you are an Post96 ABU? The Premier League would lose a huge part of it's appeal without United. Look at most grounds that are empty until United come to town. Hate the team, hate the fans, we thrive on it. I cannot understand though how a football fan would want another club go to the wall. I hate the scousers but I would rather play them each year than never see them again.

You just cleared most of the £130m by selling the Highbury flats if I'm right. How many more are there to sell? What about the other £200m then? I read somewhere that you will be out of debt by 2030. You think that is financially secure?

I have alot of reasons i dislike man united, namely some of my friends/family support them mainly cause like alot of united fans they are glory hunting asshats who know nothing about football nor watch it but still like to gloat when they read the result in the paper, another reason is id like to see other teams win stuff instead of the usual 4, another reason - i dont like games that are on tv to be predictable which with united games largely are, another reason is largley induced by the media, another reason is andy grays desire to insert his face into fergusons rear each chance he gets. i dont like the mancurian accent perhaps due to listening to oasis far too much on the radio:D, another reason - referees are extremely biased with them, fergie time(the added time that is always added at the end of the game when united are losing) but yeah alot of my reasons are petty or just personal complaints but i know im not the only one who shares these beliefs, and sometimes its just funny to see them falter.

As for being financially secure, we are making significant progress in reducing debt, which i dont believe any other club with similar debt is.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/half-year-financial-results-announced

we still have 100 or so of the highbury flats to sell. and to be honest im happy with all aspects of my club on the pitch and off it, regardless if we are winning or losing:thup:

I have alot of reasons i dislike man united, namely some of my friends/family support them mainly cause like alot of united fans they are glory hunting asshats who know nothing about football nor watch it but still like to gloat when they read the result in the paper, another reason is id like to see other teams win stuff instead of the usual 4, another reason - i dont like games that are on tv to be predictable which with united games largely are, another reason is largley induced by the media, another reason is andy grays desire to insert his face into fergusons rear each chance he gets. i dont like the mancurian accent perhaps due to listening to oasis far too much on the radio:D, another reason - referees are extremely biased with them, fergie time(the added time that is always added at the end of the game when united are losing) but yeah alot of my reasons are petty or just personal complaints but i know im not the only one who shares these beliefs, and sometimes its just funny to see them falter.

As for being financially secure, we are making significant progress in reducing debt, which i dont believe any other club with similar debt is.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/half-year-financial-results-announced

we still have 100 or so of the highbury flats to sell. and to be honest im happy with all aspects of my club on the pitch and off it, regardless if we are winning or losing:thup:

Yep a typical post 96 ABU who thinks all United fans are glory hunters and all the other hype such as ref in our pockets blah blah blah. Luckily for your sake Arsenal Supporters Trust haven't got such a blinkered view of United fans when asking for advice on trying to preventing Alisher Usmanov taking over by discussing with various United groups who successfully stopped the Sky takeover in 1998, which would of ruined football had us glory hunters not fought them, compare that to city fans wearing teatowels when their current owners flashed them a few pounds. We also fought and lost the battle with Glazer (but not the war just yet). Hope you enjoyed Vidic not being given a red card today. MUFC - Hated or Adored - Never ignored.

To be honest mate, if you are happy with being £200m in debt then I'm fighting a losing battle so I'll stop right here.

One final thing though, I've never heard what a Mancurian accent sounds like (unless you meant Mancunian ;-) ) but Liam Gallagher is enough to put anyone off Manchester. I'll give you that one. Pesky blues always giving Mancunian's a bad name. Good job they only account for 25% of the place I call home.

The fact that football is rotten to the core pleases you? The fact that someone can load a club with millions of pounds worth of debt. That people can run clubs into ground to the point that they are on the brink of closing down? The last time I looked you were in debt yourself, be careful what you wish for.

Bailed out by the government? We're not Real Madrid. he govenment aren't arsed about football clubs, they let this happen in the first place.

What does the government have to do with anything? It isn't their responsibilty.

Archived