The "Special One in the Making"...(seriously)

Hey guys..im not from the bottle...im the special one in the making...ok with all seriousness...im trying to start a new save when patch 10.3 releases...and i dont really want to manage the big 4 nor city...i was thinking of managing a mid table side ...or top 7 side in england...i shortlisted everton, villa and spurs...and really need your advise or help to help me choose...im not really sure about spurs...i just think that thier totally trash...usless fans...a clown of a manager and just threw money for years hoping to make the top 4...but its ur choice and ill select the best one...so pls lemme know what ull think and a reason for ur given choice...thanks a lot guys..or if ull think i should check out another team...pls lemme know thats cool too...just give a reason with that choice as wel...thanks...im done rambling now...really excited..LOL!!!

Ummm...i assume you want suggestions for a club to manage/

The longlist is probably

Villa

Everton

Spurs

Fulham

West Ham

It really depends on the challenge you want.

Villa: Beast of a squad especially good considering the amount of english talent (agbonlahor, Ashley Young, Milner, Heskey) and doesnt need much to make the push into the top 4. You should be qualifying for Europa league easily so i'd recommend these guys. The money invested isnt silly to make it too easy as well, but you get enough to imrpve.

I'd probably go with Villa, especially as in real life they are a great team and the support is fantastic.

thanks guys for all ur input...surprising no one mentions spurs....lol...well even though i support a big 4 side..(aint gonna say the name here..LOL) I do have a soft spot for Villa...i just think Martin O'Neil is really a good manager but not somone who can manage a big club...he looks sooo timid...with all honesty...ok keep it coming guys....thanks again.

Not the hammers. I'd be worried about the bongo merchants running the club and what they'd come up with next. I'd prefer the confidence of having a reliable chairman backing me, which makes Everton and Villa the best bets. Then again maybe I'd feel bad about deposing Moyes or O'Neil l- and Hodgson, who are wonderful managers. I'd feel no such qualms about dumping Redknapp on his ar5e!

Why not try newcastle united......get promoted in first season, high club reputation, big stadium, decent players and you can build your own squad when you get promoted.

That's it. Sunderland also has nice budget, and a cool stadium name.

Spurs - they have a great squad to start with, youngsters to develop, a good financial situation that will be even better once 10.3is released (or so we have been told - there have been so many problems this year that our data issues thread is almost as long as Spain's ffs), a loyal fanbase with the possibility of expanding the stadium.

Spurs - they have a great squad to start with, youngsters to develop, a good financial situation that will be even better once 10.3is released (or so we have been told - there have been so many problems this year that our data issues thread is almost as long as Spain's ffs), a loyal fanbase with the possibility of expanding the stadium.

But that is the problem. They will be up for the challenge on their own. You cannot increase the density of top competition by taking Spurs. The aim should be bringing in someone new.

Hey guys..im not from the bottle...im the special one in the making...ok with all seriousness...im trying to start a new save when patch 10.3 releases...and i dont really want to manage the big 4 nor city...i was thinking of managing a mid table side ...or top 7 side in england...i shortlisted everton, villa and spurs...and really need your advise or help to help me choose...im not really sure about spurs...i just think that thier totally trash...usless fans...a clown of a manager and just threw money for years hoping to make the top 4...but its ur choice and ill select the best one...so pls lemme know what ull think and a reason for ur given choice...thanks a lot guys..or if ull think i should check out another team...pls lemme know thats cool too...just give a reason with that choice as wel...thanks...im done rambling now...really excited..LOL!!!

What?! :eek::D

I take great exception to this, and would be angry if i weren't used to us being slagged off.

Our fans are fickle and wear rose-tinted glasses, yes, but we are not any more useless than any other set of fans in England(Newcastle, Arsenal, Chelscum, ~Liverpool, and so on).

Redknapp is not a clown either, he's turned us around 180. Not gonna take us into the CL, but he has stabilised us. And our NET spend since summer '08 is approximatley £10-15 million. Yes,that means a very well run business, and that we spend within our means. Who of the ambitious will not spend money to improve the club? Bit of a silly criticsm to be honest, especially when Villa spend happily.

If in the EPL, maybe Evereton, although the players have overrated stats, but it'd be more fun to get a lesser fancied club there, where you can really build the squad and have backing. For that reason i'd nominate Sunderland, or Newcastle.

How come the financial situation will be improved?

Where did we finish last year again? ;)

Where will you finish this year? Below Spurs.....2-1........;)

C'mon you have to admit your stats are a little high, Is Jagielka 16 tackling, heading, POSITIONING? :D

Stoke, Sunderland, Birmingham, West Ham and Wolves are all clubs with the potential to become big clubs quite easily in terms of ground capacity upgrades and building upon the current team. They're sides that aren't too big like Villa, Everton or Spurs, and aren't limited a lot in some regards like Hull, Fulham and Wigan.

some really good responses and I see a lot of people say i should take on Everton but they do have a considerable amount of debt and a delapitating stadium it would be a good journey though im in half a mind to take over newcastle supposedle "best fans in the country" so hopefully after promoting them to the prem can get in a new owner and a new stadium but wouldnt want to move from st james park (one of the best stadiums in the country) ummmm...sounds interesting...someone said i should start from the bottom...like the journey man career . how should i go about doing it? thanks again to everyone who posted here.

newcastle is a great shout... they'll be my choice..

financially they will be safe as you can sell off the big earners... get enough of a budget to bring in some talented players and you will inevitably get taken over and have debt taken control of... brilliant youngsters in the squad too with spear, vuckic and carroll etc

Where will you finish this year? Below Spurs.....2-1........;)

C'mon you have to admit your stats are a little high, Is Jagielka 16 tackling, heading, POSITIONING? :D

jagielka is a fantastic defender and fully deserves his stats imo... his injury hasnt been great for him but he's proven himself a very capable and solid cb imo...

and im a neutral....

jagielka > king > dawson imo...

Well if it was up to me I'd say Tottenham.

There again I am a Spurs fan so I would say them. They have a good side that in FM always overachieve.

If not my side then I reckon Aston Villa would be the more fun game to play. They have a good chairman and already a good squad and money to spare. Bring back the glory days of their title win in 81 and European Cup in 82.

Dawson is amazing, better then both the other 2. Dawson>Jagielka>King(simply because he's constantly injured)

I would do a save with West Ham or Fulham

Dawson can tackle but positional sense is wayward. Remember that it was Jagielka that made Lescott look good

newcastle is a great shout... they'll be my choice..

financially they will be safe as you can sell off the big earners... get enough of a budget to bring in some talented players and you will inevitably get taken over and have debt taken control of... brilliant youngsters in the squad too with spear, vuckic and carroll etc

I imagine Ashley wont be seeling in the new patch. It's also harder than you think to sell the players. Oh, and the debt cost £500,000 a month near enough (only when in profit though) ;)

In all honesty I did this with villa and done very well within 3 seasons. Best thing for you to do - if u want a REAL challenge - take a job at maybe a championship or league 1,2,3 and get to the top. I accomplished it with accrington stanley on fm09. Took me 7 seasons but i did it, and won the league cup lmao. It was very hard but it was a challenge that i rose to and won.

Good luck

Everton are not too much of a challenge, most people seem to win the league within 3 seasons at the most. I fancied playing as Villa because the AI always seems to do bad. Everton is however a really fun game some of their players are just brilliant to use.

i think any1 who is slagging off jagielka is pretty dumb because if he was fit for the season then he would be in england squad no doubt and has already played for england and was regularly in squad last season and eventhough dawson has had a good season and best of his career by far and still cant get into squad.we all like to think we could be great managers in real life because we play fm but if fabio capello thinks jags is better than dawson (which he does as hes picked him more) then who are to argue. and this is coming from a liverpool fan

jagielka is a fantastic defender and fully deserves his stats imo... his injury hasnt been great for him but he's proven himself a very capable and solid cb imo...

and im a neutral....

jagielka > king > dawson imo...

Jagielka is a brilliant defender
i think any1 who is slagging off jagielka is pretty dumb because if he was fit for the season then he would be in england squad no doubt and has already played for england and was regularly in squad last season and eventhough dawson has had a good season and best of his career by far and still cant get into squad.we all like to think we could be great managers in real life because we play fm but if fabio capello thinks jags is better than dawson (which he does as hes picked him more) then who are to argue. and this is coming from a liverpool fan

no-ones slagging him off just that he's a tad overrated in this game. To say his basic talent is more than that of King's is a monstrous statment :eek:

To be honest, Don Capello has gone back on his words here. He said he would only be picking players based on form. Well, Gerrard has hardly had the season of his life- in the squad, Crouch has been terrible- in the squad, Heskey.. LMAO- in the squad.

Huddlestone- been immense- not in the squad

Dawson- been immense- not in the squad

Zamora- been immense- not in the squad.

Im having tons of fun on my Everton save. Lots of depth in midfield (Cahill, Fellaini, Arteta, Pienaar, Bilyat, Osman), a really talented group of youngsters to lead the team in the future (Vaughan, Baxter, Rodwell, Gosling) and not to hard to lure quality additions.

To be honest, Don Capello has gone back on his words here. He said he would only be picking players based on form. Well, Gerrard has hardly had the season of his life- in the squad, Crouch has been terrible- in the squad, Heskey.. LMAO- in the squad.

Huddlestone- been immense- not in the squad

Dawson- been immense- not in the squad

Zamora- been immense- not in the squad.

Dawson, Zamora & Huddlestone??? Are you stoned???? If he put them in the squad id laff. Theres FAR more quality in the squad without them, Capello hasnt picked them because theyr erm, rubbish. Theyr not what would really be sufficient 'international' players. They just arent good enough.

Dawson, Zamora & Huddlestone??? Are you stoned???? If he put them in the squad id laff. Theres FAR more quality in the squad without them, Capello hasnt picked them because theyr erm, rubbish. Theyr not what would really be sufficient 'international' players. They just arent good enough.

Dawson could be a decent squad member if there are injuries, Zamora i agree with you on, and Huddlestone is perhaps a victim of there being many good central midfield players already. I would not put him in over Carrick, for instance, not at this point. But Cappello himself has sung Huddlestones praises already, and i have to question whether you see him on a regular basis, or is it yet another assumption that a Spurs player must be crap due to the badge he wears on his chest. Sometimes i wonder if people here actually watch the game as a whole, or just feel ok with making baseless assertions? Rubbish you say? Mmmm ok matey :thup:

Dawson could be a decent squad member if there are injuries, Zamora i agree with you on, and Huddlestone is perhaps a victim of there being many good central midfield players already. I would not put him in over Carrick, for instance, not at this point. But Cappello himself has sung Huddlestones praises already, and i have to question whether you see him on a regular basis, or is it yet another assumption that a Spurs player must be crap due to the badge he wears on his chest. Sometimes i wonder if people here actually watch the game as a whole, or just feel ok with making baseless assertions? Rubbish you say? Mmmm ok matey :thup:

I agree. Not sure about Huddlestone cos I haven't seen too much of him being a Man City fan, but definitely Zamora should be in. If Shawcross is in then Dawson should be there ahead of Upson in my opinion because he's been just as good as Shawcross.

Capello did say he'd go off form and in that case, like you said, Gerrard, Heskey and Crouch do not deserve to be there. Also very harsh on Paul Robinson in my opinion, another former Spurs man. He's been very good for Bburn recently!

Archived