Who's the best player you have ever signed!!!

everybody's at it with their titles tonight, i'll blame the time of the night.

Best signing has to be getting Bobby Zamora to sign a new 5 year contract :cool:. Was a regen called Erik Poncak on FM08 who is my best ever, DC/ST who scored for fun

The best signing i ever made was bringing Sebastian Rusculleda to Empoli on fm 09. He cost me 240K and in the first season we won Serie B with Rusculleda being named the fans player of the season and Serie B player of the season. His value shot up to 4m with clubs like A.C. Milan and Roma chasing him and he got a call up to the italian national team.

On my FM08 save I started life with Coventry & with their limited funds I came across Daryl Murphy transfer listed for £300k in the first pre-season. He played 39 games and scored 46 in the Championship gaining me a shock Promotion. His value then rocketed from £300k to £16m. Classic! By this point I'd signed Dayro Moreno for £5m but had to loan him out for the first 2 seasons to Champs League teams so he was being picked for his country. By the time the WC(2010) arrived he'd played enough to get a WP then he was "devastated to have missed out on the WC" in his Int Morale causing him to play the 2010/11 in a more determined way...£5m start of season....£22m at the end & he scored a hat trick on his debut!

Fabrizio Zambrella. Signed him for free when i was at Notts Forest and he was immense. Often scored goals set up up goals and was probably my best player that season.

Was also wanted by Arsenal in the January transfer window, which did surprise me

Stefan Selakovic.

CM 01/02! That was a great game! Did anyone else ever sign To Madeira on that edition? He was some made-up striker the researchers added as a joke, who without fail turned into one of the best strikers on the game. Kinda cheating signing him, but it didn't stop me!

:D

A regen called Jochen Halfar in my Arsenal game on FM08. By the time he was 20, he was scoring 50 goals a season.

I'm also very happy with my purchases on my current save. Newcastle, 3rd season(I took over at start of 2nd), brought in a host of players. Got Eidur Gudjonssen, Theirry Henry, and Gabriel Milito on frees. Milito and Taylor are so close at CB that I'd worry about them if they were training alone together. Henry has 8 goals in 5 appearances(even at the age of 33), and Gudjonnson has even forced Eden Hazard, my young AM, out onto the wing instead. Still, could just be a good start that will be followed by a slump.

The best player i have signed in this game would be Darren Senda for my Wrexham side.

Playing as a right midfielder he was top scorer for me in both BSP and L2. All for 1K. He single handedly dragged me up the leagues.

Roberto Trashoras & Hernan Crespo on FM01/02 along with a young striker called Ferrando Torres when i took A Madrid back to the top league and champions of Spain & Europe. I also had Cannavaro & Steven Gerrard in my side.

Simon Vukcevic,

I was newly promoted back to the premier league with Reading, and out of all the signings i made he was the best. He was the driving force of my team and is one of the best wingers i have ever see. Check him out, he plays for Sporting CP and after first season if he hasnt already left he is sometimes transfer listed for 2mil!!! (thats how i got him, BARGAIN!)

Roberto Trashoras & Hernan Crespo on FM01/02 along with a young striker called Ferrando Torres when i took A Madrid back to the top league and champions of Spain & Europe. I also had Cannavaro & Steven Gerrard in my side.

You should try it again with At. Madrid in FM10. That is more of a challenge; although you already have Aguero ofcourse :)

Arshavin (in FM08). I've never listened to scouts because at Celtic they told me I should sign him as a last resort. I got him for £7mil, played him behind Venegoor and he destroyed the league, either scoring or assisting virtually every goal for us. In the two years I had him (before I got bored because Celtic became too easy) he got about 40 goals per season, with about 30 assists.

You should try it again with At. Madrid in FM10. That is more of a challenge; although you already have Aguero ofcourse :)

I'm At Madrid in my game. It's easy when you have forlan and aguero up front. If you want another striker the you should be able to get Dzeko in one or two seasons.

Dzeko

buonanotte

Eden hazard

Sahko

Saivet

Maicon (absolute fantastic player - played brilliantly up to 37)

Carlos Vela

Arshavin (in FM08). I've never listened to scouts because at Celtic they told me I should sign him as a last resort. I got him for £7mil, played him behind Venegoor and he destroyed the league, either scoring or assisting virtually every goal for us. In the two years I had him (before I got bored because Celtic became too easy) he got about 40 goals per season, with about 30 assists.

you probably just had dodgey scouts ;)

Stefan Selakovic was an absolute legend back in the day, as was Mark Kerr. I remember signing Zlatan Ibrahimovic when he was just breaking into the Ajaz team, I remember getting a young Arjen Robben in that game as well (from Groningen I think).

Some other classsics:

Freddy Guarin

Lebohang Mokoena

Frederic Nimani

Julius Aghahowa

Bojan Djordjic

In cm98 - sean devine and Scott Fitzgerald, both strikers.

In current fm10 save, canella, young spainish left back, stats are average but his performances kept zambrotta out of the first team..also Simon Rolfes from werder Bremen - good def mid :).

Blew my entire £27 million budget (Newcastle 1st season back in Premier) on Dzeko and he pretty much single handedly got me to 9th in the table with 36 league goals and 47 in all competitions. Also on a previous game i bought Milevisky agin for Newcaslt ein the 1st season back in top flight. 10 seasons later he was an icon and held all scoring records for the club. He only cost 9m as well.

Just done season 1 with Preston North End

Ebi Smolarek - Signed on free, won golden boot

Ruben Suarez - Spanish AMC. Signed from Levante (I think) for £400k. He got me 19 goals from 31 starts at AMC

Brahim Hemdani - Ex rangers on a free. Can play either DMC or MC

Justice Wamfor - £85k. Stats look rubbish, but after 16 starts, his value went up to £1.9 million!!!

Alex Pearce - CB from Reading. £450k. My best player in squad. Now worth £2.5 million. Awesome in the air.

I have just signed Manuele Blasi on a free. Check him out!!! His mental stats are immense! He has 10 attributes of 16 or more. Think there's a 20 in there also!!! DM who looks hard as nails!

Archived