1 thing that needs to change in FM

Is the transfer system, i offered Arsenal £120M for Cesc Fabregas and they rejected it saying they wanted £230M, i have noticed it's the with all the big players like Fabregas, Sneijder, Messi, De Rossi, Arsenal evan wanted £45m for Walcott, does any-one else think it needs to change.

So, just how much would you expect Liverpool to ask for Gerrard or Torres if somebody was interested in buying them?

You'd want silly money wouldn't you due to their importance to Liverpool. It's no different in your scenario in FM. Did you try to to negotiate the team down?

I Eventually got him for £172M

Well thats fairly rubbish negotiating.

Personally I think the system is fine and people like yourself need to put more effort into signing these type of players.

With time & effort you could have easily got him for closer to £50m.

EDIT

In my current save I'm in 2015 with all leagues loaded. This is the breakdown of the top transfers and I haven't been involved in any of them:

£40m+ - 2

£30m-£40m - 2

£20m-£30m - 6

All the rest on the "leading list" are between £17.5m & £20m.

as long as fabregas is happy.

this is the key to it all. if you want the top players you have to work at it. if you want them straight away then they will cost you the world. but if you take your time about it and unsettle the player then you can get them for a reasonable amount.

for example, i spent nearly 2 years trying to get de rossi, i finally got him for 17.25m.

as far as i can see, the transfer system isn't as messed up as people think it is. i mean, how long did it take real madrid to get ronaldo from man utd? 2 years wasn't it? or somet like that. and they still had to pay 79m. use your heads people. work at the game. trust me its far more satisfying to see your hard work come through

as an Arsenal fan, I doubt we would reject a bid of 75 million pounds for Fabregas even from Liverpool, regardless of whether he was happy or not. if he were unhappy, it would be closer to like 30-40 million pounds. I don't think this is entirely realistic behavior.

So, just how much would you expect Liverpool to ask for Gerrard or Torres if somebody was interested in buying them?

Yes I do. If Man United sold Cirstiano Ronaldo (at the time was the best player of the world) for 90 million euros and they sold him without thinking twice, then you can get Fabregas, Torres or messi for 50 to 70 million euros.

If you want a hard game either ask SI to FIX the ME and other teams hire players that they need or ask for SI levels of difficulty.

Again on the point of C. Ronaldo, from my understanding, Man United felt that the player for 70 million was enough to sell their key player. Real madrid got higher on the next end of season transfer to buy him off. And it took them 1 year. Not 2.

I have to agree with wwfan, Ronaldo was sold because it was really good money for a player who wanted to leave even when he said he wanted to go to Madrid the season before man utd were not willing to sell him. That season he wasn't as lethal as the season before so selling him for that kind of money became a good deal and now that he's at the club he wants to play for he's back to his best.

Again on the point of C. Ronaldo, from my understanding, Man United felt that the player for 70 million was enough to sell their key player. Real madrid got higher on the next end of season transfer to buy him off. And it took them 1 year. Not 2.

erm, i think you will find that they spent most of 1 year trying to unsettle him and didn't get him(the year he scored somet like 40+ goals), then they tried again the next year and they succeeded

You are missing the key point. Ronaldo wanted to leave. Until he made his intentions clear to the club, they were not willing to sell him.

see, this guy can understand that point. real spent a long time saying they wanted him, and he made it clear that at some point he was going to go, so of course man utd would have finally accepted £79m. who wouldn't for a player that wanted to go???

if in the game everyone started working along the same lines as real madrid did to get ronaldo then they will find it a lot easier to buy top players a bit cheaper

As well as trying to unsettle players target any players in top teams who have slipped below what is normally expected of them. For example on my liverpool save arsenal ended regualrly finishing about 6th and so they were never in the CL so i scouted a bunch of their players and my scouts said i could sign fabregas for 51m, i didn't bother though because i didn't have room for him. But the point is i could have signed him for a lot less.

If Arsenal went out of the CL Cesc would leave immediatley.

In the demo the transfers are reasonable. Don't know how different it is to the real game, but City always buy maxi rodriguez for £27 mill. Since they bought Lescott for £24 million, you can understand why the game would see this as reasonable.

As for the value of a player and having to pay thrice the amount. Well i doubt managers actually put price tags on every player unless interest comes in. Rodwell is what 6-8 mill, but Real come in and enquire how much, put the price up 30mill. This happens IRL all the time, Bolton put a £20 mill tag on Cahill for instance. Arsenal asking for £230 is probably their way oif telling you to eff off.

"Arsenal asking for £230 is probably their way oif telling you to eff off"

Or they got an offer of 120 mil and decided to see how much they could milk this chum for. I generally got clubs negotiating around 200% of my initial offers. Perhaps if you didn't start out negotiations by saying "we'll sell our kidneys to get this player" then you could get him at a fairer price.

Yeah, think of it this way.

Your house is worth around £200k. You love it, it isn't for sale.

Some chump comes up and asks if it's for sale. You say no. A few days later he comes down and offers you £800k for it.

Now your first thought is to bite his hand off at that offer. However the wife is a bit more sensible, so turns to him and sweetly asks "How about one and a half million? Then it's yours!"

Ready to jump in and accept his original offer if he tries to walk away, the pair of you wait. "a million" he asks. "What about 1.4?" the wife chances. He looks visibly upset, slightly shaken, but before you can say "Nah a mil's fine", he blurts out "1.2 mil, take it or leave it!"

Of course Arsenal will milk you if you come in ready to spend whatever it takes.

Archived