Help with a career challenge!!

Guys,

I'm looking for some ideas to help me start a new career game when the new patch comes out. I would like to manage a team in Europe(not a team that is very well known or very popular)they are underacheivers, but have the potential to qualify for Europe in the first couple of years and also attract big name players in a couple of seasons!

Ideas would be very grateful(not keen on random selection or holidaying).

Thanks and look forward to the responses.

Guys,

I'm looking for some ideas to help me start a new career game when the new patch comes out. I would like to manage a team in Europe(not a team that is very well known or very popular)they are underacheivers, but have the potential to qualify for Europe in the first couple of years and also attract big name players in a couple of seasons!

Ideas would be very grateful(not keen on random selection or holidaying).

Thanks and look forward to the responses.

Unerachievers perhaps PSG, although they do not coincide with your 'little known' category.

Perhaps a Sampdoria/Napoli, Stuttgardt etc.. it really depends on what you mean by not very well known, because a team that is not very well known would struggle to attract big name players in 2 yrs.

Try someone in the Netherlands. As you can see from FC Twente, anyone can emerge and take the title. Try someone like sc Heerenveen or Vitesse Arnhem. I have had saves with both of these sides, and had real success with Vitesse. Won the Dutch Cup and UEFA Cup. Was a great save. Give it a go.

Thanks for the interesting ideas so far. By not well known, don't mean teams like villa, everton, valencia, but thanks for them. Maybe in upcoming countries and I could turn them into the next Chelsea, man city or barca!! Maybe a dream, but love a challenge. Look forward to more suggestions.

Thanks.

Thanks for the interesting ideas so far. By not well known, don't mean teams like villa, everton, valencia, but thanks for them. Maybe in upcoming countries and I could turn them into the next Chelsea, man city or barca!! Maybe a dream, but love a challenge. Look forward to more suggestions.

Thanks.

Do you mean a team along similar lines to Bordeaux 3 yrs ago? They were doing ok in the French 1st division, Blanc takes over and boom they are on course for back to back titles and a CL quarter final.

I think getting PSG back to the top would be interesting and they would attract decent players if you get them established..you'll never get big name players to the dutch league in my opinion, but you coulkd get talented youngsters there

Do you mean a team along similar lines to Bordeaux 3 yrs ago? They were doing ok in the French 1st division, Blanc takes over and boom they are on course for back to back titles and a CL quarter final.

I think getting PSG back to the top would be interesting and they would attract decent players if you get them established..you'll never get big name players to the dutch league in my opinion, but you coulkd get talented youngsters there

Yes something like the above, a team maybe similar to Shakthar in Ukraine, a team needing abit of tinkering, but then can be a force in the league and europe! Then hopefully attract the top players to be part of it.

Thanks for reply.

How about a Hoffenheim in the bundesliga, or Lazio in serie A, who are a sleeping giant type club. Alkmaar?

Another good idea, I like realism in my games, so must have proper names in national team etc. Another team to go into the pot.

Keep 'em coming.

Thanks

St-Ettienne, maybe although they are well-known. Athletic de Bilbao also.

St Etienne, nice! Thats very tempting as well. Going to keep post open till Patch comes out. Then will put names in hat and see who arrives out of it.

More please Guys.

Ta.

maybe try The russian league. Full of quality players and they obviously pay good wages for the right player there. There's a ton to choose from, Zenit, Ruben Kazan and about 6 teams in Moscow alone!

Yeah good shout, like idea of an english manager making a stir in the russian league. Would like a lesser team than Zenit etc. But worth a look.

Thanks

I'm currently enjoying a save with Granada CF in the Spanish Segunda B4. This is the third tier of Spanish football BTW, but they're a club with good potential, who I have a save with each release.

This year, as in real life, they now have Italians Udinese as their parent club. Handy for some good loan players to get you going.

The beauty in a Spanish save, is that there's no real limit on loan players, which is a big help to smaller clubs. Especially when you get deals where you don't pay their wages.

It's still a good challenge. Possibly a peg or two down from the type of club you might have been considering, but all the sweeter when you can get them into la Liga and then into European competition. The biggest challenge though, is breaking the Barça/Real monopoly. :)

I'm currently enjoying a save with Granada CF in the Spanish Segunda B4. This is the third tier of Spanish football BTW, but they're a club with good potential, who I have a save with each release.

This year, as in real life, they now have Italians Udinese as their parent club. Handy for some good loan players to get you going.

The beauty in a Spanish save, is that there's no real limit on loan players, which is a big help to smaller clubs. Especially when you get deals where you don't pay their wages.

It's still a good challenge. Possibly a peg or two down from the type of club you might have been considering, but all the sweeter when you can get them into la Liga and then into European competition. The biggest challenge though, is breaking the Barça/Real monopoly. :)

I started a game with S.D Eibar in the Spanish Segunda B1, when the 10.2.0 patch was released. Loved that challenge and will have another go at it im sure. They have become a part of me now and I actually hope they do well in real life, lol.

Thanks for the response, any other ideas for teams?

think you should go celtic try and win the champions league and they will have a great squad when the new patch comes out keane kamara braafheid mcgeady brown etc.

Yeah possibly, am thinking maybe abit easier than what im looking for. Thanks all the same though.

Another alternative then...

Forget Europe and sample the pleasures of another continent. :)

Try a team from Asia, Oceania, South, North or Central America. They all have their equivalents to the European Champions League, so the aim could be to reach the World Club Championship and beating one of the more dominant European sides.

Another alternative then...

Forget Europe and sample the pleasures of another continent. :)

Try a team from Asia, Oceania, South, North or Central America. They all have their equivalents to the European Champions League, so the aim could be to reach the World Club Championship and beating one of the more dominant European sides.

That has crossed my mind also, but wouldnt know where to start or look or who would fall into what Im looking for. Plus have never managed in the Champs League!! But am always open to other challenges like mentioned.

Thanks

So you want...

Small club with abit of money

A club nobody knows

Not in europe

What about Nottingham F*rest? :D :D :D

HaHa, yeah would like the above, not too bothered about money side, just want to be at a club where i could become a legend and turn them into the best team in the world!

Forest...hmmm maybe, but would prefer a non-popular team and not in England really e.g Nantes, team in 2nd spanish league, Russian league etc.

Keep the suggestions coming in guys.

Thanks

Like Leeds idea alot, and also Alcorcon too!

Would like a few more opinions please! Still waiting for the gut feeling that's making me think, yup that's the team i'm going to channel all my efforts into.

Thanks for posts so far, keep 'em rolling in.

I would look through Germany aswell

This is what I will do. Bundesliga rocks with full stadiums and fair distribution of media income. You can pick any team. FC Köln comes to mind.

La Liga is no better than the Scottish League anymore. Serie A is not even a league.

Try out Boavista F.C. in Portuguese 3rd tier. Napoli seems a good bet in Italy, Wolfsburg and Hoffenheim in Germany. For purely European trophy challenges there are decent clubs in Ukraine and Greece.

Yeah have been looking into Portuguese leagues, will add them to the hat. Find it tough being a German team, just a personnel preference that never takes my fancy! Napoli is another good shout.

Thanks

Seriously, why wouldn't you like to play in South America for example?

Brazilian Serie A is very interesting if you don't play for Sao Paulo or Palmeiras :)

Racing of Argentina is a decent choice also.

But if you are pure European player, maybe you should look into French league (RC Lens, AS Monaco, Nice, Rennes, Toulose).

If you'd like to play in Russia, try returning Spartak Moscow to the past glory or try Dinamo Moscow as they have a decent squad. Krylja Sovetov have a nice potential too :)

Actually it's interesting in my opinion to start a career in Brazil/Argentina and then move to Europe.

Seriously, why wouldn't you like to play in South America for example?

Brazilian Serie A is very interesting if you don't play for Sao Paulo or Palmeiras :)

Racing of Argentina is a decent choice also.

But if you are pure European player, maybe you should look into French league (RC Lens, AS Monaco, Nice, Rennes, Toulose).

If you'd like to play in Russia, try returning Spartak Moscow to the past glory or try Dinamo Moscow as they have a decent squad. Krylja Sovetov have a nice potential too :)

Actually it's interesting in my opinion to start a career in Brazil/Argentina and then move to Europe.

Thanks for reply, I'm weighing up all ideas posted, just waiting for that one team that really takes my fancy.....But all ideas are being carefully thought about.

Like teams with couple of promising players, board want europe in a season or two, but with the future potential to be best team in world with world class players able to be attracted.

Cheers

If you want an american team and dont mind the rules of the mls try out seatle marines or new england be a challenge to win the champions league and world club championships but could qualify quite easily

Will have a look at the MLS rules, anyone shed any light on them for me? Also what competitions can I win in MLS and what comps can I go into to attract big name players?

Like teams with couple of promising players, board want europe in a season or two, but with the future potential to be best team in world with world class players able to be attracted.

Cheers

Napoli sums this up pretty well. The 60k seater stadium and backed by the mafia! They have some decent players too, especially hamsik, and have a great history which needs to be restored. They've been through it all the last 20 yrs, bankrupcy, relegation to serie c and now have a decent chance of 4th.

Napoli sums this up pretty well. The 60k seater stadium and backed by the mafia! They have some decent players too, especially hamsik, and have a great history which needs to be restored. They've been through it all the last 20 yrs, bankrupcy, relegation to serie c and now have a decent chance of 4th.

Yeah been swaying to Serie A and possibly Napoli, just worried about under-acheiving and having the mafia knock on the door. LOL.

Ideal scenario would be a team that.....Needs abit of restoring, wants to be either put back on the football map or put on it for a sign of a real statement to takeover the world!!.

Thanks again for the post

1860 Munich german second division, ground share with Bayern, a squad capable of promotion in first season. I am now in my 6th season with them and got promoted in my second season and have finished in the top 3 last 3 seasons along with bayern and Leverkusen. And also managed to sign Ronaldinho on a free transfer in my 3rd season he is now my Assistant manager.

Just waiting for the new patch to be released then going to start a save with Ado den Haag or Vitesse.

1860 Munich german second division, ground share with Bayern, a squad capable of promotion in first season. I am now in my 6th season with them and got promoted in my second season and have finished in the top 3 last 3 seasons along with bayern and Leverkusen. And also managed to sign Ronaldinho on a free transfer in my 3rd season he is now my Assistant manager.

Just waiting for the new patch to be released then going to start a save with Ado den Haag or Vitesse.

Brilliant post, just what I've been waiting for, proof that it can be done and what I want to acheive can be done! Been looking at ado den haag myself when new patch is out, lol.

Anyone else with career like above and potential teams for me to be, that havnt been mentioned above. Any response welcomed.

Thanks

Cheers

Maybe try Torino? It's currently in Serie B, but with its squad you'd go up to A in the first season. And it has some great history, in the 40s the team won several times the scudetto, sadly the streak was ended by an airplane crash with the players on board :(

Maybe try Torino? It's currently in Serie B, but with its squad you'd go up to A in the first season. And it has some great history, in the 40s the team won several times the scudetto, sadly the streak was ended by an airplane crash with the players on board :(

Thank you for this, Torino are edging towards the team I'm going to be.

Still keen on more ideas though, as I'm sure it will be a few days till patch is out.

Archived