new january patches, my pet peev

I was just wondering if anyone else finds it anoying how you wait for the january patch (mainly due to wanting a bug free game) and you don't have the option to 'suspend' or stop the january transfers? Foreinstance last season chelsea sold bridge in january but when u start a new game with update patch he starts at city. I find this annoying from both angles. Would be nice if they could offer different patch's, 1 for bug and data, 1 for just bug and maybe 1 for bug and data but with the transfers 'already joining in...'. (last one is maybe not so important. Afterall, we all want to manage a club as it was at the start of a season? (unless your team signs a big name in jan, then im sure u wont mind ;), but it can work the other way).

So start the season as your team STARTS the season option?

You and a lot of other people. It's been explained a few times, but essentially, there are too many choices that will annoy too many people. EG, if you take over Tottenham in July and Robbie Keane bags you 25 goals, then swans off to Celtic on loan without you being able to do anything about it. Or what if you took over a club about to blow its load on a donkey and you can't stop him from coming to your club?

My favoured option would be to be able to start the game immediately after the window closes, the current table as the starting point.

You and a lot of other people. It's been explained a few times, but essentially, there are too many choices that will annoy too many people. EG, if you take over Tottenham in July and Robbie Keane bags you 25 goals, then swans off to Celtic on loan without you being able to do anything about it. Or what if you took over a club about to blow its load on a donkey and you can't stop him from coming to your club?

My favoured option would be to be able to start the game immediately after the window closes, the current table as the starting point.

They wouldn't be able to do the up to date tables for any leagues they don't have the license for.

That would be an interesting idea, but then again it is a fantasy game and i think you should be able to start the season how you want. Perhaps a bit unfair if a gamer could've gotten west ham to the europa league but finds it almost impossible because the game kicks off in jan

Ideally i'd prefer for there to be no signings on either yours or the AI's part before the season starts, save the odd youth prospect or perhaps just a very limited budget all round, and then for there to be an option of editing in all the jan transfers when you come to it.

I don't find it particularly fair for man utd to have 60mill to spend, and for most other teams under £5mill. I realise the income from ronaldo's sale is there, but it is unrealistic for ferg to spend it, if he is even allowed. Same as chelsea. Do they really need cassano, laquinta etc? also Getting the jan transfers in the summer makes it an uneven playing field imo.

I think transfers should even be suspended for the summer, so that you only have who your club has bought IRL, then take off in jan, because you have to allow creativity. But perhaps haggling with clubs in jan is a little harder.

Just start your games in January or February ;)

but that doesn't solve my problem. id still have the players which are added in the patch moved to there new club??.

basically for example, if i was managing chelsea last term i would'nt have sold bridge in jan. and isnt that the point of the game, ME being the manager?

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but..

Transfer changes only take affect after you start a new save.

Bug fixes does not requier a new save to take affect.

You don't have to start with the new db update, just choose the original db when you set up your game.

exactly, you select which database to use at the start of the game, simply use the original, 10.2 or whatever. quite easy really

will that still include the bug fixes on the latest patch though?

got there before me viiralx

so can i start a new game with the 3rd patch but excludes the transfers?

The database and the game version are two different things. So, if your game version is 10.3 but you use the 10.0 database, you'll still get the bug fixes because the game version is up to date :thup:

How does that work? Do they not have the license to reproduce any league table? Would support that statement if they did at least do those they are licensed to do.

I'm not sure exactly but if they wanted to recreate the PL league table is it is now, they would need a license which they don't have. It may have something to do with fixtures though, I'm not 100% sure.

I'm not sure exactly but if they wanted to recreate the PL league table is it is now, they would need a license which they don't have. It may have something to do with fixtures though, I'm not 100% sure.

Also even if they could would they seriously be expected to update every league in the world? because you can bet your bottom dollar someone would complain they were playing in the Brazilian State League and have been discriminated against because it wasn't included.

Archived