Barcelona

Just a quick question for people that have managed Barcelona on fm10....

My 2nd choice keeper (pinto) is 33year old so is obviously too old for the u19s but the age limit to play for Barcelona athletic (the reserve side) is 27. So apart from me playing him in cup games against lesser teams, how's he supposed to get match practice? It's not like in England where your 2nd choice keeper usually plays for the reserves....

Also, there's a 17yr old in the Barcelona athletic squad who I've had on the bench for the first team a couple of times, just offered him a new contract which he rejected, and on the news item it said '....is not one of the clubs top earners but may still find his position under threat should the clubs financial crisis worsen'. What crisis? I'm 'rich' with 70odd million in the bank, no debts and making profit monthly. Is this a bug or is it referring to Barcelona athletic? Do they have their own finances that you can't see?

Ok, lets deal with these separately.

All you can do with Pinto is sell him or loan him out. The reason he was signed was to replace Valdes as his contract was running out but as he renewed the contract Pinto was left as number 2. Also the main Barcelona number 2, Jorquera suffered a long-term injury o the signing was necessary. Pinto comes with lots of experience both nationally and continental, having played Champions League. However if you dont want hm, either sell him, loan him or keep him on the bench. Nothing else you can do as the B team is expected to field young fringe players or young prospects.

Regarding the debt message, it could be a bug but Barcelona have a couple of long-term loans and these could prove the sticking point that the player is referring to, so keep an eye on that and you should be ok. Saying that players from Barcelona would never question the financial aspects when signing for the club as to them its more than a club.

Archived