Which club should i manage in the epl???

Hi guys...just having a really hard time chosing a club to manage...i plan on staying at that club for the long haul hopefully if the boards happy with me...pls don even refer to Liverpool...they have a shabby team...and it would take me ages to get them in order...and with a paltry transfer budget..and with thier finances...i'd never want that job...so guys please go ahead...and lemme know what teams ull think i should manage...and a sentence giving ur reason..thanks again...

Depends what you're looking for in a club, how good you want the team to be? What season expectations can you handle as manager? What sort of chairman? How much starting cash? All these points and more depend on which teams I choose often, though the vast majority of the time I go with the team I support, Manchester City.

I can recommend them as a solid team with loads of money, but the downside to them is the chairman expects results, so if you don't want as much pressure in your game, you may be better picking a team lower down the table.

I have fun with relegation battlers too as there's a different kind of pressue, (survival) and it's often great to see if you can end higher than expected. :)

LOl ..MorrisseyMuse...naa...i probably wouldnt go for City...they dont really have the history...just the money...and its tooo easy...im actually looking for a club with a good history...good youth facilities...as well as decent players...i would have gone with liverpool...but they are in the pits...they have a crapy team...with some crapy buys because of benetez...and some crapy youngsters...and even the transfer budgets like 2 million pounds...and even after u sell ur players only rouhgly like 40 -50 % goes into ur transfer kitty...so i was thinking maybe chelsea...or manu...but Man U is the pinnacle of every manager...and they are a club i would maybe like to transfer to hopefully after succeeding at my first club ...so there u go...

We have over a century of history! :p:D granted we haven't won much recently but still. :D

If you want other teams with history that are in that 'top bracket' then I'd think of Arsenal or Liverpool, if you don't want United.

Liverpool aren't as attractive a proposition at the moment, but it'd be interesting to manage them out of the current situation and make them a championship-winning team again, you can look at it that way. Their main issue is of course the money, you'd probably have to sell to buy and may resort more on tactics and management than signings at least at first.

Arsenal are the other 'top 4' option, I like managing them in FM as they have a good youth setup, they're not City in finances but they're not in liquidation either, so you may be able to buy in some players. Another team with potential to win the league.

yeah nice ...im actually thinking of starting an Everton save too...Id love to play in a new stadium...cause i think they reallly need one...the current one is in a disastrus shape...could somone think of decent players i can sign at everton...not tooo expensive though..

and was thinking about creating one with pool...i did look at it the way u just said...get them out of the rut...but the image of benetez comes to my mind...and i feel like strangling that bloke...do pool get a sugar daddy later on in the game??? thanks

yeah...was thinking about chelsea...referred to them in my earlier post...was thinking of adopting the Wenger -Barca approach..this is my first year with FM so a bit new to all this...though it really is interesting...so was thinking of getting rid of all the dead wood in the chelsea team and signning on young players especially english...

yeah...was thinking about chelsea...referred to them in my earlier post...was thinking of adopting the Wenger -Barca approach..this is my first year with FM so a bit new to all this...though it really is interesting...so was thinking of getting rid of all the dead wood in the chelsea team and signning on young players especially english...

Wenger and Barcelona have different approaches. The only similarity is that both bring players through their ranks.

Barcelona have a great youth setup, but still spend on big name signings.

Wenger has a decent youth setup and spends on talented youngsters.

I'd recommend Villa, as an alternative to Everton. A good set up and already pushing for a Champions League place along with Spurs, Man City and Everton.

One player I would suggest for either Everton or Villa would be James Tomkins from West Ham.

In my current save I was at Villa for 3 years before moving to Arsenal, and he was one of only 3 players I took with me.

Archived