Reducing a clubs debt???? PLease Help...

Hi there guys...thanks for dropping in...so I'm planning on managing Chelsea..(i know they lost 4-2 to city...am sooo disappointed)...and was thinking of adopting a different strategy..like nuturing talent and getting ride of the over paid players and older players...im kinda trying to adopt the wenger-barca policy...and would also like to reduce the clubs debt...$406 million...i've seen in other threads where people have said that they have paid of their debts...but no one really mentioned the way they went about doing it...so would really appreciate if someone can tell me how do I go about doing it ...thanks a lot...

P.S is Gourcoff (dont know how to spell his name...the lad from Girdons Bordeaux) any good in the game??? Thanks again to everyone.

so when you mean getting the bank balance up...what exactly do u mean??? like selling players...???

To my knowledge, there is nothing that you as a manager can do to reduce the debt apart from making money and getting the bank balance up.

i often make huge profits each transfer window on player sales. i sell the slightly ageing players, or those with strong younger players coming through, and sign cheap, young replacements. I normally make a 50m euro profit per window

thanks guys for answering my question..however does it affect ur game...or ur career if u dont bring down the debt...like u run break-even every season...like spending all your allotted transfer amount...cause i'm actually having a hard time selecting a team to manage....cause I dont like clubs running on debt...but all the Big-4 clubs are running on debt...i dont even wanna talk about Liverpool...

- You can sign players on free transfers, loan them out and then sell them a year later, as normally getting playing time by being loaned out will keep their value up.

- Scheduling friendlies against larger teams in the pre-season will help the coffers out.

- A good cup run will help the bank balance.

- Make sure you keep a tight grip on the wage budget, this includes any bonus offered to a player for appearances or goals.

Yeah, all good advice there. It's just generally about keeping expenditure to a minimum, usually by selling the high wage players and/or players that aren't needed/aging and limiting your spending.

Friendlies are a good suggestion for income, as they can give you a few thousand a time if you're playing against big opposition. General prize money and ticket sales are probably the biggest income, they usually go hand-in-hand with each other; success and club reputation can breed more stadium capacity and therefore more money. :)

As for Yoann Gourcuff, I bought him in FM10 for City once but that game didn't last beyond a couple of matches so I couldn't properly judge him, he played well in the few matches I diud see him in though. He certainly looks like a very good playmaker and one that I'd potentially buy again, think he cost me about £18million though. Joao Moutinho and Marek Hamsik are two midfielders I've been looking at in FM10 recently.

give long contracts to the young players you want to keep. when a player reaches 30ish id way through the season offer him a new contract as he is more likely to take a big paycut, esspecially in last year. cutting debt takes time so be patient. sometimes (like when you can't sell a player) it actually makes sense to offer MORE wages if it means offering a shorter contract. (so long as the extra wages don't overtake the years you've cut off he's contract. Best way to work out what a player will earn over a year is to go by roughly saying 20k a week = £1m a year.

yea i have this problem as well i am man u and really saving them money on transfers by not spending over 20 mill on any player and dont really buy many players got a good team together the bank balance has gone up but the debt is geting higher i think

wow if your debt gettin higher from about 700M then the might end up like pompey:o

I wouldn't even go with a Barca policy (look at Messi's wages). Nor an Arsenal (refuse to sell players or sell and not buy a replacement).

Arsenal is easy to manage. I sell most of the squad and replace with it younger cheaper, and actually quality players. After two or three seasons with Arsenal I just all I have is Fab and Sagna from Wenger's old squad (literally). Arsenal doesn't have high wage demands and massive match day revenue.

Man U just offloading or wait for the contracts of old players to expire. I try to offload Berba asap because he is old and expensive. I would sell Nani and Anderson too because their transfer fees were high and not the same quality they were in previous games. They have a large stadium so you can get tons of cash.

Chelsea is tougher although in 10.2 Chelsea has no debt because Abramovich converted it into stock so there is no debt. But Chelsea you have to wait because a lot of the higher wage players are old and harder to offload or don't want to go. But Chelsea is does have a sugar daddy so if you do run into the red the first season or two, you will be covered.

Liverpool is only harder than Arsenal because they have a smaller stadium. Otherwise its easy as Gerrard is the only high wage player you cannot offload. And Carragher is the only old one you can't let go. Plus you have Torres which can go for almost $100m with that alone you can get a new squad. I tend to offload most of the players except Gerrard and Carragher (cause they won't go) and Reina I keep until Adler is available on free. Otherwise Liverpool can easily be run as a regular club even though they have debt. (Unlike in RL were the club is milked).

I have yet to find debt that is unmanageable. I've been playing as At. Madrid they have no debt at the start and have a new stadium completed in 2012. By 2021 I have $600million in the bank with debt. Won the CL twice (been to the final 5 times) and I keep winning the league year in and year out. Needless to say, I have more than enough money. And my wage budget I keep under $100m (mostly around $90-95m). So if I had debt it could of easily been paid. Same goes with the others, problem is in RL the clubs are milked in addition to the debt.

I've managed Liverpool before and paid the debt by 2016 and got a new stadium before that (60k named after me). I had bought $500m worth of players by 2016 and sold over $2bn. And that was with Gerrard's high high wage demands on the books. Won the CL a few times and EPL tons.

Again its not hard to make tons of cash, just as long as the board doesn't milk your club.

Milan is worth a whack at as they have wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to many old players with HIGH HIGH wage demands and the squad needs to be revamped. But the stadium is huge. Bayern huge wage demands but nice stadium and you are the main power house in Germany so the red is quickly filled at the end of the season.

Juve would be the hardest but Buffon to Man City for $100m makes it easy. They have about $200m in debt, tiny tiny stadium though they get a new one, its still very tiny. Old players with huge wage demands. But again selling Buffon plus all the good youth they have (some loaned to Genoa). It makes it easy as well (just a pain to have these useless old players on huge wages).

I've managed Pompey all with free transfers (don't care for loans). Got Gourcuff, Dzeko and Adler. I would sign players and then sell them, won most of the cups. Expanded the stadium, and then finally won the EPL. Fulham has a tiny stadium and huge debt but by my second season I had a huge transfer budget.

I haven't found a debt I can't manage yet. In game its easy but in RL its tough cause the more money you make the more these stupid owners milk the club.

yes Blacksquare....what I meant with the Barca-Wender policy is to still buy good players who are worthy of thier price even though they may cost in the high $30 millions...but continue to nuture young talented individuals at the club and scout the globe for unheard of talented regens...

regarding chelsea in patch 10.2...i was checking it out the other day and it shows it with $409 million in debt??? is this a bug..cause i bought the game via steam and its suppose to automatically update the game...so im not sure ?

regarding chelsea in patch 10.2...i was checking it out the other day and it shows it with $409 million in debt??? is this a bug..cause i bought the game via steam and its suppose to automatically update the game...so im not sure ?

I've stopped using the 10.2 patch because of the broken transfer market but I thought they had it fixed Chel's debt in that version.

Archived