U14 teams anyone?

http://www.tribalfootball.com/barcelona-real-madrid-battle-12yo-south-korean-park-sheng-ho-534751

Reading this makes me think that maybe for F11/12 we could have this incredible option :D for teams with state of the art youth academies or close to have U14 teams. I know I will sacrifice the useless Atletiko Madrid "B" and "C" squads for an U14 team.

Sure it will require a lot more research and players to be put in, but in the long run will provide a more realistic game as the years pass by. Regens will pop-up mostly in these teams and you will be able to develop them as you like.

Add interaction with parents, add Wenger's attempts to steal them :D and you will have a hell of a great time :D

How can an U-14 team replace a B and C team that legally exist? This post makes no sense. Obviously you have issues regarding Wenger and likely Arsenal but you post does not reflect the Fm world or real life.

Many teams scout for young players, you can do this in FM also but you cant sign them until they are 16 or 17. That would also be the case in this example. As for B and C teams, they usually have young players plus Real Madrid and Barcelona who the article refers to have a youth academy and this player would likely enter said academy and work his way into the C team if he was signed.

Either way, this is a useless post.

I see your complete ignorance or lack of desire to understand anything I wrote. First the Wenger thing was a joke nothing more. Then the B and C teams have no real use ? In my experience at least. Ok R.Madrid and their Castilla team are a different animal but in my game Atletiko's B and C teams are completely useless.

But nevermind, replacing them is not the point, the point is for clubs with state of art youth academy to have U14 teams? There are tournamets and such for minors as well - or you don't consider this part of the game.

I see your complete ignorance or lack of desire to understand anything I wrote. First the Wenger thing was a joke nothing more. Then the B and C teams have no real use ? In my experience at least. Ok R.Madrid and their Castilla team are a different animal but in my game Atletiko's B and C teams are completely useless.

But nevermind, replacing them is not the point, the point is for clubs with state of art youth academy to have U14 teams? There are tournamets and such for minors as well - or you don't consider this part of the game.

i only see one ignorant person and that is the one who has no idea about Atletico's B or C team. Firstly Atletico got rid of their youth team some years ago due to them believing it had no purpose. Among those formed at the Atletico Madrid youth team was a certain Raul who now plays for Real Madrid. Secondly in Spain there are no such tournaments in league form for under 14s, they only ever have winter and summer tournaments, such as Brunete or Jerez. So get your facts right before you go calling others what you clearly seem to be.

Anyone under 16 isn't included without good reason.

I.E. a researcher lying about the player's age :p

It may or may not be a good idea. If you allowed teams to have squads of players right down to age 12, then you've massively increased the database size.

i only see one ignorant person and that is the one who has no idea about Atletico's B or C team. Firstly Atletico got rid of their youth team some years ago due to them believing it had no purpose. Among those formed at the Atletico Madrid youth team was a certain Raul who now plays for Real Madrid. Secondly in Spain there are no such tournaments in league form for under 14s, they only ever have winter and summer tournaments, such as Brunete or Jerez. So get your facts right before you go calling others what you clearly seem to be.

Check your original post and check your attitude then you might start understanding why people would enjoy calling you names. And they made 1 Atletico hopeful into a R.Madrid legend - well done. End of discussion on that.

Maybe Atletico was a bad example I admit, but I was talking about in-game not real life and in game these two are pretty useless (C and B)

Having U14 teams for teams with great academies and such would be something useful though. They can play international tournaments and friendlies and such. Hell I've never researched anything but I'm sure the network and organization for these is pretty well done.

It's not like it's not happening in real life and has no importance - after all many talents come from there.

How did Torres come through then?

Atleti do have a youth team.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.clubatleticodemadrid.com%2Fen%2Fcantera%2Fyouth_teams.asp

You're welcome.

Check your original post and check your attitude then you might start understanding why people would enjoy calling you names. And they made 1 Atletico hopeful into a R.Madrid legend - well done. End of discussion on that.

Maybe Atletico was a bad example I admit, but I was talking about in-game not real life and in game these two are pretty useless (C and B)

Having U14 teams for teams with great academies and such would be something useful though. They can play international tournaments and friendlies and such. Hell I've never researched anything but I'm sure the network and organization for these is pretty well done.

It's not like it's not happening in real life and has no importance - after all many talents come from there.

No-one calls me names, only you seem to be doing that. Now you wish to have a discussion on realism or gaming? Well most ppl like FM to mirror realism and in realism there are no Under 14 tournaments set as a B or C team format within Spain. They have cadete, juvenil and Alevin setups but they are based entirely differently due to having to comply with rules on dealing with children. To instill this in FM is almost impossible as they havent got enough researchers and most ppl wouldnt be interested. Its not like you can build an under 14 team and take them to the top and this is not called Youth Football Manager.

Instead of insulting me try and understand that Im offering you advice. Atletico Madrid was a bad example but dont use Real Madrid or Barcelona as examples either as they usually scout their young players and take them to their B or C teams when they see ready. I have seen a few head that way over the years, personally and from others. When they get spit out from the system its not a nice sight, few play again and those that do end up virtually finished.

Archived