Coaches and training - is there definitive proof?

I've seen various posts on here over the years talking about coaches and how they relate to training.

I've heard the following on here and wanted true/false clarification:

1. The number of 'stars' you have for a coach doesn't mean how good a coach they are as this measures the number of players that the particular coach can train only (i.e. workload).

2. Each coach has the same 'training ability' i.e. a coach with great stats trains your players to the same benifit as one of your old players that you promoted to coach and who has terrible stats.

3. Working with youngsters doesn't seem to do anything i.e. youth coaches with a 1 for WWY will train U-19s just as well as a coach with 20 WWY.

4. Having coaches with 'coach' job title that train both youth and 1st team do the job to the same level as two coaches one with '1st team coach' and the other as a 'youth coach'.

5. Coach reputation doesn't do anything i.e. 'world class' coach is just as good as an 'unknown' coach.

Can you please confirm if these assertions are true or false?

I'm looking to get my training etc all setup before the patch comes out and these were the burning questions i had.

Coach reputation is definitely useless.

Of the others, I seem to remember an experiment thread that deduced workload is the important thing and stars just indicate how much workload they can take. I don't know about the rest.

Archived