Interaction

I have just had an interesting situation which made me think of an interaction that isn't in the game.

I am in 2024 (holidayed until about 2022) and I employed Stephen Gerard as a youth coach at my Arsenal team. Now apart from the suprise that he hadn't naturally been offered a staff role at Liverpool when he retired he has just, in my second season as manager been offered and accepted the vacant Liverpool managers job.

Three things struck me:

> During the "speculation" I cant comment - I would have liked to have been able to say that I wouldn't stand in his way (and hopefully have that increase his respect/like for me as a manager/person) or if I did want to stand in his way the option to say publically you'd like him to stay.

> The press speculation stated that his boss was the chairman - surely the chairman is his ultimate boss but I am his immediate boss?

> When he took the role it would have been nice to be able to wish him well (I think this should be when old players you got on well with / had playing for you for a long time (maybe over 7/8 years) too). I am sure Sir Alex would have commented on the likes of Hughes, Bruce, Keane, Robbins etc when they took on a manager's role.

The other thing I thought was that in some cases i.e. where they take a smaller club over (my scenario of Liverpool / Arsenal is a tad unrealistic) that they come back and try and get loan players from you based on the good relationship you have?

Don't know what other's think?

First of all I ranted all around about the media and the lack of interactivity and game awareness so you are definitely not alone :D

Second - this is a bug. I had Ibrahimovic as coach and they offered him a Manager position. So the game acts as if this situation is a move between two clubs' managers. Not a coach-manager but a manager-manager transaction. The same happens if you declare interest in another job the media goes:

"chairman hopes he will stay", "x linked with y job" etc etc..

Archived