I have just reached the 3rd round of the FA Cup with AFC Kempston. We have had a home tie againist Northampton who were top of league two beat them 1-0. An away tie at Chester won 1-0 and now in the 3rd round we have Bolton at home.

Surely getting this far would up our reputation. It is obscure at the moment and hasn't changed since UC1. What do I have to do to acheive another reputation level and will this run up it to another level?

I have just reached the 3rd round of the FA Cup with AFC Kempston. We have had a home tie againist Northampton who were top of league two beat them 1-0. An away tie at Chester won 1-0 and now in the 3rd round we have Bolton at home.

Surely getting this far would up our reputation. It is obscure at the moment and hasn't changed since UC1. What do I have to do to acheive another reputation level and will this run up it to another level?

It will increase your rep and the clubs, but one cup run doesn't a well known team make. Ask yourself who played in last years 3rd round fa cup from the non league!

It will increase your rep and the clubs, but one cup run doesn't a well known team make. Ask yourself who played in last years 3rd round fa cup from the non league!

Yeah but some folk would remember it, therefore a reputation increase. I'd never heard of Histon until the other year when they beat Leeds and made Round 3. Now I know of them, they're a Blue Square Premier League club that play in red and black and come from a village. That's surely a reputation increase?

I don't take much notice at all of the BSP/BSN/BSS but I am aware of the teams who are top of the leagues too - surely the better performance of a team has to lead to reputation increase. I know that it does but I think there needs to be a quicker way of it happening: not just at the end of the season or halfway through like it seems is happening now.

How many times do we hear the phrase 'That'll make everybody in the league take notice' or similar. That should be reflected more in the game.

Daft as it sounds, there are other things that should be affecting rep too. Administration could be argued to raise a team's profile; you could also argue it should have more of a negative affect as well.

It really depends on the threshold for the change in rep. from obscure to local. I did wasn't saying that you wouldn't increase in rep. just it would be small.

If one cup run changed you from obscure to local then how long would it take to get back to obscure. Also the rep of a club has more to do with the draw for players than who's actually remembered their name.

Archived