Too much standing around ?

Have many others noticed a bit too much standing around during matches ?

My midfielders are set to close down over the entire pitch. My defenders to close down in own half. and my formation is 3, 4, 3, rigid.

However during the key match highlights, I notice that far too many times, my players are doing too much standing around, watching and waiting, instead of going for he ball.

Is this just the way the ME works ? Or is it my rigid tacs ?

Partly its the ME but you also have to take other factors onboard. How tired are the players? Are there any signs of fatigue or lack of communication? All this does influence and also key highlights do not define the entire match. I have seen errors but then again I risked a couple of games on full mode which is how I figured that one out! :)

I personally still do not think pressing is anticipatory/proactive enough and players stick too rigidly to where the formation tells them to be. As an example it's virtually impossible to get full backs to close down the way modern full backs do for some of the bigger sides (staying high up the pitch after an attack/loss of possession to press/deny a short option for the man in possession, being willing to break away from the defensive line to cover a winger who is sitting deeper when he is an obvious passing option). Bit of a bitch to balance and make look right though, I would imagine which might be why 'key' highlights might be skewing your perception. Key means you are largely seeing when things go wrong for the defending side. You might not like the representation of this but it doesn't mean it is the norm.

So yeah, if that's what you mean I agree. It could of course be a 'bug' in which case upload some pkms in the Bugs forum as the more examples the merrier. Worth giving a football analysis critique of why you think it is wrong and what you think should be happening, rather than a general description.

I'd be surprised if someone doesn't say it is because of choosing 'rigid' but as far as I know closing down/marking decisions have little to do with other sliders 'directly'. A few example pkms/screenshots of what you mean wouldn't go amiss if you are indeed looking for potential tactical advice.

I think you just have to put it down to poor match engine representation. Often you'll see players closest to the ball stand still while those further away chase it, or players just blatantly run in the wrong direction.

Totally agree the commentary and the graphics don't match all of the time . I don't evan think the commentary closely matches the ME most of the time. I often have a line stating a striker breaks forward with the ball only for the key highlights to kick in with the opposition just about to cross the ball from the byline.

Archived