Football its a game of two halves

Patch 10.3 is imminent but it will only fix bugs and won't contain any major changes. So I thought this forum could lend a hand on the media side for the next version.

Don't know about you but I'm sick of being asked will a win the Fa cup after a good 1st round win ( I always answer yes then get a media message like this "kevin most be upset at losing the 2nd round fa cup tie as many people thought farsley were capable of winning it"

My idea is to post questions with answers and give some idea of the effect and where and to who the question should be made.

e.g.

Farsley (start in conference north) in the 1st round of the fa cup

Q can you win this competition

1 Yes of course (but said in a sarcastic way) - sets or personality to sarcastic

2 I think that's its a long shot at the very least - realist (does not upset your players who are ambitious)

3 football its a funny old game sets preferred moves to "likes to answers with cliche"

I think some questions should be amusing and a bit random as they are in real life

I do wish they would hire someone with a bit more imagination/flair to write their media questions and vary them a little. It seems to me to be an area in which one low-paid (or even volunteer) person could make a huge improvement to a system that is tired, predictable and right now just more trouble than it's worth.

I've done quite a bit of programming and once the basic frame work is in place it would be extremely easy to add extra/ unlimited questions and answers. I don't see why an editor could not be in place for the next release. Then someone down in editors hideaway with more time on there hands than me could write a full set for all circumstances

I suspect that the questions are the easy part. The consequences are the tricky part.

For example, player reactions to each answer are presumably dependent on a host of factors: their morale, the personality type, their form, the quality of the opposition, and many many more.

The code for effecting players fans etc. already exists. All you really need to do is decide what effect you require.

you say you are going to win the cup. That would have high ambition attributes and high confidence in your team.

the code that already runs in the game would then work out how it affects your players and fans etc.

Hmm well, its almost like media in real life, they ask the same questions over and over again till they get the answer they want. except the media in real life dont give too cents about what happens on the pitch unless its a major upset, more concerned about getting private life and personal/team damaging news, prime example is todays match with city and chelsea could they care less who wins? they more focused about whether john terry and wayne bridge will shake hands, i would like options in game to either berate the media, tell them where to stick it, or assault them with large objects, tired of media ruining games/tv and life in general:thup:

Hmm well, its almost like media in real life, they ask the same questions over and over again till they get the answer they want. except the media in real life dont give too cents about what happens on the pitch unless its a major upset, more concerned about getting private life and personal/team damaging news, prime example is todays match with city and chelsea could they care less who wins? they more focused about whether john terry and wayne bridge will shake hands, i would like options in game to either berate the media, tell them where to stick it, or assault them with large objects, tired of media ruining games/tv and life in general:thup:

Media comment

SteveUK was defending his right to use reasonable force in getting the question he wanted. In a statement outside the court house he said " can't they talk about the match?"

Archived