team talks too affective

I know what you mean, but I kind of disagree. Think about applying that in real life; a coach can have his side tactically spot on and then go on to totally demoralise them by spouting something really inappropriate during the team talk. What needs tweaked, not overhauled, in the game is clearing up what means what in the team talks. Often in FM, saying "none" is the most effective option as it effectively means keep doing what you're doing. Next time in your match, check the motivation screen during half time. For all those players listed as "playing with confidence", click to individually give them no team talk (thus, keep it up). For everyone else, tell them you have faith (thus, I believe you can do better). I guarantee you'll see an improvement in second half performance, regardless of whether or not you were ahead at half time.

Anyone else agree? You can have good tactics but if you pick the wrong team talk your team will have less of the ball and therefore lose a lot of matches. I think team talks kinda ruin the game.

Edit: Seriously, It's like moving the sliders in the tactics screen is wayyy less important.

Personally, I think that's how it should be. If you take a players mind out of the game, or never get his mind into the game in the first place, your tactical instructions to him are going to be irrelevant.

And then on the other hand, if you take a player who's not focused, and get him focused... you should see a huge difference.

Archived