Pompey takes it on the chin...

Hi all, I'm sure alot of you have read the heartbreaking story of how numerous idiots down here on the south coast have ruined my team Portsmouth FC, and the bitter fact that today we sunk into administration, still with slight hope that the FA will allow us to sell players outside the transfer window (I personally find this rediculous, ad there shouldn't be any special rules; it's our fault alone, although you could argue that their "proper person's" test was and still is a farce).

Anyway, my point is about patch 10.3. I understand that it is past the "lockdown" date where the data is now fixed at one point. However, wouldn't you all agree that this news is pretty major and should be implemented into the patch? I'd just like any confermation either way about this. Cheers in advance... I'll just be down the bookies putting a couple of quid on us staying up :) should get reasonable odds...

Yep its terrible, but how was pompey expecting to pay big big wages with the tiny ground and income they get, punching above there weight, for the fit and proper person text though, what about Chelsea and Abramovich?

If he had decided to walk away from Chelsea a few years ago, wouldnt they have gone bust with the debt they were saddled with??

he did and still would pass the fit and proper test, i do believe they see to make sure that the money doesnt come from anything illegal dont they? not how much you have?? i maybe wrong though. . .

he did and still would pass the fit and proper test, i do believe they see to make sure that the money doesnt come from anything illegal dont they? not how much you have?? i maybe wrong though. . .

Yep, it is basically a check for a criminal record.

The term "fit and proper" is misleading.

The Fit and Proper Persons test is there purely to confirm that the potential owners have no criminal convictions which would prohibit them from being a director of a limited company.

It is not there to check where the funds are coming from or what the persons intentions for the club are.

Fair enough guys.

And on the fit and proper test; I believed it was to see

1. Any illegal goings on

2. Whether there is a solid financial backing

3. Will it benefit the club.

I believe that some/all of our 4 owners this season did not meet that criteria...

Hi all, I'm sure alot of you have read the heartbreaking story of how numerous idiots down here on the south coast have ruined my team Portsmouth FC, and the bitter fact that today we sunk into administration, still with slight hope that the FA will allow us to sell players outside the transfer window (I personally find this rediculous, ad there shouldn't be any special rules; it's our fault alone, although you could argue that their "proper person's" test was and still is a farce).

Anyway, my point is about patch 10.3. I understand that it is past the "lockdown" date where the data is now fixed at one point. However, wouldn't you all agree that this news is pretty major and should be implemented into the patch? I'd just like any confermation either way about this. Cheers in advance... I'll just be down the bookies putting a couple of quid on us staying up :) should get reasonable odds...

im not heatbroken,but if youve built a goood side.....wahey.......your side are ****,in game and real life

I'll be the first to agree that some of our players just aren't good enough. For example, my least favourite player; Mark Wilson. IMO, he is lower championship level at best, and we just do not have a goal scorer... And our accountant should be... Well... Maybe "shot" is a little harsh... Or maybe not in this case...

Archived