Reina making noise about a new challenge

Pepe Reina is being a little bitch.

He's been saying all pre-season he's after a new challenge, and Man City (obviously :rolleyes:) are sniffing around, waiting for the bomb to drop.

All I was wondering was is there anything I can do to keep him focused on the team, as I'm not letting go of him! I've tried telling the media he can "take the club to new heights", he's not interested in a new contract, my higher than usual pre-season bonus payments aren't having any effect on him, and i'm fed up of trying, but i'm stubborn and he's been European Goalkeeper of the year the last 2 years running so am I f**k letting him go! :p

Pepe Reina is being a little bitch.

He's been saying all pre-season he's after a new challenge, and Man City (obviously :rolleyes:) are sniffing around, waiting for the bomb to drop.

All I was wondering was is there anything I can do to keep him focused on the team, as I'm not letting go of him! I've tried telling the media he can "take the club to new heights", he's not interested in a new contract, my higher than usual pre-season bonus payments aren't having any effect on him, and i'm fed up of trying, but i'm stubborn and he's been European Goalkeeper of the year the last 2 years running so am I f**k letting him go! :p

Hello, I get the same thing, not only for him, but also for Glen Johnson and Insua. All you can do is nothing. Eventually, his desire will wain, and he will be willing to sign a new contract again. However, this thought will re-earth around once a season, just ignore it, because no-one ever has the guts to table an offer on the game, even city, unless you offer him to them.

I'd only worry if it gets to stage where he actually requests a transfer. I've had Agger bitching for about three or four seasons, but I've still got him and he's still probably my best defender. I am considering selling him now, but thats only so that I can get as much money as possible for him as I can.

next time it comes up for you to comment on tell him he is going nowhere, this should buy you atleast 2-3months of quiet and a new contract.

Or sell him and take great enjoyment when you beat them and he makes a massive mistake which costs his team points (It just happened to me with a regen and the moment was superb!)

next time it comes up for you to comment on tell him he is going nowhere, this should buy you atleast 2-3months of quiet and a new contract.

Or sell him and take great enjoyment when you beat them and he makes a massive mistake which costs his team points (It just happened to me with a regen and the moment was superb!)

I absolutely destroyed a former keeper of mine just the other day. It's pretty fantastic watching David Villa lob his old teammate and have it work. :D

Can't blame him for wanting to move to a bigger and better club with a realistic chance of winning something. Surprised he's not chatting up the Tranmere manager as well tbh :p

Hahaha, well it's September 2013 and City haven't won a thing since I started my save! He must have met their owners in a hotel, with promises of £££££££ and first dibs on Wayne Bridge's new missus!

It happens. When you lose, players go to clubs winning. When you're a low level club, players go to higher level clubs, when you're doing well, and a big club, players want new challenges...nothing you can do about it, just accept it.

I was losing players at around 1 per year. Alex, Ashley Cole, Cech, Zhirkov, Mikel, Ivanovic all fell ill to the disease...had to put Delac in for Cech at age 20.

When you sign Adler or Akinfeev on free sell Reina.

On a free? They both have long contracts! I've been after Akinfeev for a while, even offered £39 mil one night when I came home drunk! :p Still didn't get accepted. I was saving that money for Aguero at the time, would have been gutted to wake up and found that i'd spent it!

Archived