Databases

Does this become more beneficial the further you continue in a career?

Yes! The more players you load, the more newgens you have coming through each year. Poor quality of newgens is often attributed to a small database, because it is so much harder to find quality ones with so few coming through.

I originally played a save with a small DB. After 7 years of in-game time I got sick of seeing nations like Croatia, Serbia, Australia, etc..only have half of their players be real/regens, the rest were greyed out players. Regens were real poor..I had the best 4 or 5 regens on my squad, and NONE of the rest were up to par. Teams like United, Liverpool, etc were better off playing 35-36 year olds than 21 year olds...as the regens just couldn't play at that level. There weren't even enough real players/regens to fill La Liga or Serie A, and mid level or lower level clubs had a lot of grey players as well.

I originally played a save with a small DB. After 7 years of in-game time I got sick of seeing nations like Croatia, Serbia, Australia, etc..only have half of their players be real/regens, the rest were greyed out players. Regens were real poor..I had the best 4 or 5 regens on my squad, and NONE of the rest were up to par. Teams like United, Liverpool, etc were better off playing 35-36 year olds than 21 year olds...as the regens just couldn't play at that level. There weren't even enough real players/regens to fill La Liga or Serie A, and mid level or lower level clubs had a lot of grey players as well.

Oh wow, this is very helpful, looks like I will always be choosing the large database. After all, according to you, it would make the game more realistic.

Oh wow, this is very helpful, looks like I will always be choosing the large database. After all, according to you, it would make the game more realistic.

Yeah, I started a large DB game that had 10x the players of my original, and within the first year there were already more/better regens than the entire 7 years of my previous. I mean, they were all under 17, but just looking at their potential and scouting recommendations (had over 20 3-star potential regens within half a year, on par with the total amount of 3-star potential regens in the small database) I could actually fill my U-18 squad with 3 and 3.5 star regens rather than 2 or 2.5 star.

Depending on the performance of your computer i also do a Custom Database, select large database and then upload all players from Africa, and any other areas you may fancy International managment then you get more african players etc so if you get job as South Africa coach you will have more players to chose from, but do bear in mind the more you chose the slower the game could run. :)

I've had loads of good regens come through by loading all International Players from all continents. This doesn't add a great deal of players to the game so doesn't cause too much slow down but means that the game produces enough regens of requisite quality to keep the teams full.

Archived