question about tutoring

does someone know about what they excatly mean? or what do this options do? what are the differences beetween them?

** can be ideal role...

** can learn adopting....

** can learn from player...

i can not rememver the whole sentences for now . but i am sure you understood what i am talking about..

Each of the different options mean something different. I can't remember which is which, but these are what they translate into.

Learn the PPMs of the older player.

Learn the mental stats of the older player.

Learn both the PPMs and the mental stats of the older player.

Isn't there also a bit in there that is about the likelyhood of the tutored player to accept the older players tutelage?

I always thought there was????

Anyone else?

I think that's more to do with personalities than anything else.

Each of the different options mean something different. I can't remember which is which, but these are what they translate into.

Thats not the case Vic, at least not in last years version.

Lyssien did an experiment, I can't find the thread though :(

The conclusion basically was that all three options did the same in terms of mental stats & PPMs.

Maybe its been changed for this version, I'm not sure though.

Thats not the case Vic, at least not in last years version.

Lyssien did an experiment, I can't find the thread though :(

The conclusion basically was that all three options did the same in terms of mental stats & PPMs.

Maybe its been changed for this version, I'm not sure though.

Are you sure? I'm sure I saw a thread a while back with the tutoring process described. It could have been for FM10, not FM09 though. Anyway, I presume that's the version the OP is playing. ;)

thanks for answers but..

so no one knows the right answer?

that sounds like true i think but i am not sure.

thanks for answers but..

so no one knows the right answer?

that sounds like true i think but i am not sure.

I am sure this is right... but I don't exactly have proof.

And even if it is right, I don't know how they match up either. :o

what i take it is that, the difference is only being more authoritative, natural or soft in telling your player. If you tell an older established player that X is an ideal role model for him, he might get upset if X is not a high reputation, likeable player.

While if you use that to a youngster, he will look up to that player more and give more effort to learning, thus improving more.

It's like saying you can really really learn from him, can learn from him or should be able to learn something.

They will all make the student learn PPM, increase/decrease determination (depending on the determination of both players) and adjust personality upon a successful learning.

what i take it is that, the difference is only being more authoritative, natural or soft in telling your player. If you tell an older established player that X is an ideal role model for him, he might get upset if X is not a high reputation, likeable player.

While if you use that to a youngster, he will look up to that player more and give more effort to learning, thus improving more.

It's like saying you can really really learn from him, can learn from him or should be able to learn something.

They will all make the student learn PPM, increase/decrease determination (depending on the determination of both players) and adjust personality upon a successful learning.

in other ways it sounds like true. thanks for answer.

I thought thats what you were implying - If players were the same personality they would get on and the tutoring a success.

My mistake :)

If their personalities are too dissimilar the tutoring won't work, I've had it a couple of times where it's come back saying they learned nothing because there was such a difference in personalities.

But what I meant is different players respond differently to the requests of tutoring because of different personalities if that makes sense.

i think its like that

ideal role Learn both the PPMs and the mental stats of the older player

adopting Learn the PPMs of the older player

can learn Learn the mental stats of the older player.

Believe what you like but I'll say again on FM09 this was not the case and there is nothing that suggests it has changed for FM10.

Basically no-one really knows what the difference between the options are.

All options do the same. The difference is that you should choose 'Role Model' when you want someone like VDS or Giggs to be tutor. 'Approach the Game', e.g. Rooney, 'Learn From' e.g. Rio.

So, basically you should choose your indispensable to the club (your main player and superstars) to be tutor as Role Models.

I read this in one of the threads not so long ago.

Si has responded on this issue a few times. The distinction lies only in the player who will become the tutor: if he's your star player, he'll be happier if you say he's the ideal role model for your youngster.

He's a post to prove my point: http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4412108&postcount=218

Well that clears that up.

Si has responded on this issue a few times. The distinction lies only in the player who will become the tutor: if he's your star player, he'll be happier if you say he's the ideal role model for your youngster.

He's a post to prove my point: http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4412108&postcount=218

So, that's where I read it. :D

Archived