Start of season expectations

Could this be made better? While I enjoy being able to choose targets and budgets (obviously as a bigger club there's not always a choice) but I feel some chairmen expect more from their managers in real life.

While it's possible to view how pleased the board are regarding your progress in various competitions via the confidence screen I'd like to see other challenges introduced.

For example, if you were to have an ageing team the board may request that you bring down the average age of the squad, or they if your team lack flair they could ask you to increase this through your transfer dealings. I'm aware that in previous versions of the game chairmen have asked for big-name signings, or even signed players themselves (does this still occur?) therefore I can't it being a big task in implementing them.

I don't think this is in the game ne more, I remember wen Abramovich 1st took over Chelsea in that FM he always wanted big signings and if you didn't deliver he'd go and get them himself. I think there should be a greater relationship with the chairman it would make the game more interesting

Archived