Have any of you encountered this.....?

At random times while playing the game, this happens. My pc will go to a black screen. After a few, possibly ten or so, seconds it will return to normal but with this message in the taskbar. Windows kernel version 196.21 stopped responding but recovered successfully. I am assuming that it is graphics driver related. All my drivers are up to date. I am on a 64bit machine. 1TB hard drive, 1TB dedicated Nvidia GEForce 220 graphics card and Intel quad core 2.5ghz. I think that is all correct. Quick replies would be appreciated as time is running out for me to return the machine for a return of rental fees. Kind regards.

This is a known problem with NVIDIA Graphics Cards, Have you made sure you have the most up to date driver for your card from the NVIDIA Site?

*Also, what windows are you running on?*

*EDIT*

After some research through google, I came across this: "This seems to be a massive problem from looking on the net and is related to Win 7 for people using Epson print preview or gaming. If it was happening to just people using Epson Print Preview I would think it would be a problem with the Epson driver or if it was just gamers I would think that might down to the graphics card driver but it's happening on both ATI and Nvidia. This would suggest to me that it's a Microsoft issue."

Good luck mate, - Jamie :)

This is a known problem with NVIDIA Graphics Cards, Have you made sure you have the most up to date driver for your card from the NVIDIA Site?

*Also, what windows are you running on?*

*EDIT*

After some research through google, I came across this: "This seems to be a massive problem from looking on the net and is related to Win 7 for people using Epson print preview or gaming. If it was happening to just people using Epson Print Preview I would think it would be a problem with the Epson driver or if it was just gamers I would think that might down to the graphics card driver but it's happening on both ATI and Nvidia. This would suggest to me that it's a Microsoft issue."

Good luck mate, - Jamie :)

Jamie, All drivers completely up to date, made absolutey sure today. Windows 7.

Archived