Whats a good % to renegotiate AI offers?

AI has no problem convincing itself to sell players at exorbitant prices, but whenever I try to get comparable value for my players, no deal :(. Nowadays I seem to accept AI bids if I want to sell a player because I am afraid they'll withdraw their bid if I revise it up too much. Maybe the problem is how much I add to their offer.. What's a decent percentage extra to add to their offer price, without scaring them off?

I want to know if their is a guide out there that can sort of help with this and also that helps with the best way to approach a player you want to buy... e.g best way to get him for a good price, making him wanna join, like praising? Is it better to follow a player for a year or 2 before getting him for a good price.

I don't know the answer to the question from the OP, it all seems a little random! As far as I can tell there's no magic formula in order to work out how the AI goes about it's pricing strategy. Try adding 20% on, therefore if the sale value is £1m then it's only £1.2m but that extra £200k could be handy for wages etc. Also, try adding in sell-on clauses to younger players, just in case!

As for the second post, I'm sure there is a thread with those tips, however I'm pretty sure that praising a player etc does help eventually, though it may not be seen so favourably by the opposing manager which in turn makes a bid being accepted by them increasingly difficult... a bit like Fergie's rant at Real last year ("I wouldn't sell them lot a virus")!

I agree with saware, I will tend to add a small percentage onto my bid each time maybe add in a clause or two.

For example, when I moved from Villa to Arsenal, I wanted to take with me my 3 favourite players from my time. 2 came with not much problem but my former striker was seeming difficult.

I had signed him for Villa for £31m so I made a cheeky first bid of £25m - Villa Rejected

Second Bid: £30m - Villa Reject

Third Bid: £35m + £2.5m after 30 league games - Villa want £100m with various clauses.

Fourth Bid: £40m + £2.5m after 30 games + £2.5m after 30 goals - Villa want £90m with various clauses.

Fifth Bid: £45m + £2.5m after 30 games + £2.5m after 30 goals - Villa want £78m with various clauses

Sixth and Final Bid: £50m + £2.5m after 30 games + £2.5m after 30 goals - Villa accept.

Sometimes a club just don't want to sell but in the cases of all 3 players I bought from Villa, all 3 had me as favoured personnel so it makes the deal a little easier.

Archived