Rejecting a contract extension...

Has anyone been offered a "new contract" while under contract (really, a contract extension), only to reject the offer? If so - what happened? I accepted the one I was presented in the middle of my first year and really have no reason to reject another one should I be offered -- I just don't want to find myself jobless if I do decide to reject an extension and manage out the remainder of my existing contract.

Thoughts/experiences?

-Ian.

As long as you have more than one year on your remaining contract, you can still be given/ask for a contract extension if you want one down the road. If you want to remain at the club but continue to look for jobs, you could just resign at the point in which you want to take over the other club.

Experience: I usually stick to one- or two-year contracts but when Aston Villa wanted me to sign an extension, declined it as I had my eye on the Juventus job. Juventus offered me a contract, which I accepted and joined them at the end of my contract with Aston Villa.

Has anyone been offered a "new contract" while under contract (really, a contract extension), only to reject the offer? If so - what happened? I accepted the one I was presented in the middle of my first year and really have no reason to reject another one should I be offered -- I just don't want to find myself jobless if I do decide to reject an extension and manage out the remainder of my existing contract.

Thoughts/experiences?

-Ian.

Yea, that can happen. The Board decided to end the uncertainty by sacking me.

there is a bad thing about this topic.

the money which we earn is completely unnecasery. we can not do anyhtingh with it. also it hurts club finances. i prefer to use this bugdet for my players.

i think the new version should change this ridiciolus stuation. we should do something with that money or we should not earn money. infact i can work as a manager as volunteer :)

The money you earn and the contract length heavily influence your job security, as it would cost the club much more to sack you, Manchester United were paying me 250k a week and i had 3 years left on my contract, i had a shocking season winning nothing and finishing 4th in the league, normally i should expect the sack after that but my job security was still stable.

Archived