When will SI fix the game?

What annoys me:

- "that's his first ever goal"

- "that's his first goal this season"

- "no matter what match speed I choose, it goes in normal mode most of the time

- Call of Duty 6 works smoothly in max details yet FM can lag in a freaking 3d match engine

- ball in the air means there will be like 16 headers before some player decides to take it to his feet

- your 32 shots being blocked by thei GK, their only shot finds the way to the net

- actions where the ball goes next to your player yet he stands there because AI has just actived another player that was 30 feet further to get this ball

- too many through balls ending with goal

- 99% of free kicks are out of target

- too many heading go over the bar

- too many silly goals from like 1% angles, dierect corners "he certainly didn't mean that", etc

- assitant managers- what are the stats for?

- staff in general, seems like every club in the world got a ****** staff, why would club such as Barca hire a scout with judging potential of 6?!

- 50% of my squad being injured all the time

- timers going to 90th minute when you are winning by 1 goal just to make you get a heart attack for the next 3 minutes watching opposite team trying to score, happens all the time

- watching other top teams winning all the time and loosing like 4 goals in 16 games (LOL !!!)

Unrealistic:

- teams buying same players every time

- top teams buying some ****** players god knows why

- transfers in general, 80% of the players costs seems to be 3 times their actual value, what's the value for then?

- clubs rejecting 120 mln Euro offers

- rejecting the twice their worth offers for squad rotation status players

- trainings, this makes me laugh, you can't make transfers system realistic yet you can make a freaking training system so complicated that I would have to graduate MA in physio to actually know how this works (let;s admit it, 70% of players use general/default one, another 29% download some schedules made by others, 1% made their schedules themselves), why cant u make it like in CM? Just let us decide what stats do we want to improve, and generate suitable schedule for that player

Other:

- remove free kicks due to 99% of them being our of target anyway

- remove crossing, 99% of crossing gets to the target player anyway, even from full backs with crossing of 4

- remove goalkeepers stats, seems it's irrelevant as most of opposition GK become god against my teams

- remove players value, you have to pay 3/4 times more most of the time anyway

- remove match game speed - doesn't work anyway

- remove staff at start and let us hire all of them since 99% of us has to sack them every time we start a new game

- remove press conferences, most annoying thing in the game i think

- remove scouting, seems like 80% of the players are 2 stars, 19% is 2,5/3 stars, 1% is above

I;ve been playing this game since CM2 and it's going in the wrong direction in my opinion, stop implementing new option that sucks, tweak old bugs first please.

Edit:

- timers going to 90th minute when you are winning by 1 goal just to make you get a heart attack for the next 3 minutes watching opposite team trying to score, happens all the time

- watching other top teams winning all the time and loosing like 4 goals in 16 games (LOL !!!)

- staff members changing teams at least twice a season

- ridicoulous release clauses for some ****** staff members

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, but I must agree with his last sentence. :)

Yeah plus it was better when they did about 2 or 3 versions on CM and then moved onto a new one.

Gave them a chance to fix bugs and things, like this years 'polish' it as been a big improvment on last years FM.

I think maybe on FM11 they could clean things up more and i would be happy with that.

Instead of adding new features full of more unseen bugs. ;)

Then after a couple of years or so move onto a new one with new features etc. and start the process again, it would give us time to enjoy each versions more thoroughly. :)

Yeah plus it was better when they did about 2 or 3 versions on CM and then moved onto a new one.

Gave them a chance to fix bugs and things, like this years 'polish' it as been a big improvment on last years FM.

I think maybe on FM11 they could clean things up more and i would be happy with that.

Instead of adding new features full of more unseen bugs. ;)

Then after a couple of years or so move onto a new one with new features etc. and start the process again, it would give us time to enjoy the versions more thoroughly. :)

Tottaly agree. :thup:

What annoys me:

- Call of Duty 6 works smoothly in max details yet FM can lag in a freaking 3d match engine

- ball in the air means there will be like 16 headers before some player decides to take it to his feet

- your 32 shots being blocked by thei GK, their only shot finds the way to the net

- actions where the ball goes next to your player yet he stands there because AI has just actived another player that was 30 feet further to get this ball

- too many silly goals from like 1% angles, dierect corners "he certainly didn't mean that", etc

- staff in general, seems like every club in the world got a ****** staff, why would club such as Barca hire a scout with judging potential of 6?!

Unrealistic:

- transfers in general, 80% of the players costs seems to be 3 times their actual value, what's the value for then?

- trainings, this makes me laugh, you can't make transfers system realistic yet you can make a freaking training system so complicated that I would have to graduate MA in physio to actually know how this works (let;s admit it, 70% of players use general/default one, another 29% download some schedules made by others, 1% made their schedules themselves), why cant u make it like in CM? Just let us decide what stats do we want to improve, and generate suitable schedule for that player

Other:

- remove crossing, 99% of crossing gets to the target player anyway, even from full backs with crossing of 4

- remove goalkeepers stats, seems it's irrelevant as most of opposition GK become god against my teams

- remove staff at start and let us hire all of them since 99% of us has to sack them every time we start a new game

- remove scouting, seems like 80% of the players are 2 stars, 19% is 2,5/3 stars, 1% is above

I;ve been playing this game since CM2 and it's going in the wrong direction in my opinion, stop implementing new option that sucks, tweak old bugs first please.

Edit:

It's your... oh, never mind.

I'm really glad that this guy has brought up the points, and the people in this thread have the intelligence and humour to actually talk about what he said instead of trying to show off their big words and end up getting the thread closed because "it's your tactics". well done mate for what you said and i'm sure you feel better getting it off your chest haha, i agree with nearly everything and sometimes it is fustrating, hopefully 10.3 will be an improvement :)

new ones:

- some 17 year old players with decent prospect status asking for first team status in my Chelsea team when I try to buy them off some low rep teams, ROFL !!!

- face generating system, what the hell is it for anyway?! Faces look silly like and remind me of some oldie Amiga style games :<

- too many goals from 30/40 yards

- matches when your WORLD CLASS STRIKERS have 20 shots directly to their GK blocked of course, seems like they can't shot anywhere else but the middle of the goal while their striker with finishing of 9 need 1 shot to place a perfect goal

Now the best part - I was analysing this game engine and it seems to me that it's a freaking viscious circle, how can I emply a great tactic if every time I play the same match I get a tottaly different result? So one time when I loose 0:4 I think: "ok, that's probably they have pacey strikers, my defenders are slow and I have put push up def line", so I reload, change it, play, wham ! I loose 1:3... so was my thinking wrong? Would the result be the same even If I didnt change the def line? How can I draw conclusions if the same match gives different result with every reload? This makes the whole game pointless, I analyse tactic, make tweaks, I loose, were the tweaks bad or was the other team simply better? Should I keep the setting or should I go back to the old ones? Same goes when I click analyse after first half, every time I check my wingers crossing, their stats looks like: 9 crossings / 8 blocked, have you seen a match when both wingers' crossing are blocked??? I mean all of them??? So let's say my crossing were blocked, no matter what I change in wingers settings, the crossing are still blocked making the whole tactic system useless (that's why I'm playing without wingers at the moment).

I'd like to thank all for the positive feedback, to be honest it's a relief indeed xD

I was expecting "learn to play noob" kind of feedback but I'm happy that I'm not the only one being frustrated due to the bugs. The tactic rant is a personal thing I guess, I realize there lots of random factors that are taken under the consideration yet I think the results should be similar every time you play same tactic on reload.

The face engine makes me really laugh, imagine how many pple were working on it... for what? what do I need it for? 90% of the teams do not have any pictures of real players but you have an engine that generates some silly faces for youth players... if I dont have Lampard, Ballacks photos... why would I need some randomly generated youths ones???

I can't agree more with everything you've said. PLUs I'm f***ing amazed that the thread hasn't been filled with morons suggesting you alter your tactics, etc,etc.

At the minute I'm peeved with two things;

- when you alter your tactics and have to wait the best part of 10 in game minutes for the change to be implemented. In my last five games the opposition have scored 7 times because of this .... its like the game knows you are about to change something and drags it out until the other team can score. If the developers had ever been to a game they would see that a managers touchline shout will be picked up by the captain/ relevant player in real time, without the need for the ball to be out of play!!!!

- when players under no pressure at all kick the ball out for a throw in or corner, just to be safe. WTF is that? Everytime I see it it makes my heart sink because I know I'm just wasting my time with this stupid game.

"ok, that's probably they have pacey strikers, my defenders are slow and I have put push up def line", so I reload, change it, play, wham ! I loose 1:3... so was my thinking wrong?"

Yeah your thinking was wrong, actually. why push up slow defenders against fast strikers, leaving all that space behind you to run into? Drop your d-line back against fast strikers so they stay in front of you.

"PLUs I'm f***ing amazed that the thread hasn't been filled with morons suggesting you alter your tactics, etc,etc."

You should alter your tactics when they are wrong. See above example. And, it's fair to point out when it is in fact the case. Not saying there aren't problems with the game, but you don't see SI saying that either.

The only thing that's really annoying is the transfer system. I have to pay 3 times their value to get most people but when it comes to the AI trying to buy one of my players they either bid the value ot a very small amount over which unsettles my players. Could understand if I was a lower league team, but I do mind when I'm a team challenging for the title.

What annoys me:

I have to say this version of FM is the first I've not played to death...and that's very especially atypical in a season where my club team is playing like pants (Juve).

While I understand the desire to give players more of a role in the game, I have to say that the training and team talk modules are heading down the wrong path. The training module is so complicated now that downloading schedules is the only realistic option. Surely as the OP said, there could be a simpler system a la tactics wizard that would hide most of the workings behind perhaps a graphical interface. Use the pentagon quick player view and make the corners selectable so you could choose to develop all or just some of the general attribute groups.

I won't harp on too much about the terrible starting game setup for coaching where even top teams struggle to get 3-4 star training with the database coaches. Again, this seems to add complexity (signing coaches) when it just becomes an exercize in number crunching. I think the designers need to understand the difference between simplifying and 'dumbing down'. I dread starting new games as the first bunch of hours are spent tweaking coaching and scouting. If this is ignored, it takes away from the longevity of that particular game.

The team talk module is now pointless. Either you just choose willy nilly and suffer disproportionate effects from the game design (which seems based on someone who has spent way too much time attending or reading about sports psychology sessions) or you go to the forums and find the exact recipe that will boost your team. I'd like a system that had much milder effects, but wasn't based on a 'right or wrong' team talk philosophy. I don't dispute there is importance in simulating sports psychology (lord knows I've sat through enough sessions and seen the impact), but I dislike the sense that there is a right way and a wrong way of handling them. In any case, I'd suggest that team talks are definitely a 2nd order variable (at best) in team performance, well behind the squad and tactics of the team. IRL there aren't magic team talks that are appropriate for given situations, that's the challenge faced by managers.

Given the slightly more fluid tactical design where there is a sense that SI hasn't determined that one tactical approach is much better than others (although it is still a little programmatic to me), I'd like to see other parts of the game not be as 'recipe' driven. This may mean that the impact of the other parts of the game are lessened, but would provide more randomness and uncertainty of the game.

The thing is, you could list the things that are right with the game and get something 10x longer, but the small list or rant does have a huge effect on this kind of game.

I like to play with width on FM, always have, always will, but one patch from SI wrecked wide play, totally wrecked it and despite trying mulitple new games with different tactics I realised it was simply something that had gone wrong with the patch and not something I could fix. I got to the point where i just had to laugh at some of the play in the match engine, worldclass wingers beating the full back only to slow down for 2 seconds before attempting to cross giving the defender just enough time to get back and put it out for a corner. No wonder my central defenders got about 20 a season between them.

It's time to release FM every 2 years now, the last 3 versions have been a real letdown with these little issues and poor new features that have done nothing that really adds to the game. I can't see myself buying FM11 unless it gets real good feedback on here.

...and add to that (please note new save game on 10.2 patch, PC within spec & fully upgraded drivers, Direct X etc as advised).

*3d still doesnt work (only sometimes, if Im lucky)

*Player scores both goals in a 2-0 win, apparantly in the post match review his second goal was his "hatrick"...Go figure!!!!!

*Daily "out of memory" crashes & screen dumps

*GK running out of area to a diagonal ball drifting wide and heading it back towards his own goal where the on running SC is heading (Yep he scored!)

*Sometimes when I return to my squad screen it has changed from the custom view I always use to the player nationalities view which I never, ever want to see again!

To be honest, the time spent creating the competitions editor side of the game could have been better spent errradicating the above, especially as (and this is only my opinion) the forums are not exactly buzzing with competiton editting talk, now that the novelty has worn off (just as I expected).

"Polished!" LOL, you are having a chuckle!

Having said all that when it is good FM10 is the very best - it just goes bad pretty often.

One thing that kind of bothers me is that you can't score a free kick over the wall and in 90% of cases you know the free kick will be a goal before it's taken because of its position and the position of the wall. I hate it when the goal is scored by a low free kick in my keeper's corner, when in real life he'd probably save that kind of shot 99% of the time.

i kinda half agree and disagree with the transfers complaint but other than that,good rant especially the "actions where the ball goes next to your player yet he stands there because AI has just actived another player that was 30 feet further to get this ball" complaint

Well, I've played the game for roughly two months - and saw such goals only twice.
Basically just one - Tactics, so you won't have to make personal instructions yourself all the time and just click "Ask assistant to pick" :)

well, there's nothing that assistant is really needed for except mentioned above.

It depends on some factors, as I've played consecutive seasons for one team without any injuries and now half of my squad is in hospital as I'm playing the different team and different country. Actually, I've had some injury problems only the first season using my own training schedule.

As for transfers, buying players became fairly easy. I've bought A.-P. Gignac in Monaco from Toulose just for 18M euros - that was impossible in previous versions (or recquired the budget nearly 45M).The transfer system is much more interesting as now we can make number of bids while bargaining. I actually love to buy a player for 10M euros after the first AI's value offer was 12-15M.

Well, are you sure that this attribute refers to the DFKs? :) I ask so 'cause players with high free kick taking usually make great cross while doing the iDFK. And how many goals you see scored from the DFK in real football match?
Maybe I just don't pay too much attention to it but crossing works poorly in FM10 IMHO. Wingers are useless and 3 ACMs are much more effecient then AML-AMC-AMR.
Maybe we play some different managers but I have the "Send assistant" button on the news screen.

Just like IRL. Top players are top only because their standard of game is higher than the great majority of others.

And finally I agree with other items of your list, mostly about the non-playing staff :) The first day in the club is more long than half of season due to sacking and hiring new coaches, scouts, etc.

But the transfer system is VEEEERY easy for the player :) And maybe more realistic as it's possible now to buy a player from the club of same league.

My personal opinion is that this manager is much more interesting then three or four previous editions. And more realistic.

P.S. sorry for poor English grammatics.

• Administrators

Don't particularly agree with a number of the points in the OP (especially the 'other' section) however some of the things you've mentioned are issues we are aware of and are looking into. Cheers.

Don't particularly agree with a number of the points in the OP (especially the 'other' section) however some of the things you've mentioned are issues we are aware of and are looking into. Cheers.

i think he is right with the last bit in the 'other' section, the scouting bit. i only ever get up to 3 stars, and thats only if there the best in the world. normaly i get upto 2.5 stars.

I think it was a very well constructed OP and included some valid points.

A lot of people mentioning the point about having to pay 3 or 4 times a players value. I would like to add my opinion to this.

I wouldnt change this at all if it was up to me. The value given in game is a true valuation of what that player is worth relative to the league he is currently playing in, his current form, international caps etc. I dont think anyone would argue that.

If i buy a player listed for transfer, then i can usually get him for a fee close to his actual value. Sometimes a lot less which makes it feel like a real bargain.

However if i am bidding for a player who is not transfer listed then, just like in real life, i may find myself paying well over the odds for him. Especially if that player is a regular starter for his team. It will be hard to convince that team to let him go, so not only are you paying for the players services, you are paying a massive compensation fee in order to persuade the selling to accept the bid.

This is enhanced, i believe, if you are managing a big club with a lot of cash. Just look at Man City in real life. Selling clubs are aware that they can push City for a lot more money than usual due to their high spending power.

I believe this particular part of the game is accurate enough. These are just my opinions but i hope you can see where i am coming from.

I think it was a very well constructed OP and included some valid points.

A lot of people mentioning the point about having to pay 3 or 4 times a players value. I would like to add my opinion to this.

I wouldnt change this at all if it was up to me. The value given in game is a true valuation of what that player is worth relative to the league he is currently playing in, his current form, international caps etc. I dont think anyone would argue that.

If i buy a player listed for transfer, then i can usually get him for a fee close to his actual value. Sometimes a lot less which makes it feel like a real bargain.

However if i am bidding for a player who is not transfer listed then, just like in real life, i may find myself paying well over the odds for him. Especially if that player is a regular starter for his team. It will be hard to convince that team to let him go, so not only are you paying for the players services, you are paying a massive compensation fee in order to persuade the selling to accept the bid.

This is enhanced, i believe, if you are managing a big club with a lot of cash. Just look at Man City in real life. Selling clubs are aware that they can push City for a lot more money than usual due to their high spending power.

I believe this particular part of the game is accurate enough. These are just my opinions but i hope you can see where i am coming from.

having read this, i must admit, i agree. well with the man city comparison. i always play with big clubs, mostly with a fair amount of money. so i have to pay lots for the players i really want that arnt on the transfer list. but have managed to get a few bargains with listed players or by unsettleing players first. it might take a long time to unsettle the players you really want, but its defo worth it in the end.

other than that, i really do think the OP has made a great post here. well done once again mate :D

What annoys me:

Unrealistic:

Other:

Edit:

Agree with almost everything...But this sentence is so true and so funny :D

I think the real problem here is your lack of tactics. I suggest you play 11 players at all times, and make sure you make your subs at the right times - this is good for the team. I win alot by using these tips.

most of us win because no one likes to be a loser but it's quite annoying and unrealistic!i had a cup final with inter milan and in ET 'the special one' sends in David Suazo who in 118 min scores "HIS FIRST GOAL OF THE SEASON" :eek: and i lose! and a lot of players score their first goal of the season against me! i understand 3-4 but not 9-10!

to gustieguy06

This is what I meant by saying that I lost a game cause I put high def line with slow defenders and pacey strikers, it's obvious I should put them deeper to avoid through balls

Outrospective

Assistant manager tactic, so you say that if my assistant has tactics 10 he wont be able to set the opposition instructions and suggest teamtalk?

Injuries - I have been using default training sessions, downloaded sessions and no matter what I do half of my squad is injured all the time

Transfer - if you claim it's working as intended you obviously are not following real world news/transfer sessions

Press Conference - have you actually tried to send you assistant? have you checked your players morale afterwards?

Scouting - if you claim that 3 starts is top class, what are the other 2 stars for? Oo

to StewartJRobertson

It's obvious that you can underpay transfer listed players, that's natural like in real world, player is transfer listed because he is not needed anymore and the team wants to get rid of him, true

But what about ordinary player, lets say some MC from Standard Liege, Belgium Liege which is not wealthy, etc, you bit a player with 5mln value, you think the AI will accept it? You think they will accept 15 mln? WRONG, the price for that player is 25 mln, now imagine real world situation, transfer window, Standard Liege receives an offer for their MC for 10 mln Euro, you think they would reject it? Do you know any team in the world that would reject a 150 mln Euro offer for their player? I don't. I'm not saying the system is not working, all I'm saying it;s freaking U N R E A L I S T I C like hell, I'm a transfer maniac myself, I follow every single details regarding transfer in major european leagues every transfer window and I think I know a lot about it, seems SI employees do not. Check the last transfer window in summer and check how many transfer were actually above 20 mln Euro (excluding Real, Barca and let's say City), there are almost none, now go to FM and check all your transfers and tell me how many were under 20 mln, even some 16 year old youth prospects cost some hilarious money. I don't want to go to more details but I hope you got my point. The best example here is my last game with City: I need a decent central defender, I went through some key stats and noticed that Fazio from Sevilla is quite good, I go to check his value, it's 3 mln, status: rotation or first team (dont remember), guess how much would I have to pay to get him? 45 mln EURO !!!! For a 3 mln worth player !!! That's freaking hilarious, now, why did he have a 3 mln tag? If he was great, his price should go automaticly up to lets say 20 mln, if he was crap, why did I have to pay 45 mln? That's the biggest issue:"current players value" which has nothing to do with anything since you have to pay 3 times more to buy any.

...and add to that (please note new save game on 10.2 patch, PC within spec & fully upgraded drivers, Direct X etc as advised).

*3d still doesnt work (only sometimes, if Im lucky)

*Player scores both goals in a 2-0 win, apparantly in the post match review his second goal was his "hatrick"...Go figure!!!!!

*Daily "out of memory" crashes & screen dumps

*GK running out of area to a diagonal ball drifting wide and heading it back towards his own goal where the on running SC is heading (Yep he scored!)

*Sometimes when I return to my squad screen it has changed from the custom view I always use to the player nationalities view which I never, ever want to see again!

To be honest, the time spent creating the competitions editor side of the game could have been better spent errradicating the above, especially as (and this is only my opinion) the forums are not exactly buzzing with competiton editting talk, now that the novelty has worn off (just as I expected).

"Polished!" LOL, you are having a chuckle!

Having said all that when it is good FM10 is the very best - it just goes bad pretty often.

Adding that thing was bloody brilliant! There are people in other countries whose leagues aren't available in the game as default and for them to be able to add them manually is extremely important and great! The reason you're not hearing as much raving about it now is because how many more competitions are there left to create except for the odd European or World Super League? There are only 200 countries or so in the game so when all their leagues have been created, the general public doesn't want much else.

As for the poor crossing, I find that giving wingers a Support duty is a good workaround for now because then they don't go to the byline, so they are a little more creative when trying to get the cross past the opposition full back.

I think the real problem here is your lack of tactics. I suggest you play 11 players at all times, and make sure you make your subs at the right times - this is good for the team. I win alot by using these tips.

Reminds me of the time......Its like a friend and I used to play subuteo football but we liked a smaller more scaled ball so (after losing the Striker balls that we had) we had to settle for using some white and orange (good in the snow!) minty sweets that I had laying around, they were not totally spherical but nevermind!). Trouble was I was not very good and kept getting beaten...but as my friend would mockingly tell me...."its your tic-tacs"! :-)

Reminds me of the time......Its like a friend and I used to play subuteo football but we liked a smaller more scaled ball so (after losing the Striker balls that we had) we had to settle for using some white and orange (good in the snow!) minty sweets that I had laying around, they were not totally spherical but nevermind!). Trouble was I was not very good and kept getting beaten...but as my friend would mockingly tell me...."its your tic-tacs"! :-)

Quality!! haha:thup::D

I understand what you mean completely my friend! I was winning 2-0 but by some fluke the other team won 3-2. They must have employed very good tactics. I must have let my guard down, something I won't be doing again I assure you!

i am not saying anything about tactic! i wouldn't mine if the goal had been scored by someone else not by a striker who played more than 10 games from the start but score his first goal at the end of the season ! how many strikers IRL score their first goal at the end of the season!i agree with a DC but not a striker!

i am not saying the game is bad or hard i am saying there are little things that annoy me!

Archived