What's everyones setup?

Just a little curious. I only really ever start the game with two 'setups.

The first one is just England loaded with leagues down to L2. Large database. This is when I have no intention of managing anywhere else.

The second one is where I just load the top leagues from England, Spain, Italy, France and Germany. Sometimes add Portugal, Greece, Turkey and Holland in there aswell. Large database.

What does everyone use?

Large db. All divisions in the country I start in. Top 2 divisions in England, Spain, Italy, France, Germany. Top division in most of the other Euro other than east europe which I never bother with, and Brazil, Argentina and a few others. It slows down a bit at certain points of the season but never too much to become a problem.

Well it will load a lot more international players but mostly from the leagues you choose. I haven't played with anything smaller so I don't really know.

It's pretty standard I thought that everyone uses a large db. There really is no reason not to - unless you have 256 RAM.

I play two game types a Carrer Game with all leagues in England & Scotland loaded, I play this game (start unemployed) from release until the final in this case patch 3 is available.

Then I load up my Globetrotter game, that does me until the next game, this has all leagues from England Scotland loaded, top 3 leagues in Spain, Italy and Germany, Top 2 leagues from Argentina, Brazil, Holland, Belgium & Turkey.

this is always a little bug bearer with me, whats the best setup for the best game. 99.9% of the time i do career games, one country only manage in so dont bother with adding extra leagues but do have a lot of ddt files (all the top sides etc) but in the past it always seemed to make that country i pick and teams in it win everything. think thats changed on FM10 now but still cant find a setup im happy with, always think should add this one, that one etc etc. Is there any need, should just stick with career game, one country only and my ddt files?

england to blue square north/south ( i only ever manage in england)

large database

and load all players from :

europe

scandanavia

south america

africa

and a smattering of countries such as ukraine, russia, romania, bulgaria, slovenia , slovakia etc

always the same setup for me

I used to load about 6 leagues or so, but then i was told by another forum member that the performance recommendations that you get(the stars for gamespeed etc) dont really tell you the whole truth, and that you can run a hell of a lot more and still not experience any real slowdown or trouble, so now i have England,france,ukraine(real good bargain players specially at metalurg zp),russia,spain,italy,germany,holland,brazil(has awesome staff),argentina,denmark,norway,sweden and iceland sometimes a few more.

if im playing as a low league team like Leyton Orient, ill load say south africa, poland and few other lesser european countries as they have some pretty good bargain players.

P.S Course the more/different leagues you load has a big impact on price of the players and other managerial targets.

England - League 2 and up

France - Ligue 2 and up

Italy - Serie A

Spain - All leagues

Germany - Bundesliga

Holland - Eredviese

Belgium - Pro League

Brazil - Top league

Argentina - Top league

Large DB with all players from top division sides in Europe.

3 star ;)

That is for when I manage in England.. Always variate a bit depending on where I'm going to manage.

In my current game I run 128 leagues (including some custom ones). Top two leagues from every country available in Europe (and the top four tiers and England, Italy and Spain) and South America and the top league from several African, Middle Eastern and Asian countries. Large db.

On Laptop:

Scotland - 3rd Division

England - League 2

Italy - Serie A

Spain - Top

Germany - Top

Portugal - Top

Holland - Top

France - Top

Medium Database

Half a star but runs fast considering my specs, Can holiday a season in 2 hours.

On my PC thats a diff story, Prob all leagues.

Bulgaria - full

England - full

Spain - full

all other major EU - view only restricted to 1st division with the exception of italy and 2-3 others

argentina, brazil - view only as well

MEDIUM

I think barely 3 stars? But I'm running the game on this piece of junk:

AthlonXP 1900+ (1.5ghz)

768 SDRAM (yes before even DDR1)

80gb hdd with less than 2gb free

GF 6600 agp4

Audigy 4 (but I don't use sound anyway)

:D

I'm just about to start a new game so I loaded

Russia (top 2)

England (all the way down)

France (all the way down)

Spain (" ")

Italy (" ")

Brazil (top 2)

Ukraine (top league)

Denmark (top 2)

Switzerland (top 2)

Turkey (top two)

and a couple more. All I know is that I'm @ 1 star with 74,000 players. I should have done more. I'm okay with a slow game as long as I get a lot of players. I'm running a Q6600, 3.25 GB Ram, 500 GB HDD, 9800 GTX, and Windows XP.

A couple view only's-MLS, Ukraine, Portugal, etc.

Archived