Offered 22 Million by a poor team :|

Hi guys just looking for some answers as to whether this is a bug or just a very optimistic team.

Basically after being promoted with Southampton in my second season, i was approached by Middlesbrough who had just been relegated from the Premiership. In the job offer i was offered a transfer budget of 22 million pounds!! This was too much to turn down so i took the job straight away. However, once i was the manager or Middlesbrough, i looked at the clubs finances and their bank balance was -2 million :|

How could the board possibly give me 22 million to spend knowing full well they dont have the funds?

Hope to hear from you soon, thanks :)

Doubt its a bug. The club allowing you to spend that much as they might expect to be able to cover the costs during the year.

This could be the case, but say i spend the 22 mill..that puts me 25million in the red. How can i expect to make that money up in the championship with mediocre attendances etc. ?

this is where you being careful comes in. reckless boards exist! dont spend cos its there. only ever spend what you NEED to. haggle, scout and barter for deals

Oh i totally agree, im not planning on spending it all. I'm just angry that i accepted the job offer thinking the club was rich, but was left gutted! I doubt i would have even left Southampton if i knew this was the case :/

Don't spend it all! If you do they will probably fire you.

The boards/chairman are pretty stupid and regularly give you more money than the club can afford to spend, so you have to be careful and keep an eye on the club's finaces because they will hold you responsible even though they are the incompetent ones.

I would ask you, how much percentage of transfers do you get to keep??

I had this when i took over Wigan when they got relegated i goto keep 75% of transfer fees, during the summer they had a flash sale and brought in alot of money when i arrived, i had a transfer budget of £15million and yet then had less than 5million in there account.

My only explaination to this is the above percentage of transfer fees i get to keep.

I would ask you, how much percentage of transfers do you get to keep??

I had this when i took over Wigan when they got relegated i goto keep 75% of transfer fees, during the summer they had a flash sale and brought in alot of money when i arrived, i had a transfer budget of £15million and yet then had less than 5million in there account.

My only explaination to this is the above percentage of transfer fees i get to keep.

I get 70% of transfers fees.

I'v managed to balance the books by selling didier digard and johnathan franks, whilst pogatetz and emnes were already due to leave.

Ill have to wait and see how much money is made/lost each month to see if i can spend much of the money i have however.

Archived