Player Coaches

MR_C

How old do players have to become before you can offer them player coaches roles? as I have a few golden oldies on my team that I want to utilise as coaches before they retire.

I think it depends if they want to contine playing or just take straight retirement into full coaching

You could release comments saying they'd be a good coach and see how they respond but it depends if they want to retire. Offer a contract after they release a positive response and see hoe that goes

Gary Speed retires at 40 to become a full time Coach on my save but Gary Neville retired at 36 to become a Coach

What if when im offering new contracts it doesnt give me the option of offering them a player coach contract how do I bridge that? I'm Norwich in League 1 soon to be championship & ive got guissepe favalli @ 39, bobe balde & vladimere smicer @ 37 i signed these players on a free but wanted them to be some of my coaches for future as they can only do so much in matches because they tire too easily over 90 mins however are good influences on my team motivational wise.

Archived