For those who said it couldnt be done....

A World Class Players in the SPL. I've heard it said several times that the researchers said it, SI said it and it annoyed me no end

I've plenty of players that have Worldwide Reputations but not described as a World Class sort. When I saw this, I had to share it. This isnt a World Class Player I lured to the SPL, its one I developed almost since he was generated into the game

soutar.png

positons.png

personal.png

biopk.png

Just wanted to get that off my chest

He looks quality for SPL! He must completely tear the place apart

And the UCL :D

TBH, I thought it would be my regen stiker that would get the label first but he hasnt despite running away with a World Player of the Year award. I was beginning to accept that it couldnt be down and about 5.03AM this morning, I saw the above and went to bed happy :D

lelievre.png

Apps 357

Goals 249

Av R 7.41

I got him 6 months after being generated and I checked out his CA/PA 2 nights ago because I was bored waiting for 10.3 and it was 193/194. Soutar isnt near that sort CA/PA and he became a World Class Player, this guy has several UCL best player awards and winning the World Footballer of the year award 2 seasons ago. I find that strange, any explanations for that?

I've got two or three players that I tore from the clutches of the SPL as youngsters who are now world class players.

Yea, this thread is about the myth that they could never be labeled world class whilst playing in the SPL.

The only way to get one is by buying a world class player in but after a month or 2, the title would be changed on the player.

Good thread. Looks like there must be other factors at work as to whether someone is considered world class or not. I thought it was also down to his international achievements. IE, you can get a world class player of Lithuanian nationality to Celtic, but will never be considered world class due to his nationality PLUS the rep of the SPL. At least not until he moves to a tougher league.

Here, you've got a Spaniard (presumably someone either bought as a youngster then nurtured to this state, or an edited 190+ CA player), plus a Frenchman, plus the OP's Scotsman who (again presumably) has won tons of European trophies.

I've thought for a while now that too much of FM relies on reputation to make its calculations, though.

On a slightly more contentious note, I know we can see attributes and the like, but IRL we don't have that advantage. So when a striker scores 35 goals in the SPL for Celtic, it's not half as great an achievement as someone scoring 20 goals in the EPL or La Liga. It highlights one reason (yet again, presumably) why SI make it so hard to achieve that world class status in the SPL. Mark Viduka, Gazza, Barry Ferguson, Stephen Ferguson -- all did okay in England after blowing Scotland's socks off, but were never the force they were north of the border.

Why a WC status DROPS after signing a player, I can't say; pretty sure playing the SPL after signing from La Liga or Serie A or the EPL shouldn't make a player WORSE. Probably harks back to my "reputation" bug bear.

Yea, this thread is about the myth that they could never be labeled world class whilst playing in the SPL.

The only way to get one is by buying a world class player in but after a month or 2, the title would be changed on the player.

myth-busted.jpg

None of my players are edited anyways, I wouldnt be stunned into creating this thread if I did.

The frenchman & the scotsman are both from the very same save in the very same team.

Another thing

Soutar CA/PA is 178/179 - World Class Midfielder - Worldwide

Lelievre CA/PA is 193/194 - Striker - Worldwide

Archived