patch 10.3 -wayne bridge

i think that i would make it into the new patch, it wont take long for them to make him internationally retired

As llama3 says the data is 'parked', i.e. is in a state they are ready to release, but maybe this is a) big enough and b) simple enough to do to make a change. I would think it might well be both.

He's made himself look pretty weak with this decision IMO. How can you let a personal issue stop you from playing at a World Cup? His career should have nothing to do with his personal life. Look at Teddy Sheringham and Andy Cole, never spoke to each other for years, but played together well enough.

He's made himself look pretty weak with this decision IMO. How can you let a personal issue stop you from playing at a World Cup? His career should have nothing to do with his personal life. Look at Teddy Sheringham and Andy Cole, never spoke to each other for years, but played together well enough.

You have a point on the professionalim angle but the guy was his best friend and in football you have a very close community. What looks weak is that a best friend cannot keep it in his pants and has to try to get his legover a friends partner.

6 months after the patch fm11 will be released,so what i'm saying is where is the bloody patch.

Do you want it now or do you want it to be right?

Patience is a virtue that you clearly do not have.

If they released a half arsed patch just to get it out, I'm sure you'd be moaning about that. They can't win can they.

I'm not condoning what John Terry did, I'm saying to let an affair ruin your international career makes Wayne Bridge look like the 'poor little victim'. It makes him look weak. If that was me, I'd definitely play on, even if I wanted to kill the guy. I'd be bigger than that.

You have a point on the professionalim angle but the guy was his best friend and in football you have a very close community. What looks weak is that a best friend cannot keep it in his pants and has to try to get his legover a friends partner.

If they released a half arsed patch just to get it out, I'm sure you'd be moaning about that. They can't win can they.

Whoa intense,it was my first rant,dont be harsh :D,i play one game and one only and it's fm and over the years i learned to be patient thank you very much,i'm like Dalay Lama when it comes to waiting.But sadly i believe what i said is true

I think the only reason Bridge has stated he will never play for England again is because he wants to spare himself the embarrassment of not being picked. He's a shocking full-back to be fair. There is only one choice for left-back in my mind; Leighton Baines is arguably in the top three left-backs in the whole of the country (Cole, Evra, Baines). He's quick, technically excellent, he's a good passer, can beat a man, and his crossing is fantastic. I think Warnock is a really good player too despite his allegiance with the enemy, but he lacks the sophistication of Baines. If Leighton does not make it to the World Cup it will surely be a travesty; he is playing out of his skin again this season.

As for the raging debate over the personal lives of these overpaid buffoons, well you would be hard-pushed to find one player that doesn't cheat. I'm afraid that's the nature of engaging in hollow relationships (both ways, not just being chauvinistic here) such as the ones megastar footballers engage in with these fake plastic females. The fact that so many of them stay together after such infidelity speaks volumes I think.

Whoa intense,it was my first rant,dont be harsh :D,i play one game and one only and it's fm and over the years i learned to be patient thank you very much,i'm like Dalay Lama when it comes to waiting.But sadly i believe what i said is true

Harsh? Maybe?

However since day one SI have stated that the 3rd patch will be late Feb/early March. Last time I checked we are still within that window, so people constantly moaning about it and asking for it just grates after a while.

I think the only reason Bridge has stated he will never play for England again is because he wants to spare himself the embarrassment of not being picked. He's a shocking full-back to be fair. There is only one choice for left-back in my mind; Leighton Baines is arguably in the top three left-backs in the whole of the country (Cole, Evra, Baines). He's quick, technically excellent, he's a good passer, can beat a man, and his crossing is fantastic. I think Warnock is a really good player too despite his allegiance with the enemy, but he lacks the sophistication of Baines. If Leighton does not make it to the World Cup it will surely be a travesty; he is playing out of his skin again this season.

As for the raging debate over the personal lives of these overpaid buffoons, well you would be hard-pushed to find one player that doesn't cheat. I'm afraid that's the nature of engaging in hollow relationships (both ways, not just being chauvinistic here) such as the ones megastar footballers engage in with these fake plastic females. The fact that so many of them stay together after such infidelity speaks volumes I think.

Whether Bridge is good enough or not, he's actually not so bad. You mention Baines but what has he done at International level? Its a totally different ballgame, he may be outstanding or he may be absolute rubbish. Guess unless he's given a chance we wont know but would you risk this at a world cup?

Even if these women are questionable and footballers by being overpaid are silly, dumb or not. The fact is with so many women to choose from to go for your best friends' one is really low. If she was doing the hunting then he could've been the bigger man, said no and told Bridge. What happened then is a separate issue. That is what makes this the spark that it is.

Harsh? Maybe?

However since day one SI have stated that the 3rd patch will be late Feb/early March. Last time I checked we are still within that window, so people constantly moaning about it and asking for it just grates after a while.

True on this and remembering once the patch is out will mark the end of FM10 should have ppl worrying less.

John Terry didn't even do anything wrong...Not to Bridge anyway, Bridge wasn't with her anymore. Wayne Bridge is milking it like a crying schoolgirl

I believe your facts are wrong:

1) Terry was an ambassador for "family values" yet had an affair.

2) The affair happened while Bridge and Vanessa where dating (they only split at Christmas).

3) Terry got a gagging order on the press to try and stop this coming out.

If I was England Manager Terry would be out of the team and Bridge would be in.

Don't even get me started on naming Rio as captain, some one who has cheated the random drugs testing in the past.

Before you all ask I am a Man Utd fan, so my opinions will be coloured by that.

I also don't think we have a better player than Terry or Bridge available in the positions they play for the World Cup.

On a personal note, if this was one of my pals with the mother of my child he would be trying to pick up his teeth with his broken fingers by now.

Im a Man Utd fan and agree that Rio shouldnt be captain. How can you have a captain that is constantly injured. Especially when Capello only picks players that are injury free and have been playing for their club. Which Rio has neither. Captain should be Gerrard or Rooney

Also Capello should have the balls to drop Terry and get Bridge back. Make an example of him. Either that or the other England lads should give Terry that much stick and a good kickin in training he'll want to quit

As if Wayne Bridge was ever going to get his game at the World Cup anyway, or even make the squad.

This is a non-story.

I couldn't care less if Terry cheated on his wife, or if Terry and Bridge are not best friends.

Who gives a monkeys? The only thing that matters is going out there at the World Cup and performing.

England were only ever going to get to Semi-Finals at best, but now they have a reason off the field for them not succeeding already. And should take the focus off why they fail to perform on the field. Tournament after tournament, constant failures.

As if Wayne Bridge was ever going to get his game at the World Cup anyway, or even make the squad.

This is a non-story.

I couldn't care less if Terry cheated on his wife, or if Terry and Bridge are not best friends.

Who gives a monkeys? The only thing that matters is going out there at the World Cup and performing.

England were only ever going to get to Semi-Finals at best, but now they have a reason off the field for them not succeeding already. And should take the focus off why they fail to perform on the field. Tournament after tournament, constant failures.

What makes you think they'd get semifinals anyways? Its a little arrogant to suggest the other nations at the World Cup would falter against England or like any other nation suggesting the same. They all have a chance of winning the competition, some more than others but everyone seems to be forgetting Greece at Euro 2004. Anything is possible. The reason England fail at turnaments is lengthy. It may have something to do with players not having the necessary foreign experience, playing only in England or it could also be because they take to the field believing they have already won. This has nothin to do with the issue at hand.

Several things.

First, there are at least a couple of LBs who ought to be ahead of Bridge anyway. Baines, Lescott, Warnock, Gibbs if he was healthy.

Second, Cole will be back.

Third, would you like some cheese with that whine, Mr Bridge. Grow a pair.

I wonder what your reaction would be if this happened to you? Or do you think its a good thing to happen?

Several things.

First, there are at least a couple of LBs who ought to be ahead of Bridge anyway. Baines, Lescott, Warnock, Gibbs if he was healthy.

Second, Cole will be back.

Third, would you like some cheese with that whine, Mr Bridge. Grow a pair.

First, Gibbs? hahaha

Second, Cole might not be fit, if not Capello wont pick him

Third, I hope it happens to you

Well he has a few options at leftback, baines should get a start in the next friendly to be fair,he can also play Gareth barry there.

Just cause some of you believe everything your media mummys tell you doesnt mean John terry shouldnt play in the squad to be fair, and to be honest hes better than any other english centre back even on a poor day, so credit where credits due. Shawcross/Cahill(when hes recovered fully from his blood clot thingy) should be called on for a chance as they have both performed highly in the past two seasons, i just hope capello trys more players in friendlys and doesnt pass up on them for their whole careers like Kevin davies, who has been a nightmare for teams over the years but has never had a proper run or even a call up if memory serves correct.

well theres not much point in this then is there. seeing as 10.3 is data locked and this has been announced today. Its not going to be in is it?

where has it been announced that data is locked?, i have read its locked in various threads but nothing official, anyone point me in the right direction?. Either way it makes no difference, SI will puiblish a work a round for the BRidge affair, much like they did a few years ago with the Diarra to portsmouth wages saga.

I wonder what your reaction would be if this happened to you? Or do you think its a good thing to happen?

If what happened to me? If a girl I once dated decided to date someone else? It has happened to me. I assume it has happened to everyone.

I have this strange view that people should be free to sleep with whoever they want to. I do not own all my ex-girlfriends. Neither does Wayne Bridge.

Poor Bridge, personally i like him better than Ashely Cole, more consistant, more defensive mind, i see Cole as more of a Wing Back, more of an attack threat on the overlap.

I know when i played my World Cup campagin, i picked him over Cole, usually

Like when they got it right for 10.2 right? which totally killed wide play in the match engine only allowing narrow formations to be so good you can play with 3 defenders and 3 strikers and score 5 every other game creating more CCC in one game than you should in 2 or 3?

:rolleyes:

When you kiss SI's behind you should at least have a look at the previous patch before doing so.

John Terry didn't even do anything wrong...Not to Bridge anyway, Bridge wasn't with her anymore. Wayne Bridge is milking it like a crying schoolgirl

At the end of the day she's the mother of his best mates child, that's a no go area as far as im concerned, whether or not they're still together.

As for the OP question, you can always just tick the 'international retirement' box for Wayne Bridge in the editor.

Archived