AI Managers?

FoA, I don't know if I'm writing this to the right place or if this topic has been written before. So I'm sorry if I'm doing wrong things.

I just wanted to know your thoughts about the realism of the AI managers.

Do you really feel like you are playing against the special one when you're playing against his inter side?

Also in general, do you think they sign players that they would sign in real life?

I think this side of the game is somewhat not the best and I generally find myself playing against a not so special one.

Thank you all.

I think this is because it doesn't feel like you're playing against the special one because his personality is not replicated in the game. If random news articles popped up about managers saying certain things it would help create personality thus creating them in the bench

I think this is because it doesn't feel like you're playing against the special one because his personality is not replicated in the game. If random news articles popped up about managers saying certain things it would help create personality thus creating them in the bench

To reflect their own personality in the game would be very hard. I know that. But sometimes even their tactics are not reflecting their footballing personality. Or let's say, they always play with the same formation in advancing years. I'm sure Mourinho wouldn't play 4-3-1-2 for the rest of his life. At some point this unrealistic way of things might get you bored.

Of course not.

The manager AI is pretty much non-existant. They just resort to pre-programmed tactics depending on what the score is.

As for signings, they use AD - artificial dumbness.

I totally disagree. AI managers do know how you are playing and change their tactic accordingly. The higher tactical knowledge or tactical training, the faster they respond to your tactics. I know that for a fact, since FM06, when we were able to watch the AI's tactics in match.

Here is the link http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=18805

Archived