Anyone bet bored being big teams???

Guest lami

Guest lami

I started a game with QPR in the cha,pionship and won the league in my first season. First season finished 5th in Premiership, qulaifying for UEFA cup. Third season finished 8th but won UEFA cup. Season after to my surprise Man Utd offered me the job which I had to take. First season with Man U i walked all domestic trophies, winning the lot and got knocked out of the semi's by a very lucky Inter in Champions League. My beloved QPR got relegated so i declared an interest in becoming the manager. There manager was sacked and i've now started back back at QPR 7 games in and top of the championship.

Does anyone else find being one of the top teams is really boring? I didn't have to chnage much really, just adapted my own formation and brought in a few covering players. I was considering srating again until i was re offered the QPR job.

Oh and i've also won African Nations with Cameroon and COPA America with Brazil (CURRENTLY MANAGING).

If I knew how to upload formations I would as I've had nothing but success.

Guest lami

I'm never normally a big team but i was curious to see how it would be managing Man U. Dissapointed in the end.

I was always a big team on the 06 and 07 versions but on this version I've started doing lower league and am really enjoying it. Currently doing Dafuges Challenge with Merthyr Tydfil and it's really fun.

tbh dispite being an arsenal supporter i enjoyed playing as rennes and villareal much more. villareal aren't small, but they're still alot more fun then the enourmous teams because you actually have to make consessions.

There are essentailly no decisions to make if you don't have limitations, which you don't at barcelona or milan or whatever.

Yes, playing as big teams is very very dull, the last time I was a big team was Real Betis on FM06. Pretty quickly built a team that won every competition for a few seasons in a row. Had much more fun in eastern European leagues.

I have never been a big team. Don't know why lol. Seems boring.

Ok i have put a user on Arsenal and Inter and gone on holiday for the entire season while I was coaching LLM. Both of them went undefeated in league. Go figure. I made no changes whatsoever.

Ive never started off with a side above league one. On footy manager groups on some online social networks, namingly one about Blogging Early and Blogging often, people are always talking about signing top quality youngster for Arsenal and Man U, and then im like, "does anyone know a goalie i can sign for Lewes under 5k".

Originally posted by Neji:

Big clubs = no challenge = boring. Its never been any different.

And that's a fact, is it?

So there's no challenge whatsoever in trying to consistently win trophies?

And because you find it boring, that makes it a fact?

I love managing Man. United and I never find it boring. In particular, I love developing players and watching the squad change over the cause of a long-term game.

I prefer managing big clubs too. Since I tend to stick to a club for a long time, but some small clubs will take forever to move up to the top and that discourages me a lot. Also, it's a pain when you got a star player and he has to leave the next season for the big money. That's hard to take.

I think winning big trophies is more fun than winning promotion battle, at least that's for me.

mike tbh there is no challenge whatsoever, tbh you dont even need to be a good manager to win everything with man u arsenal or chelsea. its maybe not boring but its certainly not a what i would call a challenge.

i used to always be a big club but since ive grown up and got used to fm and being able to take most smaller clubs to premier league glory i have given up with bigger clubs the only time i go back to them is if i have a bad time with grimsby or someone lol. to get my confidence back and win some games!

And because you find it boring, that makes it a fact?

Calm down. Did I say it was a fact? I guess that this is the internet, if you don't put IMO around everything you get jumped on.

So there's no challenge whatsoever in trying to consistently win trophies?

In FM? No. IMO

I don't play as the big clubs, but I play as the teams just below that are just a few signings away from success since I like building up title challengers and challenging for europe. I can't play outside of the top flight though

I also dont start as big clubs as i find it pretty unrealistic that Man U would hire some unheard of nobody. if i was to mananage a big club id like to do it due to my success in the game.

Liverpool is ok, you cant just go out and win the league with the current squad which the other 3 big teams can so you have to strenghen heavily

Would start to get bored of winning every trophy every season after a while, thats why i moved from Liverpool to Swansea on FM Handheld

I've never been manager of one of the Champions League clubs as it doesn't interest me. I tend to start from the lowest league in a nation and try to progress and build the club up. I don't even enjoy managing the team I support since I'd be too loyal to certain players.

Same with me.....I started a game wit Bayern...Won everything in 2 seasons. Went to Juventus won everything there aswell

But i changed and im now a high profile manager in League 2 with Stockport County! Im currently in my 2nd second after missing out on the play-offs. Favorites to win the League this year!

Ive alwys loved playing with Arsenal, but have to it does get boring after a while.

But I started a challenge where I can only field English players.

Idea-

Start unemployed, with Local rep and work your way up to manage a BIG team, I started with Stafford Rangers, hoping to become Arsenal manager one day, now that's a challenge!

I am toying with the idea of sending my manager, who has made Aston Villa into the biggest club in the world, to a smaller premiership club to see if I can beat them. The game is just getting to the point where the real world players are getting on a bit. Fabregrase is 30, messi is 29.

So in a few years time it will be regens all the way.

I have always enjoy doing rags to riches games, taking some small fry team all the way to the premiership. this is the first game where i have actually jumped from club to club.

I still can't get my second manager promoted out of the Championship, 4th year I have lost in the play offs. I am enjoying the challenge, but I do wish the board would give me some money.

imo well it is not boring at all lol

i currently manage ManUtd for 3 seasons now,(i took charge when Sir Alex retired at 2010), winning 3 straight EPL and brought home a Champion Leagues title in my 1st year. tbh it was a bit enjoyable, and winning seems as easy as ever, so i decided to sell all of my foreign players including Ronaldo,Vidic,Evra,Anderson and many more for decent prices.

haha,since then, my Teams are now British players,(i am in 7th season now) and things are getting more challenging,and more fun at the same time,you know, training your own youth players, or scounting for British talents,and making them a continental-class players.

i am enjoying it now, one of my youngster are replacing aged Rio Ferdinand,another 2 are good back-ups and challengers for lennon and downings.

Imo it is not necessary to start with a lower league clubs haha

I started with Arsenal and got fired after 2 seasons and just a Carling and FA cup victory in the combined two. icon_razz.gif

I blame the 5096840 shots and 2 goals ratio for that lol

Anyway I'm now managing Brighton lol

And not doing good at all though I improved the team.

Archived