Fm ocd

Right, whilst waiting for the new patch, i decided to start a new Great Britain Save (well all leagues in Scotland and England). Whilst doing this it struct me how obsessive I have become in the games I play. So I thought i'd find out if there were others like me with FM OCD.

Here's just a few of the things I do when starting a new game'

Load individually created training schedules for 1st team, reserves and Youth, I have created individual schedules for full time, part time and youth in the following roles Pre Season General, Pre Season Gk, GK's, FB's, CB's, WB's, DM's, CM's, SM's, Am's, Wg's, CF's & St's.

I Load up player filters for the above individual positions as well as Staff Roles Assistant, 1st Team, Youth Team, Fitness, GK's, Defending, Attacking, Tactics, Shooting, Set Pieces, Scouts & Physios.

Transfer List GK's above the age of 35 and Outfield Players abover 32 (no matter how good or how long they have served the club).

Refuse to sign anyone above 28, will not sign anyone on less than 3 year contract, try and renew contract as soon as they have 24 months remaining.

If need to issue squad numbers I do so as follows

1, 13 & 31=GK's

2, 12 & 32=RB's

3, 23 & 33=LB's

5, 6, 15 & 25=CB's

16, 26 & 36=DM's

4, 8, 22 & 24=CM's

7, 17 & 27=RM's

11, 14 & 21=LM's

18, 28 & 38=AM's

10, 20 & 30=CF's

9, 19 & 29=ST's

There's so much more I do before I press "continue" for the 1st time, and I have been doing this for years, leading me to a prognosis of FM OCD :D

Any other sufferers?

Sure, although I never sign anyone over 22. Oh yeah, and I set up a year's worth of assignments for each of my scouts, with each major country being scouted once for under 22s and once more for under 18s. Then I set up everyone who has three star potential or better with a mentor. Identify captians, left and right FK takers, left and right corner takers, penalty takers (usually 7 deep in each). And my number assignments are different: 1, 12, 23 for GK; 2, 13, 24 for RB, etc...

Right, whilst waiting for the new patch, i decided to start a new Great Britain Save (well all leagues in Scotland and England). Whilst doing this it struct me how obsessive I have become in the games I play. So I thought i'd find out if there were others like me with FM OCD.

Here's just a few of the things I do when starting a new game'

Load individually created training schedules for 1st team, reserves and Youth, I have created individual schedules for full time, part time and youth in the following roles Pre Season General, Pre Season Gk, GK's, FB's, CB's, WB's, DM's, CM's, SM's, Am's, Wg's, CF's & St's.

I Load up player filters for the above individual positions as well as Staff Roles Assistant, 1st Team, Youth Team, Fitness, GK's, Defending, Attacking, Tactics, Shooting, Set Pieces, Scouts & Physios.

Transfer List GK's above the age of 35 and Outfield Players abover 32 (no matter how good or how long they have served the club).

Refuse to sign anyone above 28, will not sign anyone on less than 3 year contract, try and renew contract as soon as they have 24 months remaining.

If need to issue squad numbers I do so as follows

1, 13 & 31=GK's

2, 12 & 32=RB's

3, 23 & 33=LB's

5, 6, 15 & 25=CB's

16, 26 & 36=DM's

4, 8, 22 & 24=CM's

7, 17 & 27=RM's

11, 14 & 21=LM's

18, 28 & 38=AM's

10, 20 & 30=CF's

9, 19 & 29=ST's

There's so much more I do before I press "continue" for the 1st time, and I have been doing this for years, leading me to a prognosis of FM OCD :D

Any other sufferers?

Man United fan per chance?

I'm very OCD about squad numbers, but I do try to vary it somewhat - sometimes I'll give my first choice keeper number 13 and my reserve can have the number 1. 17 and 18 will normally go to central defenders and defensive midfielders and 22 will normally go to my sub right back.

Other than that, I try to give a numbering system akin to the country I'm managing in. So if I'm in Italy I'll give some crazy numbers out, e.g. when I signed Simeon Jackson for AC Milan (14 appearances 3 goals), I gave him number 99, and I had a number 74, etc. If I'm in Brazil, the defensive midfielder will have number 5, left back is number 6, etc.

Also, I try not to give the 1-11 to first choice players only - I like to see a smattering of different squad numbers on the pitch.

Yeah squad numbers for me is something I'm really OCD about, even in real life. Why the hell does Diaby wear number 2 when he's a midfielder?

Numbers I hate and rarely give out are numbers 6, 12, 19, 22, and 31, I don't know why really, sometimes I give number 6 to a defensive midfielder but only in certain cases...and I don't really know what criteria they need to meet but they only get it sometimes. Often I end up with numbers 7, 10, and 11 vacant because only special players get to wear those numbers...and I'm never sure who's deserving enough

Also, I'm not sure if this will make sense but when you're viewing your players if you click on one of the player's lines then his name will be highlighted for some reason but no other players names are highlighted - when this happens i have to bring in a player from the reserve, highlight his name, then send him back to the reserves because I hate that line that comes across the screen when their names are highlighted - if that makes sense

I try to avoid any kind of "always do this" tasks, so the game always feels fresh, and it doesn't become a science.

However, when watching the matches, I always put the cursor directly below the 'Match Controls' button, and slide it off the bottom of the screen. If the cursor is idle anywhere else on the screen during a match, it really bothers me. I have no idea why, though... it's just one of those things.

I'm not so OCD about shirt numbers on FM10 (though that's mainly due to squad number selection time coming too soon, given I often scout many players which takes a while to get all the reports for. This is specially true for the Ukraine which startes much earlier but with a reset date that isn't that much earlier. The window may start sooner but I always wait for the budgets before starting any activity) but on 09 it was definitely with what I considered my strongest side (which as I run a 2-players for each position meritocracy as far as I can, shouldn't be mistaken for a definitive starting line-up) numbered 1-11 (GK-RB-LB-CB-CB-AMR-AML-DM-CM-ST-ST), the others 12-22 (in the same order) and the occasional extra player and developing youth players taking the next numbers. Occasionally I'll try and pre-empt signings and my expectations by doing my usual numbers convention leaving gaps for where I expect new players will go (with DM and CM now before the wingers, reflecting the new default order) but I don't bother usually.

I also set my maximum age for new signings to 28 (I'm hardly ever in an obscure enough level for cheap aging stars to be a clear superior choice though in a situation where I am I'll obviously be more flexible) though never automatically get rid of someone due to age, even if players over 30-31 are a higher priority to release/offload if they're still doing well they can stay, and contract renewals are with 12 months to go.

Yeah squad numbers for me is something I'm really OCD about, even in real life. Why the hell does Diaby wear number 2 when he's a midfielder?

Numbers I hate and rarely give out are numbers 6, 12, 19, 22, and 31, I don't know why really, sometimes I give number 6 to a defensive midfielder but only in certain cases...and I don't really know what criteria they need to meet but they only get it sometimes. Often I end up with numbers 7, 10, and 11 vacant because only special players get to wear those numbers...and I'm never sure who's deserving enough

Also, I'm not sure if this will make sense but when you're viewing your players if you click on one of the player's lines then his name will be highlighted for some reason but no other players names are highlighted - when this happens i have to bring in a player from the reserve, highlight his name, then send him back to the reserves because I hate that line that comes across the screen when their names are highlighted - if that makes sense

Why does Gallas wear number 10?

I have this exact same problem, drives me nuts! Especially when I do it by accident.

For player numbers I just make sure that my main keeper is no. 1, my playmaker is no. 4, my main striker is no. 11 and that only someone really special (usually no one) gets no. 25 as that's my lucky number.

Also when viewing matches, I have to have my mouse cursor in the middle of the U on the Pause button, don't know why, it just really bugs me if it isn't there!

I have this exact same problem, drives me nuts! Especially when I do it by accident.

For player numbers I just make sure that my main keeper is no. 1, my playmaker is no. 4, my main striker is no. 11 and that only someone really special (usually no one) gets no. 25 as that's my lucky number.

Also when viewing matches, I have to have my mouse cursor in the middle of the U on the Pause button, don't know why, it just really bugs me if it isn't there!

It ALWAYS happens to me by accdient! Like I'm about to click a player and I move slightly and then it highlights it, argh it does my head in. My lucky number is 11 so only my favourite players (usually Fletcher) gets that

I'm very OCD about squad numbers, but I do try to vary it somewhat - sometimes I'll give my first choice keeper number 13 and my reserve can have the number 1. 17 and 18 will normally go to central defenders and defensive midfielders and 22 will normally go to my sub right back.

Other than that, I try to give a numbering system akin to the country I'm managing in. So if I'm in Italy I'll give some crazy numbers out, e.g. when I signed Simeon Jackson for AC Milan (14 appearances 3 goals), I gave him number 99, and I had a number 74, etc. If I'm in Brazil, the defensive midfielder will have number 5, left back is number 6, etc.

Also, I try not to give the 1-11 to first choice players only - I like to see a smattering of different squad numbers on the pitch.

I'm very similar with squad numbers, I sometimes give a left or right back number 4,5 or 6, with my CB getting number 2 or 3. But my 1-11 aren't always first choice, I like 17 for my left winger and one of my defenders has to wear something in the twenties.

I also like the occasional crazy number, with the likes of 90, 55, 71 and 69 being used in recent saves.

I'm also OCD about squad numbers. My favourite player in the team always gets number 16, my lucky number.

I also have to have the cursor hovering over the Pause button during a match.

I also have to pick the team for a match in order.. GK - LB - CB - CB - RB - and so on.

I never set limits on player ages though. Thats just mad :p

Another strange one was Boulahrouz (defender) when he played for Chelsea, he wore number 9. That's just not right for a defender.

And Milan Baros (striker) wore number 5 at Liverpool.

Yeah I was thinking those, and Winston Bogarde wore number 7 at Chelsea too, and there was a guy who played for Aberdeen (I think) who was number 0

Alex ferguson fan actually :D,

Born in Glasgow like him, moved to Aberdeen aged 5 (they are the team I support). I have always had relatives living in Leeds so moved here when I was 16, by that time I hads already been supporting Man Utd as an English team since Fergie moved in 1986, when Liverpool were still dominant, so can't be accused of glory hunting lol.

I also like assigning the best youth prospects the following numbers each year

71-GK

75-Def

78-Mid

79-Fwd

If any player is yellow carded in the 1st half they are subbed at half time, wether they are playing a blinder / star player whatever, they get subbed. Immediatly sub carded players in the 2nd half.

Anyone that gets a straight red is fined 2 weeks wages.

Just before i shut down FM i have to make sure my next game is to be played at home.Dunno why, but sometimes end up playing an extra 5 away games just so i can turn it off before the next home fixture!

This makes so much sense, can't believe you have just added to my "illness" lol. I can guarantee I will now be doing this all the time.

What the hell is 'OCD'?

OCD, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, something you do all the time with no logical reason, like making sure all your dvds are stored in alphabetical order, order going back to ensure you have locked your door even when about to set off in the car, or doing something in the same order all the tim e. In FM's case, things that you automatically do during each game.

yes i hate that to :mad:
I always randomly assign squad numbers.
yes

OCD, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, something you do all the time with no logical reason, like making sure all your dvds are stored in alphabetical order, order going back to ensure you have locked your door even when about to set off in the car, or doing something in the same order all the tim e. In FM's case, things that you automatically do during each game.

Ah, thanks for that. Tell you what, your entire society is suffering from OCD. How come you all instantly know what 'OCD' is? Because you're all obsessed with mental illnesses (and TLAs, but that's another matter). Here in Asia we don't fret about psycho-mumbo-jumbo, we're all crazy and just get on with it. ;)

Everytime I start a game the backroom staff is taken apart slowly and my guys are brought in... Then the players are sorted out.... Tactics are worked out and then new players are brought in....

Hicham Zerouali was the Aberdeen player with number "0"... Was killed in a car crash Iin December 04, at the young age of 27 ... R.I.P zero... Ur still being missed!

Jim Paterson (LB) wears number 7 for The Dons

Paterson number 7 annoys me, he's a LB for God's sake, Zero, got away with his number, always a legend.

I won't sign players under 5 Foot !0 inches tall (6 Foot for GK's, CB's and Target Men). I know the height thing in FM is purely cosmetic and its the Jumping and Heading Stats that are more important than height, but for me having a GK or CB under 5' 10" just doesn't look right.

Archived