External factors to affect players? The Ashley Cole scenario

I was wondering if Si will look at adding a bit more depth to FM, possibly FM11 by having external factors affect player morale. For example for a news item to state "Player x affected by personal problems" and maybe further news stories which will result in destabilising the player. I know they have the comment "suffering from personal problems" within the game and your AssMan telling you the same thing but I would like to see the press more involved in this, as the attempt to create the kind of stories they do irl.

I would like it done properly, not to have news stories every other day but clearly within a scope of 2yrs this would happen at least 2 or 3 times.

Seeing as at the moment Ashley Cole will be affected by news stories just like John Terry is and therefore their play like it or not will be affected and as a manager it will be upto you to motivate them, meaning you need to have more interaction for the manager with his players but will this be possible?

I was wondering if Si will look at adding a bit more depth to FM, possibly FM11 by having external factors affect player morale. For example for a news item to state "Player x affected by personal problems" and maybe further news stories which will result in destabilising the player. I know they have the comment "suffering from personal problems" within the game and your AssMan telling you the same thing but I would like to see the press more involved in this, as the attempt to create the kind of stories they do irl.

I would like it done properly, not to have news stories every other day but clearly within a scope of 2yrs this would happen at least 2 or 3 times.

Seeing as at the moment Ashley Cole will be affected by news stories just like John Terry is and therefore their play like it or not will be affected and as a manager it will be upto you to motivate them, meaning you need to have more interaction for the manager with his players but will this be possible?

yes its a good idea........................and why I want a real time editor:thup:

not to cheat:thdn:

but to cover many many things like this...and injuries/bans/remember roy keane going???

The game has it but only if it happens before the game is released. Like Podolski being home sick or w/e it was in FM09. Situations like Ashley Cole and John Terry cannot be coded it and should not unless 1) there are live week to week updates from SI like EA does or 2) its before the game is released. As once you start your game the world in FM10 does not follow RL. After all its a game.

But there is a way SI could code it. For example maybe some players have a tendency to drink or party (Adriano) but then you have the Saints of the world (Kaka) who don't. So maybe there should be a personal situation factor/personal leave factor. And depending on how you manage the player it can go up or down. Kaka would naturally have a low one and stay that way while players like Adriano would have a high factor (events would be random but would only be reported as needs personal leave or didn't show up due to personal reasons) but could be lowered depending on how much he likes the manager, if the manager is there for a long time or if he is at a club for a long time or if he goes back to his home country or favorite club. If he keeps getting loaned out or rotated too much the factor might increase or even if the player has a low ability to deal with pressure, under performing can affect it, dislike team mates, etc.

In other words the core of this is already coded into the FM Series all SI has to do is input a personal reasons factor and have it read the situation in the club along with other attributes of the player and generate randomly with a percentage of likely hood that a player will request personal leave or just miss training/matches.

I've had media messages saying that players have been spotted leaving nightclubs at all hours. I can't remember the exact wording but it's along those lines.

I agree that maybe there could be more personal things that could affect morale. I don't think it should be too specific though.

Archived