How can I make the **** sign?

Managing Pompey in 2023. I've got a french left winger (was "wonderkid" now "enthusiastic winger") whos contract is up at the end of the season and obviously I want to keep him. Problem is Arsenal were sniffing round last season and ever since I told them to sod off he is "looking to leave the club" and "wants to be transfer listed".

Even if I offer him 125,000 a week, a £6.25m signing on fee and maximum goal and appearance bonus the bugger still won't sign, even when his morale is superb. Anything else I can do to "persuade" him to put pen to paper?

Managing Pompey in 2023. I've got a french left winger (was "wonderkid" now "enthusiastic winger") whos contract is up at the end of the season and obviously I want to keep him. Problem is Arsenal were sniffing round last season and ever since I told them to sod off he is "looking to leave the club" and "wants to be transfer listed".

Even if I offer him 125,000 a week, a £6.25m signing on fee and maximum goal and appearance bonus the bugger still won't sign, even when his morale is superb. Anything else I can do to "persuade" him to put pen to paper?

Nope fraid not. If I were you i'd cash in, otherwise just hope that Arsenal don't offer him a contract and then he'll sign easy enough.

I usually renew all contracts a season in advance, that way no-one can come sniffing round and unsettle anyone or give them incentive to leave on a bosman.

All you can do is give it time and hopefully his unhappiness will change as it often does in FM. How far into the season are you?

If it is early on, give it until at least December, and if he is still not happy you have a tough decision to make- sell him then or take a gamble and keep him for the season and hope he signs with you in the summer(beware he could sign a pre contract with another club from December 31st onwards)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">just hope that Arsenal don't offer him a contract and then he'll sign easy enough </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And it'll be less than you're offering. Another example of the flawed club rep system I think. If Portsmouth win the League every year for a decade, Arsenal still have a better rep.

Or maybe the guy just doesn't like you. icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by backpackant:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">just hope that Arsenal don't offer him a contract and then he'll sign easy enough </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And it'll be less than you're offering. Another example of the flawed club rep system I think. If Portsmouth win the League every year for a decade, Arsenal still have a better rep.

Or maybe the guy just doesn't like you. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm on his favoured personnel list apparently! icon_biggrin.gif

I'd imagine if he doesn't sign and I don't sell him Real, Barca or whoever will sign him up pronto.

I wouldn't wait until December, i'd put him on the transfer list and offer him to clubs now. If no-ones interested then they may disappear off the interested clubs list and you'll be able to sign him up.

Archived