Ever been Re-Hired??

Hey peoples, Been trawling through the forum, And cant seem to find anything on this...So thought id find out if im the only 1!!

right, Here go's, im a massive Spurs fan in real life, but i love to start low in the game, So started at grays Athletic, was there for 3 years, Before i took the job at notts county, Felt that is was time they really pushed up the leagues as there the oldest team lol..... Was there for 3 Years, Got Semis of League cup, Before being HAMMERD by Wolves.. Won league 2, Won the JPT two years on the trot, And managed to not spend a penny out of the transfer fund.....

However, Mid way into my 3rd season, Sitting in 7th in League 1, I got offerd the Sunderland job, They was rock bottom, and it was 1st of jan, They offerd 17mill Transfer funds, And i took it, only on a short contract, Just to save them from relegation...... Joe Royal took the nots job, And as i thought i would :p i saved the mighty Sunderland from relegation, in fact, only lost 3 in my time there......... i rejected the contract and started waiting for a job to pop up in the lower leagues again............. I Was amazed to see Mr ROYAL has taken the Sunderland job, and Notts county were looking for a new manager, i applied, they saw, they accepted... The Legend Mr Price returns to meadow lane, a mere 4 months After leaving....!

Has anybody else been re-hired, i didnt think i happend in the game!!

Cheers for hearing me DROOONNNNEE on.......... PS..... FM ADDICT HERE! Since the Early CM days!!

I was England & Chelsea boss at the same time, resign from both at the same time, i pressed continue a couple of times & for a laughed i decieded to re-apply for both, i was rejected from both, the appointing Stuart Pearce instead (now considering i had won the World Cup for them & hadn't been beaten in a year, i thought this was unrealistic, personally, as for Chelsea, i took them from 10th -when they offered me the job to 2nd by the end of the season, so missed accomlished i resigned, so i didnt do now much special with them, only won the league cup/champions league)

so maybe i didnt wait long enough to get re-appointed.

After winning the World Cup/ Euro's on 07. I decided to resign. thinking i made a bad decision i applied. Got the job back again. I then resigned thinking i wanted to further my Club career. So i resigned 2 days after i had been re hired. I again re applied for a reason i cant remember and 3 days after i had resigned i was re hired for the second time! So the England Manager history looked like Hired --, -- resigned, Hired -- , -- resigned, Hired --. 2 years after that i left for good.

On my career save i started with Chester, took over in late March with relegation a foregone conclusion. The next season we won the BSN pretty convincingly also won the FA, somewhat fortuitously, after looking dead and buried 3-0 down after the semi final first leg against Dag & Red. the next season i led the team to 3rd in the BSP had The playoffs and a second successive FA trophy final, the play off semis and the Fa trophy finals being against The mighty Rushden. We won the Fa trophy but ost out in the play offs.

Following the dejection of my first real failure i left for Weston Super Mare who had just been taken over by a tycoon. When i reached league 1 it had become a bit tedious, all the youths were rubbish and winning had strangely become boring so i quit. What do you know my old assistant at Chester had just been sacked after taking them back down to the BSN. I was offered the job and once again i was fighting to get Chester back into the Football League. Later that season the new Super Mare manager was sacked and i was offered that job.

Some wicked stories boys ;) Cheers, Not the only 1 then!!

I remember in FM08 or 09 I Was Leeds manager and got offered the job of Latvia, I took it thinking would be nice to try my hand at international games, But quickly changed my mind, And resigned a few days later, Then i had a another offer asking me to Re-consider... Never seen it again ;)

I had two spells at Chimney Corner in one save.

In fairness, they can't turn down a "Former International Footballer", can they?

Depends who that "former international footballer" is. John Barnes had 79 England caps, but with his dire management spells at Celtic and Tranmere, if I were a club chairman I'd never let him manage my club once, let alone have a second bite at the cherry :D

Archived