almunia plays for england!

Just started season 3 and noticed that almunia has been playing for the england team with 18 caps already! i know this has been half-talked about happenig iirl but its wierd that it would happen in fm as im not sure he is better than any of the other keepers at fabio's disposal.

Reminds me of a save i had with england in fm09. Hulk got english nationality ad i played him upfront with rooney behind. hulk scored a hattrick to win the 2016 european championships final vs spain. that he was really a brazilian didnt seem to bother me!

I don't like this at all, however I know it's a real possibility. On an old Brazil game I game debuts to anyone that was resonable with dual-nationality just so I could avoid them playing for another country... however, in the case of Almunia and Enrique I don't think I'd be too fussed! In fact, if Almunia was between the sticks for Spain I'd be delighted! Haha!

Having foriegn players turn to english nationality is good, but its nothing like having a home grown english player scoring the winner of the EU or World cup :)

I cant bring myself to call up foreign players who get an english nationality , i have to have players born in england to be picked in my squad.

• 1 month later...

Archived