Impossible to put a club out of business

mylo

Just tried a small experiment. In the editor I gave liverpool 1b transfer funds and 1b wages, without adding any funds to their bank account. Then I went on a crazy spending fee, spending 950 mil on new players. As liverpool only had a small bank balance this has obviously pushed the club into debt of 800mil. You would think at this stage something would happen, a warning from the board or something, but no nothing. In the liverpool info screen it just says "In Debt" Then out of no where the club get 200mil loan. So to continue my experiment I edited the finances with fmrte to push the debt back up to 800mil, again the club say debt has been restructured and 250mil loan taken out. I have done this a number of times to see if the club would go into administration or even go out of business, but no, the club keeps getting loans. Surely at the amount of debt liverpool have here, there should be some problems, but it seems its business as usual and the board are very happy with my performance as manger!

PS. Is FM programmed for a club to go out of business?

it may depend on the players you have bought. If they are all world class how much would you get back if you sold them all? You say you spend £950m on new players. if you sold them all back for how much you paid or even made a profit then the debt would be wiped out wouldnt it? Look at Portsmouth now. Massively in debt but as long as they have assets they will always be able to pay something back

it may depend on the players you have bought. If they are all world class how much would you get back if you sold them all? You say you spend £950m on new players. if you sold them all back for how much you paid or even made a profit then the debt would be wiped out wouldnt it? Look at Portsmouth now. Massively in debt but as long as they have assets they will always be able to pay something back

Some of the player I bought were hugely over priced. For example value was 10mil and I paid 40mil. So I guess if the club sold them all they might struggle to recoup the money. I have just too much time on my hands today, I think.

I wanted to see how far I could put a top flight club in debt and how or when would they go into administration.

The real problem comes when the club don't won the ground, as in Stockport's case. Then you can't take out a loan as you have nothing to borrow against, no assetts that the tax man can take if you don't pay money off. So Liverpool are in a good position with the players they have, the amount of fans they have and the value of Anfield. Try doing it with Burnley or someone, you'll see them docked points every season until they disappear down the leagues.

On Fm 09 I had a network game with a mate and i was 2nd in the league with Manchester United. I went into compensation and were deducted 9 points :( !!! I ended up finishing 5th but new owners took over the club, wrote off all the debts and gave me loads of money to spend in the transfer window

You should be able to. If you run the club so badly this is the worst case of what can happen irl.

I dont see why there should be any legal reasons to make it impossible. I can't see a real club sueing SI because in someones save they ran their ingame club into non existance.

Do real clubs moan if their ingame club gets relagated out of the bottom of where your game starts so they dissappear out of the game? Or is it some sort of sponsership deal SI have with clubs?

its not in because it would be too complex to do. If a team goes bust in march, the whole league has to change. All results from that teams games are cancelled so all the clubs points need to be changed. That goes for goal difference, players goals being taken off, cards. Also the league would need to be changed to 19 teams and then that messes about with relegation places. Also promotion/relegation places for every league below.

What would happen if the team was still in a cup? What if they had already won the League Cup? Who goes into Europe? The runner up or the league place?

At the moment its all pure speculation. If SI were to put it into the game they would just be guessing at what rules would come into play in them situations. Until it actually happens they will never know

You should be able to. If you run the club so badly this is the worst case of what can happen irl.

I dont see why there should be any legal reasons to make it impossible. I can't see a real club sueing SI because in someones save they ran their ingame club into non existance.

Do real clubs moan if their ingame club gets relagated out of the bottom of where your game starts so they dissappear out of the game? Or is it some sort of sponsership deal SI have with clubs?

Thats what I am trying with liverpool. I have now free transferred the entire 1st team. The clubs value has now dropped from 800mil to 45mil. The club is now in 1.3b of debt. Last results were a 7-0 defeat to man utd and a 7-0 defeat to celtic. Job status is very insecure! I nearly doing as good a job as Rafa.

Still no word of the club going into administration or any news items about the club being in debt.

It Finally happened 31-01-2010 Liverpool went into administration, deducted 9 points, took out a "company voluntary agree" for 246mil. They came out of administration 1 month later. Now have a balance of 20mil and finances are described as secure. Where oh where did my 1b debt disappear to, as there were no players of any value to sell. Tom Hicks still chairman so no takeover either. A miracle turn around in a month, but they/we did get relegated.

On Fm 09 I had a network game with a mate and i was 2nd in the league with Manchester United. I went into compensation and were deducted 9 points :( !!! I ended up finishing 5th but new owners took over the club, wrote off all the debts and gave me loads of money to spend in the transfer window

:D

Administration, you mean? :D

Last long-time-game I did (just started a new one after encountering some weird company-take-over stuff), in 2027 Man Utd is struggling in CC. Think they went down around 2022 after a tycoon-tace-over, which must have failed. Got a japaneese manager, and was promptly relegated to CC. Now theyre under administration. This, has on the game I played all the way to 2045, happened to most premier league clubs, they seem to rise and fall economically. Only one club Ive never seen this happen with; ManCity. It seems no matte what happens, they are sillily rich.

Archived