What FM plays the quickest

d d

Hello

Just a quck thought.

What FM plays the quckest on your computer or laptop?

Mine on is Football Manager 2005

Football Manager 2006

Football Manager 2007 -

Football Manger 2010

Football Manager 2008

Football Manger 2009

FM 2010 by a long way. 2009 was very slow especially when you got a few seasons in. Never played the others with this comp so it would be hard to compare. Possibly FM 2010 beats them all.

why do games get slower when you are more seasons in to a game? never understood that

Databases is what causes it. I would imagine, they grow then get updated.

Grow... then get updated again, rinse repeate, then rinse repeate some more, time goes on, lot's of stuff to the computer processors and some technical malarky going on behind the scenes, queuing some game code, querying databases, this that and the other. I would presume then; the bigger the amount of game leagues you start with and size of databases. Would dictate over time the 'Speed' of the game being processed it's just got to do more and more requests. The CPU, the Hard drive, the RAM all do there bit. All that technical stuff going on, when the PC is just kind of purring away. The game doing this must play a factor.

Regens, players retiring/become coaches, or even managers, guess the game has to over-write the playing game database some-what. That's likely why. It get's slower is it's kinda organic, that's how I understand it. The databases are being over-written in game on the PC; as good as in if it's in real time, coding that in game to PC hardware and all that must be well really quite some acheivment to do, some may find it super speedy not even needing super computer just the, operating system, drivers, versions of ram, type of hardrive and all that plays a role. So they can have some older computer and happy with it, some other may not.

Its got to be something like that, I would think.

Maybe some kind chap 'In the know' will be able to explain this better, as a layman that's how I understand it. As everyone his different types of PC's, Laptops, MAC's and Windows operating syetms, not a games console, where we are all in the same boat, so same hardware same operating system. As we've got the same console. Just databases I reckon just that the size and amount of them in FM terms.

/For the OP, only really remember '09 I'd Say '10 being faster, but I run more and more leagues as I have, matured, would of run less leagues on FM '05 or even '06 would of been blinkered of managing in distant and farther places. Than I am now, so I would say newer is faster by comparison, as I am running LOT of leagues compared to the '05 version.

Archived