End of Season in FM

At the end of every season IRL i become annoyed with the ease in which clubs tell players they are being released or that they can start looking for first team football elsewhere.

To make the end of season more realistic in FM09 i would like the club to give the transfer budget then (rather than waiting to mid June when all the good players have already agreed deals elsewhere).

It would also be good to declare what players are being released and what ones can leave/be transfer listed as soon as the season finishes - and make a news item out of it.

This would also ensure you know of any good players that become available.

You only have to look at the bbc football website to see news items on this every day at the moment.

At the end of every season IRL i become annoyed with the ease in which clubs tell players they are being released or that they can start looking for first team football elsewhere.

To make the end of season more realistic in FM09 i would like the club to give the transfer budget then (rather than waiting to mid June when all the good players have already agreed deals elsewhere).

It would also be good to declare what players are being released and what ones can leave/be transfer listed as soon as the season finishes - and make a news item out of it.

This would also ensure you know of any good players that become available.

You only have to look at the bbc football website to see news items on this every day at the moment.

I totally agree with what you have said. The only point I am tentative on is the budgets for next seasons wages as I am wondering when it is known.

I always feel a little awkward just releasing a player off the cuff. I find myself asking if they know why they are being released (often because I think they would be better off elsewhere) or do they think I just don't like them. I'd most definitely like to be able to tell a player that I am transfer listing him for his own best interests. As it is currently I stall when transfer listing someone because I assume that they assume they are being unfairly treated.

Perhaps we should be able to tell a player that they are being transfer listed because we need the money that their sale would generate. I have had a few occurances where I have wanted to transfer list one of my top players because I think that he will gain me a large sum of money and that I can better invest that in more lower quality players for a bigger squad. Again I am tentative because it may disrupt my squad.

In the game, I pretty much do things the way clubs do in real life.

On the Monday after my last game of the season, I release any players whose contracts will be up at the end of June who I don't intend on offering new contracts to. I also transfer-list anyone who I want rid of that summer but whose contracts aren't up.

Since it's pretty much the norm for clubs these days, I'd like to see it coded into the game somehow.

i pretty much do that too. Transfer list those not needed and put those i am goig to release in my reserves. But i have to wait to July 1st until i can release them - unless i want to pay compensation of course.

Just would like to see a more formal, news-worthy feature surrounding who will or wont be staying with the club!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chumpmanager:

i pretty much do that too. Transfer list those not needed and put those i am goig to release in my reserves. But i have to wait to July 1st until i can release them - unless i want to pay compensation of course.

Just would like to see a more formal, news-worthy feature surrounding who will or wont be staying with the club! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I take the viewpoint that you might as well pay the compensation as that's just going to be the same amount as you'd be paying them to stay with the club until their contract expires. Might as well just get them off the wage bill so you can start shopping around for new players.

Archived