Trained at club v Trained in nation

What's the deal with this distinction?

I understand that it's to do with spending 3 years prior to the age of 21 at the club or nation, but I have a bit of an issue with it at the moment. I have two young first team players (21 & 22) who I bought from abroad when they were both 16. They have both been playing either at my club, or on loan in the saem country since then. The issue is this: neither of them is considered to have been trained in England.

Why is this? I had understood that the criteria was 3 years in the country prior to turning 21?

That sounds a bit weird. Ive signed on several occations players from brazil on future transfers, and offloaded them to belgium as soon as the transfer was complete, to take them into my squad as homegrown and trained in nation the day the 3 years had passed. There is an option where you can see how many days are left before they gain that status, try check it and maybe youre just some days off?

That sounds a bit weird. Ive signed on several occations players from brazil on future transfers, and offloaded them to belgium as soon as the transfer was complete, to take them into my squad as homegrown and trained in nation the day the 3 years had passed. There is an option where you can see how many days are left before they gain that status, try check it and maybe youre just some days off?

Beside both their names there's no date listed for them to get 'Trained in nation' status.

What's the deal with this distinction?

I understand that it's to do with spending 3 years prior to the age of 21 at the club or nation, but I have a bit of an issue with it at the moment. I have two young first team players (21 & 22) who I bought from abroad when they were both 16. They have both been playing either at my club, or on loan in the saem country since then. The issue is this: neither of them is considered to have been trained in England.

Why is this? I had understood that the criteria was 3 years in the country prior to turning 21?

Could you post a screenshot of their history pages, please? :)

Sounds like a bug.

I'm not sure if they should be HG club or just HG nation, but certainly one of those. :(

HG club, since it's your club they're registered with, even though they're on loan elsewhere. It's daft that they're considered to be trained at your club even if you've sent them on loan halfway across the world, but that's the way it works :)

Sorry, I should have made it clear that while they are being listed as being trained at my club 'HG' they are not shown to have trained in my country, which brings the problem of having only one 'home grown' player who has been trained in England.

However I have inadvertently discovered the root of the problem. Despite the fact that they are below the age at which they have to be registered for the PL, their 'trained in England' status only counts when they are registered for the competition. I had forgotten I hadn't registered them.

D'oh! Apolgies for wasting the time of everyone who posted.

Sorry, I should have made it clear that while they are being listed as being trained at my club 'HG' they are not shown to have trained in my country, which brings the problem of having only one 'home grown' player who has been trained in England.

However I have inadvertently discovered the root of the problem. Despite the fact that they are below the age at which they have to be registered for the PL, their 'trained in England' status only counts when they are registered for the competition. I had forgotten I hadn't registered them.

D'oh! Apolgies for wasting the time of everyone who posted.

Is that true? Very confusing. :confused:

I'm playing in Italy and I don't seem to have to register players to get them to be 'trained in nation' or 'trained by club'.

Is that true? Very confusing. :confused:

I'm playing in Italy and I don't seem to have to register players to get them to be 'trained in nation' or 'trained by club'.

I think he means he hadn't selected them or given them a squad number or whatever, so the total number didn't include them, not that they weren't homegrown until selected.

I'm pretty sure that ^ sentence makes even less sense, but nevermind.

All players who have been trained by your club also count as being trained in your nation - so if you have six club trained players registered you only need to register two nation trained players.

Yep. That was essentially what was puzzling me, until it came to my attention that I'm a bit of an idiot.

To confirm, you only get the benefit of their home grown/trained status if you give them a squad number.

Archived