Your Reputation

Morning all,

Had a look to find something similar but the search revealed no relevant results. I've been playing a career game starting unemployed with a Sunday League reputation. I've had two jobs so far, relegating Bath City (BSS) in my first year (including a 15 game streak without a win). I moved onto Nuneaton (BSN) where I was expected to make the play-offs, which I sneaked into on the last day of the season only to lose the final. Second season with with them (third in total) I was expected to get promoted and was 17th in January. It was about this time I was made favourite for the Southampton job (League One) despite actually being under pressure for my own job at the time. In the end I went on a winning run but ended up 8th, having briefly snuck into the play-off places.

The reason for telling you all that is despite only meeting my objective once and even then I didn't achieve anything as I lost in the play-off final my reputation has gone from "Unproven" to "Regional". Surely this increase is too quick? As a result of my disappointing season I resigned as I figured I'd try my hand at another club. However the first club that took me on was actually Tranmere Rovers in League Two. As a Tranmere fan I was pretty happy but it seemed a bit bizarre that I'd failed at the lowest level 2 out of 3 years and achieved nothing in that time yet a club two levels above that were prepared to take me on.

Just wanted to see if this was happening to anyone else?

i started a save with sheffield wednesday, as i am a fan of the club. However after around 6 months in charge, with no transfer budget and little wage allowance, we were 22nd in the league, with only 1 win in the last 10 games. I resigned the post, not wanting my favoured club to be relegated (especially in my hands). I had started the game with past experience sunday league footballer so didn't expect my next job to be above league 2. However i was offered a vacant Newcastle job jst 2 weeks after leaving wednesday. I was undoubtedly suprised at this, but did not accept as i didn't want to manage in the same league as wednesday. To my utter amazement, around a week after this the velencia job became available. I thought, "they can only say no" so applied, a couple of days later i was managing Valencia, taking them from 15th to 4th with talents such as mata, villa and silva at my disposal. I would not complain:) , bit i cannot see this happening in real life.

i started a save with sheffield wednesday, as i am a fan of the club. However after around 6 months in charge, with no transfer budget and little wage allowance, we were 22nd in the league, with only 1 win in the last 10 games. I resigned the post, not wanting my favoured club to be relegated (especially in my hands). I had started the game with past experience sunday league footballer so didn't expect my next job to be above league 2. However i was offered a vacant Newcastle job jst 2 weeks after leaving wednesday. I was undoubtedly suprised at this, but did not accept as i didn't want to manage in the same league as wednesday. To my utter amazement, around a week after this the velencia job became available. I thought, "they can only say no" so applied, a couple of days later i was managing Valencia, taking them from 15th to 4th with talents such as mata, villa and silva at my disposal. I would not complain:) , bit i cannot see this happening in real life.

Pretty much what I was getting at. As a Tranmere fan it was quite nice that I've got the chance to take them back up but I can only imagine how I'd react in real life if we appointed the equivalent of my manager on FM after my questionable achievements.

Archived