My team is 'Overawed'

What is the best way to counteract this. It must have something to do with press conferences etc but it has remained the same for a season and a half now and consequently i can't beat the top teams even though my Valencia side have done quite well.

I've just hired Di Salvo as my new Asst Manager to try and counter act this with his motivation, determination etc, but his predecessor was no slouch in that area either.

Any tips? :confused:

Wishing luck against same rep/bigger rep teams is what I do mostly (and almost with all away games), with success. Also check the status of your player's at half time and react if they look complacent etc. Maybe expecting victories at home against weak sides will improve the team's confidence?

Or maybe you have a lot of players that can't take big pressure, only solution then is get rid of most of them :p

Yeah, that makes sense. I am reluctant to use the old 'wish luck/no pressure' talks after a complete disaster early on in one of my games (Middlesbrough up against Man City and i tried the no pressure and lost 8-0).

Thanks for the advice

Maybe that's Sven said last game of the season in the 8-1 drubbing we got?

Archived