should i sell or should i not?

So I have this save with Verona, and currently I am in Serie B, just promoted and approaching January in 15th place. Not bad but I am just 3 points off the relegation zone. My problem this season has been scoring goals.

I have 3 strikers, Makinwa, Immobile and Di Carmine. Last season in C1/A, they were on fire. They scored an average of 20 goals each, that is why I decided not to bring in any new faces for the striker position, since I thought they would also do the job in Serie B. However, I was wrong. Its true, I am creating less chances than last season, but I expect that from 4 or 5 clear cut chances, they take at least 2. Infact, I do not concede a lot, but I am not scoring. If I scored at least 1 goal per game, I would have drawn and won more matches.

So January is approaching, and I have 2 offers for Immobile and Di Carmine, 4.5m for Immobile and 4m for Di Carmine. Now I am not sure if to get another 1 or 2 strikers on loan, just for this season, and keep them as reserves, maybe they will mature, since both are still 21. Or else sell them and get 1 experienced striker who can bang in goals, and 2 future prospects.

What would you do?

I am more inclined to do the latter, sell them and move on.

I'd sell me, only a few players I have in my teams that are untouchable. What about selling one and keeping the brighter prospect? Does look like the step up was too much, but I have noticed even the best strikers going their "finally scored after 11 hours of play". Seems once they get one or two the floodgates open.

Yeah if I had to keep 1, I would keep Immobile, because at least, he had 2 or 3 good games out of 15, and scored more than Di Carmine. Di Carmine has gone for 10 hours without a goal, so maybe I should wait for another hour :) Strange thing is that last season, Di Carmine was much better than Immobile, banging goals left right and centre

Sell them! I have a San Marino save and now i'm in A, this is the first time i've ever owned strikers. Sell them get your stadia expanded/youth/training improved.

You can get two/three high quality replacements for the money from one transfer.

Yeah nearly always (On the very rare time I owned one I sold him in the next transfer window), when I can I spend as much as I have on gk, def and mid. I was able to get strikers who were good enough for no loan fee and without having to pay wages.

Tbh I think I'd keep them both. At 21 yrs old with other teams interested, I reckon they're gonna become very good players in the future. I think you've got to ask yourself a question. Is there anything tactically I could do to help them finish better? Simply slowing the tempo down can help as they aren't rushing shots. Are they told to never take long shots? Sometimes they might benefit from being allowed to shoot from distance a little more / less.

Is it possible that you could maybe bring in a quality striker on loan to help you through this rocky patch? Might be worth paying a fee to get a good striker on loan.

If you really feel you must get shut of one or both strikers, try to get a future fee percentage in there as what would you feel like if by the age of 25/26/27 they were going for £20m?

If you believe theyre so good they can defend a first team spot in the future seasons, keep them. If you are unsure, and are thinking about brining other players in, sell them asap, as you wont get any good bids on them when theyre on the bench. Personally I doubt serie C players would be good enough for eg. serie A in the long run :-) Also check if theyre among clubs favourites before selling the, It may be an idea keeping them to keep the fans happy as well.

Very good advice indeed thre borkna. I am not sure if to wait at least till the end of the year, and get another 2 strikers on loan, or sell. Both options seem good options, cause if I get someone on loan and do not play the other two youngersters, their ratings could go down and loose money from them

Archived