Clubs keep withdrawing their bids!!!

Hope I can get some help with this issue as I cannot figure it out. Please stick with me too as this is quite a big post :rolleyes:

I have been playing for a few months now and I think I've pretty much got into understanding a lot of the game - appart from the "wealing and dealing" of transfers and loans.

I have currently got quite big squads in reserves and under 19s as Celtic and I am wanting to do a bit of a clear out and also send players out on loan. I have went through players and I have listed ones I don't want or one's I am willing to let out on loan for transfer, loan or both. Now, i'm currently in the middle of the transfer window at the start of the season and am starting to get a few clubs interested in a few players now, which is good BUT the thing is they keep withdrawing their bloody bids!!! :eek:

Example: I currently have Danny Fox in my squad and I have not got him listed for transfer but I do have him listed for loan. Now, I have had about 6 or 7 offers for him (mainly the same clubs like Derby and West Brom) and when they send a loan offer they are willing to pay 10% of his wages only. First negotiated offer I sent back was for 100% wages to be paid and loan fee of 50,000 (his current price tag for buying him is 925,000). The club withdrew their offer. Now they have bid on him a few times and the lowest I have negotiated for him was 60% wages to be paid and loan fee of 10,000 and this was STILL rejected!! :mad: I have had another player so far in a similar situation and his worth is about the same but no matter what negotiation I send back, the clubs always withdraw their offers. They just don't seem to want to pay for the players or if they do it's only 10% of the players wages.

Another reason this frustrates me is because I loaned out one player to Dundee for 100% wages to be paid and 14,000 loan fee and that was accepted and the player is on loan with them just now, but yet I can't get other players out on loan to "bigger" clubs for a less amount!! Why is this?? Anyone know, or do you just have to keep trying to weal and deal?

I have even offered these players out and have set up specifics for them i.e. loan fee and % of wages to be paid. I have just had 3 offers come through at the same time for Danny Fox again (different clubs this time) BUT they are still either offering nothing or only 10% of his wages!

Can anyone please give me any advise on this?

Thanks!

These other clubs that are withdrawing their bids may not have enough room left in their wage budgets to take this player on loan for more than 10% of his wages, unfortunately there is little you can do about that. The only way to get a club to take him on loan for 100% of his wages would be to get interest from a bigger club but you have no control over that.

The players aren't old and aren't really that bad - they are just either not part of my plans or I would like them to get some experience.

Can understand the clubs that go for the player I mentioned not having money in the kitty but it's frustrating when they are already paying more for their own players wages and they don't negotiate - they just purely withdraw after my first negotiation. I thought they would at least negotiate back instead of just simpley pulling out of the offer to then bid AGAIN a few days later with their same original offer :eek: I thought of putting it on Public instead of Private to actually attract more interest from other clubs as well.

I've even looked at the purchasing clubs wages for their players to give me an idea on what they are paying for wages to maybe help in deciding what % of wage to negotiate, but I don't think this works. I don't think it's the loan fee that is putting them off either as I negotiated 100% wages only and nothing else but they still withdrew.

Is there a rule that if the teams are outwith the top league then it's best not to put a loan fee on and just try and go with the % of wages paid? I always thought it was a mix of how good the player is (or isn't), age etc and the team that is bidding for him.

The fact is, that if your offering your players out for loan, (or listing for loan), be it because you want them to gain experience, or because they are not part of your plans, you cannot expect all clubs to want to pay 100% wages on a player that isn't theirs. Think of it from their point of view. They are doing you a favour loaning players which you dont currently use. If it was the other way round i would not want to pay full wages for a player that i do not own, especially if i am already pushing my wage budget to the limit. The only time i offer to pay full wages for a loaned in player is if i have a future fee agreed.

Hello there. U must ask yourself which is the thing u want more, cold hard cash or sending them out to gain exp. From my personal opinion, if u want to loan them out , u won be able to get cash (most of the time anyway). Do take note that u are currently managing a big club, so those clubs that want to so-called to loan your players are merely just ""borrowing"" them for a while, and usually do not have any cash on them anyway. Trust me as i always start as a LLM, so i know what is called running on a tight budget. Usually if they do have cash they would be going for better players already, and not just coming to u and try to borrow these neither here nor there players for awhile issint it? and also as a LLM , money is damn tight , so we are always trying to borrow players on frees most of the time, hoping to get promoted and get more money in the upper leagues in this way, so do not hope to get a 100% wages offer from them. At the most u can hope for is 50%. that is already considered very high imo as not many lowly clubs can afford 50% of a big clubs players. Meaning if u want money, sell them straight and if u want to loan them out, just do so but don expect too much from them . And usually u cant do both. As a club with no money , ""how to pay u money to borrow your player when im broke?"" would what they would be thinking most of the time. Cheers , i hope i have helped.

• Administrators

Are you running the 10.2 patch? I believe there was an issue where some clubs would scattergun approaches for loan, then they'd have to cancel some just because they'd either not have the budget or be lacking in space to take the players on loan (already having too many players on loan). Let me know thanks.

The fact is, that if your offering your players out for loan, (or listing for loan), be it because you want them to gain experience, or because they are not part of your plans, you cannot expect all clubs to want to pay 100% wages on a player that isn't theirs. Think of it from their point of view. They are doing you a favour loaning players which you dont currently use. If it was the other way round i would not want to pay full wages for a player that i do not own, especially if i am already pushing my wage budget to the limit. The only time i offer to pay full wages for a loaned in player is if i have a future fee agreed.

I fully understand that :thup: I don't expect every club to pay 100% of the players wages but if they are interested in them then surely you would think they would offer more than nothing at all or just a meagre 10% of their wages. Especially if they have put in a bit about 4 times. The main thing that annoys me like I say is that they don't negotiate - they just withdraw, so even if I reply with 100% wages and a fee you would think that they would negotiate back with something instead of just withdrawing then putting in the same bid again a couple of days later.

I'm doing the bidding club a favour by just entertaining their meagre offers trying to negotiate with them :D

Are you running the 10.2 patch? I believe there was an issue where some clubs would scattergun approaches for loan, then they'd have to cancel some just because they'd either not have the budget or be lacking in space to take the players on loan (already having too many players on loan). Let me know thanks.

Hey Neil.

Yeh I'm using the 10.2 patch. I did have one club bid for the player on loan and I actually got them to reply to the 100% wages AND a 60,000 loan fee :thup: BUT they pulled out and cancelled the offer cos they couldn't free up the money :(

The clubs just don't seem to negotiate about it withdraw their offers all the time, unless I am willing to let the player go for only 10% wages.

Is the loan/transfer options being looked into for the 10.3 patch? Just wondering.

Cheers.

Hello there. U must ask yourself which is the thing u want more, cold hard cash or sending them out to gain exp. From my personal opinion, if u want to loan them out , u won be able to get cash (most of the time anyway). Do take note that u are currently managing a big club, so those clubs that want to so-called to loan your players are merely just ""borrowing"" them for a while, and usually do not have any cash on them anyway. Trust me as i always start as a LLM, so i know what is called running on a tight budget. Usually if they do have cash they would be going for better players already, and not just coming to u and try to borrow these neither here nor there players for awhile issint it? and also as a LLM , money is damn tight , so we are always trying to borrow players on frees most of the time, hoping to get promoted and get more money in the upper leagues in this way, so do not hope to get a 100% wages offer from them. At the most u can hope for is 50%. that is already considered very high imo as not many lowly clubs can afford 50% of a big clubs players. Meaning if u want money, sell them straight and if u want to loan them out, just do so but don expect too much from them . And usually u cant do both. As a club with no money , ""how to pay u money to borrow your player when im broke?"" would what they would be thinking most of the time. Cheers , i hope i have helped.

Hey there.

Thanks for the insight into lower league management :thup: The thing is I can understand about the money being tight (being a fan of Scottish football I know all to well on the money thing :D) but the clubs that I have had bids from are in the Coca Cola Championship League so I know there is money there (nothing like the Premiership though). The thing is one of the clubs were paying things like up to 20,000 for their own players (average wage was probably about 10,000 ro 12,000 a week for a player) and they seemed to have quite a few players in their squad SO if they are paying all that for their current players, have a decent sized squad, why oh why are they willing to pay only 10% wages for a player they want on loan? :confused: Just to boost their reserves or something? AND they are paying all that on their own players but are not willing to negotiate a loan offer - just withdrawn.

The player that they have bid on is Danny Fox. He's not quality but he's not rubbish either and he's still a pretty young player too, so it's not like a rubbish player going to the Blue Square League or anything, which I could understand if it were. I don't dislike the player - he's just not part or my plans really and I'm willing to loan him so he at least gets football.

I usually look to see what league the bidding team is in before I decide to send my negotiation back to them and I try and base it on that and to be honest if West Brom, Derby or Watford (who are all in the Coca Cola Championship League in my game) bid for the player, I think that if I negotiate for them to pay 100% wages only and no loan fee THAT would be a fair enough offer as they are only paying for his wages (which aren't huge either). I could understand only 10% from a lower down league like League 1 or 2 or the Scottish lower leagues, but not from a higher up league.

Cheers for your insight though, mate :thup:

This is a significant issue with the vast majority of teams refusing to negotiate terms on loan deals...if you counter with even a raise of 10% (the new team takes on 10% more than they proposed of the player's wages, even if they're only a few hundred a week) they tend to withdraw the bid.

Well, that's pretty much pants then so lets hope if that's the case the loaning gets sorted for the 10.3 patch.

this happened to me pre 10.2 patch;)

barca...........agreed deal for a player but last second cancelled deal:mad:

so I put him up for sale again..................and guess who bid straight away..........

you got it barca(who were offering more than anyone else)

so let it go again.................and same thing happened:rolleyes:

didnt accept the 3rd bid though:rolleyes:

i find that whenever i try to negotiate with a club who is interested in one of my playersd they withdraw their bid every time. its pretty much impossible

then if i offer the player to clubs for the same amount that id previously tried to negotiate, the club who rejected me earlier will make the bid. certainly seems to be a bit of a bug to me.

It does sound a bit buggy that's for sure. And annoying as well :mad: I have offered the two players that have had bids out and have set certain aspects of the loan (like amount of wages to be paid and loan fee amount) and i've had an offer come through from one of the clubs that have been trying to get one of the players in the 1st place - with the same original offer of only 10% wages :eek:

I'll maybe just persist with it for now cos my squad is far too big and let's hope that it will get sorted in the 10.3 patch to be a lot better than what it is just now :thup:

Read the new patch 10.3 release info and couldn't see if this problem with loaning players has been fixed. Does anyone know if this has been corrected at all? I dunno if I was just being blind and never saw it in the release info :-D

Hello?? Anyone know if this has been sorted at all? I won't really know till my next transfer window in January and if it's not been adjusted it will be kinda annoying to loan players out and not get anything for them :mad: I mean what's the point in "loaning" players out if you don't receive money for their wages? Would this not be called "borrowing for free" rather than "loaning"? :D

• 1 month later...

Archived