Can't Sign Pre-Contracts

I'm playing as Deportivo in 2011/12 in Liga Adelante after a stint as Wellington Phoenix (A-League) boss.

While I was at the Phoenix I couldn't get players coming off contract to sign. I'd click the "Approach to Sign" button in the player menu and offer a contract, however time would go by and I'd get a "Transfer of PLayer X has been cancelled". I woudl then have to wait for the season to end (or the transfer window to open) before I could sign them.

I'm now at Deportivo and the same thing is happening. I'm trying to sign Marilungo (from Sampdoria), Naki (from St Pauli) and Dessena (from AC Milan) but they transfers keep getting cancelled with the folloiwing message.

"Player X deal falls through.

Player X's proposed transfer from Club Y to Deportivo has been cancelled."

Is this something in the rules or a bug?

I'm playing patch 10.2.

I dont know about others but i've never experience pre contract bug.

Can you post the age of the players that you are trying to sign, your club's current wage, wage budget and transfer funds left?

Marilungo 22y/o Sampdoria I'm offering him $8k per week

Dessena 24y/0 AC Milan I'm offering him $8k per week

Naki 22y/o St Pauli I'm offering him $5k per week

All would be on free transfer (i.e. end of contract signings) and nowhere does it mention compensation or anything.

Current transfer funds available $275k

Current wage budget: $152k /wk

Current wage spending: $102k /wk

Well, it could be a bug. Unless im missing some rules that i never knew exsisted.

By the way, is there any foreign player rule for the league? Or did you make alot of transfers that season and you hit the maximum allowed so additional transfers are not allowed?

Well, it could be a bug. Unless im missing some rules that i never knew exsisted.

By the way, is there any foreign player rule for the league? Or did you make alot of transfers that season and you hit the maximum allowed so additional transfers are not allowed?

Only a non-EU rule, all the players I'm tryign to sign are EU players.

Is there a rule about how many transfers can be made in one season?

Sorry fella, i've managed in England, Scotland, Belgium, Germany, France and Italy on 10.2 and had no problems at all with pre contracts.

Does it give any particular reason? Guessing it's not a compo fee that's causing it as they're in different countries.

Sorry I can't help.

Sorry fella, i've managed in England, Scotland, Belgium, Germany, France and Italy on 10.2 and had no problems at all with pre contracts.

Does it give any particular reason? Guessing it's not a compo fee that's causing it as they're in different countries.

Sorry I can't help.

Nope, no reason, just sits around doing nothing for about a month and then says cancelled.

Of course now other clubs have come in for 2 of my targets and have signed them up.. grrr

Are you playing the digitally downloaded version of the game? Let me know, thanks.

Yes I am, bought through GamersGate.

Also I can't release players from my Deportivo U19 side on a free. We're currently on holiday from the end of season but I can't release them even though their contracts have run out.

I've also noticed that I don't get any response (news item) when I offer players to other clubs. I also cannot demote players to my B team and some players I cannot transfer list (I click the 'transfer list' button but it doesn't list them) even though they are my players.

Archived