laptop help/advice needed...

** edit :- sorry if this thread is in the wrong section **

sup guys, I've recently brought FM10, haven't played FM since 08', I thought that was last FM I enjoyed..

I've been looking on the net for laptops, the amount of money I have is 400-450pounds.

I don't want a specific laptop, but It would be great if it had 4GB and 320HD. And a webcam would be a bonus. I don't know much about amazon so I would prefer getting the laptop from shops like argos, tesco etc

All I want is a good laptop which basically can run FM10 at a good pace.

So it would be great if you can post some good laptops here and give me advice..

I'm currently interested in this laptop, question is can it run MF1010? :-

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5083008/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7COffice,+PCs+and+phones%7C14418968/c_2/3%7Ccat_15701344%7CLaptops+and+Netbooks%7C16164797.htm

Welcome Medic

I'm using a Compaq Presario (model not made anymore, with similar specifications) and it runs FM10 fine, I'm into my 6th season and no slowing of game.

I would recommend getting a video card of 256MB+ (maybe even 512) and a dual-core processor (even i3, i5 or i7)

Also, be wary of the fact that 32-bit windows (it is unless specified) can ONLY use 4GB RAM (actually 3.5 but 4GB is a round number), so any further RAM is WASTED

EDIT: that laptop looks like it would run FM10 well

NOTE: I would be tempted to go for that laptop, but any check do some research before buying (check out HP, Dell, Toshiba etc)

Archived