3-2-2-3 - Finally, a solid formation!

After reading this forum for a long time now I have decided to upload my first tactic. It is done through all the ideas I have got off of the forum.

Many people say that the best way to play on FM10 is to have 3 centre backs and 3 strikers, so I have implemented both into my formation.

I found a 3-4-3 would leave me short at the back, it meant I conceded to many goals and this seemed the only other option that would offer me what I wanted, the best of both worlds, so I got thinking and put together a formation where the two, wide midfielders became wing-backs. It offered me the width I needed put also kept my defence tight and whilst defending they became almost like a back-line of 5.

The other thing I like my teams to do is create a lot of chances, I don't believe this formation brings 'total football' but it does create a lot of CCC's, something that is needed to score goals on FM10 as strikers, especially at lower leagues where I am plying my trade, need a lot of before they score. It also means that possesion is fairly even between teams, with the two centre midfielders it still offers a midfield 'battle' against most teams.

What I would advise is to have the centre forward in the middle as your most clinical finisher, he often isn't picked up as there is more strikers than defenders and most of your chances fall to him.

I have downloaded many formations of here that profess to be one that will make your team unbeatable and it has just made them look poor, perhaps even worse than a flat 4-4-2 was, there were too many flaws. I don't believe this tactic will make you unbeatable but I think it will make you hard to beat, it keeps your team solid and creates chances.

What is missing of this forum is a 'solid' tactic and here I hope this is, as I say it is still early stages so any feedback will be great. Anyway here it is, I find after long posts I lose my concentration:

http://www.filefront.com/15664205/5-2-3%20%28Morecambe%2C%20Aug%202012%29.tac

Shouts I use are 'retain possesion' and sometimes 'work ball into box'.

I have mentality on standard at home and counter away.

My Ass Man does teamtalks and oppo instructions.

I am currently 4th with a Morcambe side on a Blue Square South budget, due to the fact when I took over they were £1.2 million in debt. I kept them up first season after taking over when they were in the relegation zone on a 16 game winless streak.

Archived